Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times

Advertisements

Is there anyway we can organize a petition on this site, or will that not be allowed. Its time to write our congressmen, spread the word, put an end to this junk.

Who do we speak to on this site concerning this? My name would be the first on that petition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 05:30 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Default Minuteman

The minutemen group seem to be the only ones who are trying to make a difference and look at the backlash they receive from our own citizens. Take up arms and the American flag and hit the border!!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:57 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Whats sad is and I HATE to say this, but the illegals know that most of the americans wont stand up and fight against them, it is being demonstrated everyday, give them services, keep them employed, offer Social Security make us learn spanish, until we find an effective way of protesting, the government will do nothing.
The sad part is the fact that this statement is completely true. We are incredibly apathetic to almost anything these days, especially if it isn't exactly PC to do so. The powers that be will forever bow down to the political sway of political correctness in fear of upset a couple people and possibly losing a few votes. While being shortsighted, they fail to see how damaging this is in the long term and they also fail to see the incredible support politically that they would recieve by taking a strong stance against illegal immigration. I'm waiting for the dark horse of 2008 who calls for tough border security and actual enforcement of our immigration laws...I have my fingers crossed...

Old 01-11-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
The minutemen group seem to be the only ones who are trying to make a difference and look at the backlash they receive from our own citizens. Take up arms and the American flag and hit the border!!!!
Yes, they get grilled a lot in the media, but they have an incredible amount of support from almost everyone other than the far left. I have to give this group respect for finally making this an issue that our govt can no longer ignore.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:15 PM

79 posts, read 286,013 times
aren't the minutemen some crazy militia? i really don't know what i am talking about here so please enlighten me

Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoninnyc View Post
aren't the minutemen some crazy militia? i really don't know what i am talking about here so please enlighten me
check it out.

http://www.minutemanhq.com/

Old 01-11-2007, 09:34 PM

332 posts, read 449,203 times
What's going to keep the borders open is people supporting the illegals and the government.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Border Patrol Agents Could Face A Federal Weapons Violations Charge:

Two Mexican municipal police officers testified today that Border Patrol agents crossed into Mexico with their weapons drawn while they were chasing a suspected drug smuggler, violating U.S. federal law. It all happened last Thursday when Border Patrol agents say they chased the suspected smuggler east of the Fabens Port of Entry. They then watched as the smuggler's pickup truck became stuck in the Rio Grande. Juarez police say the pickup truck was spotted in El Millon, a town east of Juarez. Mexican federal police say the Border Patrol agents could face charges of carrying illegal weapons into Mexico. Stay tuned to NewsChannel 9, both on-air and on-line, for the latest updates on this story.

Is there something wrong with this picture? It's ok with Mexico for their people to come here and commit, murder, rape, robbery and anything else they feel like doing...and this is how they treat our border agents.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:06 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
Know what your fighting..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Berets

http://www.brownberets.info/welcome/

Maybe we should come up with a White Baret.. I would say Rainbow but the Gay population has that cornered.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoninnyc View Post
They're simply volunteers that have gone to the border and watch for illegal crossing. They do this because they say the government isn't doing it and obviously we know that is true. They aren't allowed to arrest anyone, they contact the Border Patrol when they witness crossing. The Border Patrol has been quoted as saying that they were a big help in enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration