U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 PM
jco

2,120 posts, read 5,860,936 times

Advertisements

Finally, someone writes about this! My first year teaching was at a school where at least 2/3 of the school was illegal alien high school students. Trying to teach an English class there was a joke, but for those who were able to write, when we came to persuasive essays I was inundated with essays about how Americans stole their land and they want to wage war to get it back. They were full of hate, and it was pretty scary! These kids were terrible to their other teachers who weren't Hispanic and didn't have Hispanic family members.

I'll never forget one girl who wrote one such paper. She had a baby as a Freshman, and she sent her child to government paid daycare so that she could go to school. She bought food with her food stamps. She lived in government paid housing. Her family received a welfare check from the government. Her college was going to be paid for by the government. AND SHE WAS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN. When I asked her why she hated the country that paid for everything, she told me that we owed it to her for stealing her land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 PM

28 posts, read 50,879 times
Sigh...Ok first off everyone is going to have a difference of opinion on this. Think back to history lessons in school. WHO came to America??? Who took over America??? I know! It was those who were running from religious persecution. The fact we learn Spanish shouldn't make anyone upset. There is nothing wrong with learning new languages. We as a country do not have a set language..so that can't be argued about unless we as a country make a change and have one set. Even then what does it matter. Just learn sign language, and the world would be quieter. Our borders...well I don't see anything wrong with people coming in. Yes i'm 23 and to some would be called young and stupid. I dislike the government, I do not believe they ever cared about the people who live in this country and they probably never will. We as a people do not own this land. No one can truly own the land. Yes after reading all of the posts I know that it was said "we stole their land". How am I supposed to know this? What are we taught..nothing. There is nothing wrong with having kids on welfare. I have a friend and for the sake of the discussion she is american born and raised, she has three kids and is paid for by the federal government. If you talk about one race, you might as well talk about ALL of them. The world can't get along because all people don't know how to coexist.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:45 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Sigh...Ok first off everyone is going to have a difference of opinion on this. Think back to history lessons in school. WHO came to America??? Who took over America??? I know! It was those who were running from religious persecution. The fact we learn Spanish shouldn't make anyone upset. There is nothing wrong with learning new languages. We as a country do not have a set language..so that can't be argued about unless we as a country make a change and have one set. Even then what does it matter. Just learn sign language, and the world would be quieter. Our borders...well I don't see anything wrong with people coming in. Yes i'm 23 and to some would be called young and stupid. I dislike the government, I do not believe they ever cared about the people who live in this country and they probably never will. We as a people do not own this land. No one can truly own the land. Yes after reading all of the posts I know that it was said "we stole their land". How am I supposed to know this? What are we taught..nothing. There is nothing wrong with having kids on welfare. I have a friend and for the sake of the discussion she is american born and raised, she has three kids and is paid for by the federal government. If you talk about one race, you might as well talk about ALL of them. The world can't get along because all people don't know how to coexist.

Former Colorado Governor, Richard Lamm on speaks on "How to Destroy America."

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: First to destroy America, "Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans.

Lamm went on. "Second, to destroy America, invent 'multiculturalism and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic drop out rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds."

See the rest of the article here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/lamm.asp

Bi-lingualism and multiculturalism helped to snuff out the Roman empire. Even an eighth grade history student can figure out the similarities between present day United States and the Roman Empire in its waning days.

Another thing, No one in this country is "entitled" to anything, including welfare. My parents and grandparents (who legally immigrated) worked hard for every little thing they ever had. This attitude of entitlement makes me want to hurl as does that "no one truly owns the land" crap.

The United States of America is a sovereign nation of laws. Either everyone follows the law or no one does and we descend into anarchy. The laws were not written to apply only to a segment of the population. Want to immigrate to the U.S.? Fine, I've got no problem with that. It's a great country despite our government's attempts to make it otherwise. Just do it legally. Lawbreakers should not be rewarded.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:55 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,102,442 times
And it will happen cause the average joe is way too concerned bout his SUV and his golf match next Saturday...say goodbye now, cause the gun laws are going to change dratsically here, and more people will now not think of the big picture here and will go along with it, just like they do with cameras on every corner in your neighborhood...people can't see what has happened here...and for that price, we will pay dearly, move now while you can, get out of congested places, move somewhere safe while you still can.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:43 PM

238 posts, read 161,172 times
I agree with the original poster. I feel that we MUST stand up and united against our country being invaded, or in 20 years the United States will be no more. We will be North Mexico, with the same society--10 percent owning the vast majority of the nation's wealth and the rest going hungry and struggling hand to mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or