U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
 
Location: US
3,072 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Reputation: 1620

Advertisements

Reading this thread with great interest. Why would you put that payback's are a ****** (referring to Americans?) and then say "go Obama" immediately thereafter? What does Obama have to do with paybacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
Payback's a *****! LOL. GO OBAMA!

 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
Payback's a *****! LOL. GO OBAMA!
FYI:

If Obama gets elected (which he may); he will be beholden to the Black community.......and, more and more AA's are becoming more anti illegal immigrant as we speak-----which may leave the putative pro illegal Hispanics in the lurch.
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:13 PM
 
1,487 posts, read 1,989,494 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Nothing at all, since they are AMERICAN CITIZENS from birth. But this proves the point I have tried to make in other posts, once a person speaks Spanish, one is LABELLED! And we do have about 18 countries that are Spanish-Speaking, with the right to come to this country legally.
I think we need some updated terms. The word "Hispanic" has taken on a meaning that really is not part of the word. For example an Argentine of German descent or a Uruguayan of English heritage speak Spanish as their first language but are mislabeled "Hispanic". The correct word in Spanish would be "hispanoparlante" or " a person whose first language is Spanish." Similarly the word "Latino" leaves out the Italians and the French. So we are using these terms to mean and rep`resent things they don't yet we don't really define the terms. They have also become derogatory terms so we need to fix that. We need to be the first Anglo speaking country to institute periodic language reforms like other languages do so that we can, linguistically, keep in step with our own progress. Just a thought.
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:16 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
It's funny, I'm sure you were not scared by all the millions of immigrants who came from Europe. But 10 or 12 million latinos, legal or illegal, out of over 300 million has you scared. What should scare you is an alliance by all Americans of color(including Native Americans this country was stolen from). Then you can high-tail it back to Europe(or where ever your people came from) and be at peace! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!
You've hit it on the head, I'm afraid. It's the secret nightmare of just about every American that someday, that great monolithic racial/ cultural/ ethnic group known as "People of Color" will rise up and claim what's theirs. THe "POC's", should they ever get over their internal 'squabbles', settle on a language, and clear up a few religious disagreements, would quickly overwhelm the "colorless", sending 'whitey' packing, and bringing a new renaissance of peace, prosperity, and brotherhood to the US, just like they've done in the rest of the world.

I plan to begin Monday, enrolling in as many "POC Language" courses as I can, so that MAYBE I won't be the first to be sacrificed. Maybe I'll read some POC literature, too....and perhaps learn a little POC culture. Can't hurt.

By the way, you're WRONG about the European immigrants. I remember watching them stumble ashore, "flipping off" the Statue of Liberty, and quite frankly, I was terrified. They talked funny, and a lot of them acted weird..They were white, granted....but even THAT important fact didn't take away from the fear I remember feeling...."Man, what are we getting ourselves INTO ?" were my thoughts.

Last edited by macmeal; 07-05-2008 at 03:26 PM..
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Wicker Park, Chicago
187 posts, read 468,819 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Reading this thread with great interest. Why would you put that payback's are a ****** (referring to Americans?) and then say "go Obama" immediately thereafter? What does Obama have to do with paybacks?

I was joking about the rise of Americans(and foreigners) of color in the U.S. BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! LOL! It won't be long before european descendants are the minority. LOL! What goes around comes around. LOL!
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:33 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
I was joking about the rise of Americans(and foreigners) of color in the U.S. BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! LOL! It won't be long before european descendants are the minority. LOL! What goes around comes around. LOL!
It's not your COLOR so many of us are afraid of (LOL) it's that tremendous gift of communication (LOL) and the way you can put words together (ha ha ha).... THAT is what's got european descendants AFRAID...VERY AFRAID (LOL) because THEY no that U R right (LOL) and THEY R Wrong (LOL)
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Wicker Park, Chicago
187 posts, read 468,819 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You've hit it on the head, I'm afraid. It's the secret nightmare of just about every American that someday, that great monolithic racial/ cultural/ ethnic group known as "People of Color" will rise up and claim what's theirs. THe "POC's", should they ever get over their internal 'squabbles', would quickly overwhelm the "colorless", bringing a new renaissance of peace, prosperity, and brotherhood to the US, just like they've done in the rest of the world.

I plan to begin Monday, enrolling in as many "POC Language" courses as I can, so that MAYBE I won't be the first to be sacrificed. Maybe I'll read some POC literature, too....and perhaps learn a little POC culture. Can't hurt.

By the way, you're WRONG about the European immigrants. I remember watching them stumble ashore, and quite frankly, I was terrified. They talked funny, and a lot of them acted weird..They were white, granted....but even THAT didn't take away from the fear I remember...."Man, what are we getting ourselves INTO ?" were my thoughts.
Reguarding your final thoughts on European immigrants, let me guess, your a white male. How typical. Racism, Sexism, Classism! Have I left anything out! All motivated by FEAR! It's sad and shameful. Imho! White males, always motivated by an inferiority complex. Conquer(demoralize, enslave, beatdown, kill) others before everyone realizes we're not all that. LOL. Screw morals, values or principals. I guess if it ain't broke, why fix it! Right? LOL!
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:46 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
Reguarding your final thoughts on European immigrants, let me guess, your a white male. How typical. Racism, Sexism, Classism! Have I left anything out! All motivated by FEAR LOL!
Well, you left out a question mark, and you misspelled "you're". But OK, that's not important...have you left anything out in your appraisal of white males? I don't know...I've only actually met a very small percentage of them...but you did make a few valid points, yes..Racism, Classism, Sexism...so far, so good. Also smugness, a fondness for Budweiser, a propensity for using road signs as targets for bullets...frequent use of "the N word".....a belief in 'blowing things up' if they don't serve our purposes....a vocabulary of 26 words....a library consisting of back issues of 'Motor Trend' magazine....a fondness for calling females in positions of authority "babe"....a distrust of foreign things, particularly "eye"-talian foods...and an inability to pronounce the word 'nuclear'...

I'm sure you can think of a few more, but those are a FEW of the things you left out...
 
Old 07-05-2008, 03:56 PM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Reputation: 8519
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
It's funny, I'm sure you were not scared by all the millions of immigrants who came from Europe. But 10 or 12 million latinos, legal or illegal, out of over 300 million has you scared. What should scare you is an alliance by all Americans of color(including Native Americans this country was stolen from). Then you can high-tail it back to Europe(or where ever your people came from) and be at peace! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

Are you a real-life person who entertains such thoughts on your own, or are you playing a character on the internet?


Seriously, some people haven't got a damn clue.
 
Old 07-05-2008, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Are you a real-life person who entertains such thoughts on your own, or are you playing a character on the internet?


Seriously, some people haven't got a damn clue.
What a great response to a ridiculous post!!

Rep points coming your way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top