U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2008, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Houston
148 posts, read 340,215 times
Reputation: 159

Advertisements

Is the illegal immigration invasion getting worse or better in your hometown in state? Please state where you from with your answer.

Lets find out the elected officials who are ignoring the will of the people and let our voices be heard that we all have had enough of illegal immigration destroying this country.

We should start a petition or an organization and get united on this issue and help get our country back.

If we all unite then we can win this issue. Lets start a website and start contacting our leaders.

Note: I am not interested in any sort of hate group. No racism or bigotry please. Let's stay professional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,053 posts, read 32,071,601 times
Reputation: 30508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus View Post
Is the illegal immigration invasion getting worse or better in your hometown in state? Please state where you from with your answer.

Lets find out the elected officials who are ignoring the will of the people and let our voices be heard that we all have had enough of illegal immigration destroying this country.

We should start a petition or an organization and get united on this issue and help get our country back.

If we all unite then we can win this issue. Lets start a website and start contacting our leaders.

Note: I am not interested in any sort of hate group. No racism or bigotry please. Let's stay professional.
The illegal alien invasion is worsening here in Virginia. I'm interested. I live in Alexandria but was raised in Hampton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2008, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Houston
148 posts, read 340,215 times
Reputation: 159
I live in Queens and will soon be moving to Houston. It is insane here. I get on the subway to go to work in the morning and I am practically drowning in illegals and their anchor babies. None of these kids speak english and a lot of them have a little Mexican or another Central American nation's flag on their backpacks. All on my tax dollars. Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
There are myriad anti-illegal immigration organizations across the country that do not espouse racism or hatred. They are at the forefront of this debate, and are instrumental in the defeat of amnesty-laden legislation. I’m not sure if posting links would violate the TOS of this site -– so I won’t. Just Google “anti illegal immigration organizations.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2008, 09:27 PM
 
59 posts, read 194,865 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus View Post
Is the illegal immigration invasion getting worse or better in your hometown in state? Please state where you from with your answer.

Lets find out the elected officials who are ignoring the will of the people and let our voices be heard that we all have had enough of illegal immigration destroying this country.

We should start a petition or an organization and get united on this issue and help get our country back.

If we all unite then we can win this issue. Lets start a website and start contacting our leaders.

Note: I am not interested in any sort of hate group. No racism or bigotry please. Let's stay professional.
I don't think the illegal immigration invasion is getting any better anyplace. Some places their are not to many to none, But it's not because they went back to Mexico we just have not been invaded yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2008, 09:48 PM
 
Location: OC, CA
3,309 posts, read 5,038,843 times
Reputation: 645
The BIG OC!!!!! Problem has been here for years. Our politicians are not ignoring the problem compared to politicians from around the country. OC has some of the best representation in senate and assembly to combat the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2008, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Bountiful, Utah
219 posts, read 378,949 times
Reputation: 71
I live just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah and everytime I go to Salt Lake it makes me sad how awful the neighborhoods look, the houses are run down, no grass, lots of cars. It didn't use to look so bad. It is getting worse here in Bountiful too. I cannot go anywhere without hearing LOUD conversations in Spanish and my husband being asked to interpret at almost every visit to K-Mart or Wal-Mart. It seems to me our Governer doesn't give a crap he has his sights on trying to green us all up here.
BTW, jpimus I was just thinking the other day how everything gets said over and over on here some may say it better and longer but we just keep saying the same things over and over. It is nice to see someone taking some action and REALLY wanting to do something. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, MO
148 posts, read 446,256 times
Reputation: 41
I always find this topic interesting and here's why:

How in the .... do you know who is in the US legally and who's not?

Do you know that there are canadian and british illegal immigrants?
Willamette Week | “He’s an... Illegal Eh-lien” | February 20th, 2008

In the same way,
I speak spanish to my kids everysingle day of the year and I'm an american citizen.
Does speaking spanish make me an illegal immigrant?

If you get pulled over by a cop, can you prove that you are an american citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Albany, GA (Hell's Waiting Room)
602 posts, read 1,738,277 times
Reputation: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo-11 View Post
I always find this topic interesting and here's why:

How in the .... do you know who is in the US legally and who's not?

Do you know that there are canadian and british illegal immigrants?
Willamette Week | “He’s an... Illegal Eh-lien” | February 20th, 2008

In the same way,
I speak spanish to my kids everysingle day of the year and I'm an american citizen.
Does speaking spanish make me an illegal immigrant?

If you get pulled over by a cop, can you prove that you are an american citizen?
OF COURSE speaking Spanish doesn't "make [you] an illegal immigrant". It's not about hating Latinos/Latinas or any other Spanish speakers. It's about protecting our country from the inevitable damage that a flood of illegals--and they could be illegal Chinese, illegal Greek, illegal SWEDISH--is causing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
Ahh the template for the illegal rant/borderline racist post:


1) First the content:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus View Post
Is the illegal immigration invasion getting worse or better in your hometown in state? Please state where you from with your answer.

Lets find out the elected officials who are ignoring the will of the people and let our voices be heard that we all have had enough of illegal immigration destroying this country.

We should start a petition or an organization and get united on this issue and help get our country back.

If we all unite then we can win this issue. Lets start a website and start contacting our leaders.
2) Then "no race/bigotry" disclaimer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus;
Note: I am not interested in any sort of hate group. No racism or bigotry please. Let's stay professional.
3) Finally, the reality of your post and its underlying discrimination of the group you so disclaimed against:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus
I live in Queens and will soon be moving to Houston. It is insane here. I get on the subway to go to work in the morning and I am practically drowning in illegals and their anchor babies. None of these kids speak english and a lot of them have a little Mexican or another Central American nation's flag on their backpacks. All on my tax dollars. Unbelievable
Good job following that template!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top