U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:28 AM

15,180 posts, read 9,014,544 times
Default Immigration's Racial Violence Spreading Across America

This is precisely the problem I have attempted to highlight; and have been accused of inciting racial tension and focusing on a “non-issue.”
Quote:
”As a Latino raised in East Los Angeles, and as the elected sheriff of Los Angeles County for the last decade, I have seen many sides of the race issue. I have lived it, in fact.

”So let me be very clear about one thing: We have a serious interracial violence problem in this county involving blacks and Latinos.
[moderator cut: copyright]

Frosty Wooldridge -- Immigration's Racial Violence Spreading Across America

Last edited by madicarus2000; 06-19-2008 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:35 AM

21,157 posts, read 24,241,867 times
With all due respect to Benicar's post: the word culture tends to play just as big, if not a bigger role than 'race'.

Look at what the Irish; Protestants and Catholics, were doing to one another 20 years in Northern Ireland. Damned if I can tell 'em apart 'racially speaking'.

Another would be the Shiite/Sunni Arab mess in the Middle East.

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:49 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,416,515 times
[LEFT]
Quote:
In an op-ed in the Los Angeles Times, June 12, 2008, “In L.A., race kills,” Sheriff Lee Baca wrote a disturbing piece concerning black on brown racially motivated killings.
* More than half of all new U S Federal Crimes Are Committed by Illegal Aliens, Syracuse University TRAC Says
* 17% of Population Commits 57% of Serious Crimes; Rate nearly Four Times Higher than for U S Citizens

Baca said, “Conversations about race are fraught with emotion, confusion and controversy. But that doesn't mean we should avoid or sidestep the issue.
You would notice that sheriff Baca didn't write anything of that sort in his article and wasn't even talking about illegal immigrants in that article, but off course frosty has his own agenda and will present misinformation to back it up.

In LA, Race Kills -- by Sheriff Lee Baca ... LA Community Policing

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With all due respect to Benicar's post: the word culture tends to play just as big, if not a bigger role than 'race'.

Look at what the Irish; Protestants and Catholics, were doing to one another 20 years in Northern Ireland. Damned if I can tell 'em apart 'racially speaking'.

Another would be the Shiite/Sunni Arab mess in the Middle East.
Agreed.

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is precisely the problem I have attempted to highlight; and have been accused of inciting racial tension and focusing on a “non-issue.”

Frosty Wooldridge -- Immigration's Racial Violence Spreading Across America
So what does it have to do with illegal immigration? If you claim the problem is a race based problem then what does immigration status have to do with it?

Unread 06-19-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
[LEFT]

You would notice that sheriff Baca didn't write anything of that sort in his article and wasn't even talking about illegal immigrants in that article, but off course frosty has his own agenda and will present misinformation to back it up.

In LA, Race Kills -- by Sheriff Lee Baca ... LA Community Policing
Deny if you choose; the truth remains -- massive illegal immigration IS a “factor.” Furthermore, these are in fact his quotes; as evidenced by the info provided from your posted link.

Unread 06-19-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Deny if you choose; the truth remains -- massive illegal immigration IS a “factor.” Furthermore, these are in fact his quotes; as evidenced by the info provided from your posted link.
I posted the link to sheriff's baca's article and he didn't say a word about immigration or illegal immigration. If i missed it, please prove me wrong.

Unread 06-19-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
So what does it have to do with illegal immigration? If you claim the problem is a race based problem then what does immigration status have to do with it?
Immigration “status” per se, is irrelevant. What is relevant is the massive number of illegal alien ‘Hispanics’ with a propensity for hatred of blacks. This particular problem, albeit a reality in the past, did not reach this level of severity prior to the invasion.

Unread 06-19-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I posted the link to sheriff's baca's article and he didn't say a word about immigration or illegal immigration. If i missed it, please prove me wrong.
Have you ever heard of “causal factors?” It was not necessary for the sheriff to 'specifically' mention illegal immigration -- it is tacitly understood. Eliminate the massive illegal alien component, and much of the problem is resolved.

Unread 06-19-2008, 09:31 AM

7,722 posts, read 8,880,504 times
In Long Beach 1996 I watched Black People kill Whites with baseball bats outside a nightclub, I watched Skinheads harass black women at supermarkets.

Anyone remember the 1992 Riots?

Los Angeles riots of 1992 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many recall the Reginald Denny beating, but there was another one too:

Quote:
Fidel Lopez beating
At the same intersection, just minutes after Denny was rescued, another beating was captured on video tape. Fidel Lopez, a self-employed construction worker and Guatemalan immigrant, was ripped from his truck and robbed of nearly $2,000. Damian Williams smashed his forehead open with a car stereo[9] as another rioter attempted to slice his ear off. After Lopez lost consciousness, the crowd spray painted his chest, torso and genitals black.[10] Lopez survived the attack, after extensive surgery to reattach his partially severed ear and months of recovery. An unknown black minister prevented others from beating Fidel and was instrumental in helping Fidel get medical aid when he took him to the hospital.
L.A. has always been in a racial war. Even though the title of this thread is "Spreading across America" How many other cities have this type of hate crime?

L.A.'s police refuse to come into the war zones for fear, and have lost that city.

L.A. Sucks.

It is true that many from SOB that have come here, have added to this war...but I am getting real tired of people saying Mexicans HATE Black people in general. Ghetto Turf wars almost always are divided by race in America, why are Mexicans being branded as Black haters across the US for something that happens in L.A.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration