Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:26 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo-11 View Post
I don't have a problem with whatever you think, that's inside your head
my problem is when I'm teaching my kids spanish in a public place (could be any language) and some SOB looks at me as if I was teaching my kids to smoke cigarettes or drink beer.

BTW,
"my mexicans 3 amigos" (yes, I put an extra "s" because I type 55 wpm) means "my 3 mexican friends"

I was just messing around with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:49 PM

148 posts, read 503,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
[/b]
I was just messing around with you.
As much money as I paid for them,
might as well be friends with them (just playing)

Old 06-17-2008, 07:55 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
I live in S. Texas but have been up here in Minneapolis for the past year working. I can honestly say I had no idea there was such a huge Hispanic population way up here.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:06 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
How do you know who is illegal?

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo-11 View Post
Lol,
meanwhile I'll have my mexicans "3 amigos" building a 2nd floor on my house and I just pay them with free room and food.
And since I speak spanish, we just hang out at the end of the day and drink a few "cervezas" while watching "futbol"

The value of my house doubles, while you're paying $25 an hour to a guy that doesn't know how to work a staple gun.
I find no humor in the circumvention of our laws, or the depression of wages. Obviously, you do.

I do not hire illegal aliens, and will gladly pay more for the services of a “qualified” U.S. citizen. It is precisely this greedy mindset that continues to exacerbate the problem. I bet you wouldn’t have had a problem with slave labor either. After all, the only thing that trumps “cheap” labor is “free” labor.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:35 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I find no humor in the circumvention of our laws, or the depression of wages. Obviously, you do.

I do not hire illegal aliens, and will gladly pay more for the services of a “qualified” U.S. citizen. It is precisely this greedy mindset that continues to exacerbate the problem. I bet you wouldn’t have had a problem with slave labor either. After all, the only thing that trumps “cheap” labor is “free” labor.
We need to be more like Bermuda

Quote:
In order to work here, you need to be required to do a job a Bermudian is not qualified for. Or, if a job has been advertised and no Bermudians have opted to take it, then the employer is allowed to consider non-Bermudians for that job. However, it is still at the discretion of Immigration. They can instruct the employer to advertise again, if they believe the job can indeed be filled by a Bermudian.
March 12, 2007. Government announced that newly-arrived foreign workers will soon have to pass an English test or face being booted out, Labour and Immigration Minister Derrick Burgess has revealed.

scroll down

Bermuda Work Permits for Employment of all non-citizens

Culture of Bermuda - History and ethnic relations, Urbanism, architecture, and the use of space

Old 06-18-2008, 12:07 AM

83 posts, read 271,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus View Post
I live in Queens
As do I. I take the 7 train every day...

Quote:
and will soon be moving to Houston. It is insane here. I get on the subway to go to work in the morning and I am practically drowning in illegals and their anchor babies.
How can you tell just by looking at them? I'm assuming that you don't walk up to a random Spanish speaker and question their immigration statuses...

Quote:
None of these kids speak english and a lot of them have a little Mexican or another Central American nation's flag on their backpacks. All on my tax dollars. Unbelievable.
So by hearing them speaking Spanish (to fellow Spanish speakers, no doubt--rather than to those who do not understand Spanish), you can automatically assume that they are illegal/anchor babies?

As for the flags, ethnic pride is fairly common amongst nearly all immigrants and their descendants. Have you ever seen all the Irish flag-waving at the St. Patrick's Parade? Do you have a problem with that too?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Absolutely. I only wish more people thought and acted like you.

Nicolem

Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kweens View Post

So by hearing them speaking Spanish (to fellow Spanish speakers, no doubt--rather than to those who do not understand Spanish), you can automatically assume that they are illegal/anchor babies?
Actually i agree. I work inside a bank and i can't tell you how many hispanic customers who are legal cant speak even bare english. But one thing i'll say, speaking in spanish and not knowing english will always raise the question of "legal or illegal?"

Oh, BTW, i'm in Virginia. Believe me this is a nationwide problem.

Quote:
I live in S. Texas but have been up here in Minneapolis for the past year working. I can honestly say I had no idea there was such a huge Hispanic population way up here.
Illegals are going to nearly every spot on the map. A few years ago I didn't know North Carolina or some spots of Virginia had a sizeable Hispanic population. Sadly, this influx was aided by the illegal alien invasion.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:16 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,287 times
Default illegals

i have a feeling you are all talking about the mexicans? how about the one's you dont see that are illegal,like the russians which i have living next to me and god only know what kind of business they are in.. i never see them leave for work.. and i know they are not legal they have out of state license plates.. you cant just think its only the ones you see hanging at the 7-eleven. they will do actuall work. i have a feeling the other ones are dealing drugs and the such....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration