U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-05-2009, 07:42 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455

Advertisements

no laziness and bad attitude are taking over america, the mexican people are here filling in the gaping hole left. soldiers and cops used to be holman kolazinski and smith, now its gomez, hernandez and lopez.

 
Old 05-05-2009, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no laziness and bad attitude are taking over america, the mexican people are here filling in the gaping hole left. soldiers and cops used to be holman kolazinski and smith, now its gomez, hernandez and lopez.
Typically: the military does indeed get its recruits from areas where there are fewer opportunities for young people (inner cities, Small Town America, etc).

Police work: 'Anglos' are still a larger percentage vs. their representation of the US population as a whole.
 
Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
I think a thousand years from now we will all be a reddish-brown due to cross breeding except for the extremely wealthy capable of paying for gene selected births. I'm very ok with that but I wonder if we will have a Country at that time or just one giant, messy planet filled with over-population with not enough resources to let any one person live a decent life.
 
Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 AM
 
Location: South FL
5,412 posts, read 6,213,551 times
Reputation: 3442
If the US Government keeps allowing illegal aliens and white-americans don't do anything then yea.
 
Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 AM
 
4,271 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Typically: the military does indeed get its recruits from areas where there are fewer opportunities for young people (inner cities, Small Town America, etc).

Police work: 'Anglos' are still a larger percentage vs. their representation of the US population as a whole.
Arizona's right. The army is all-volunteer, but there is an "economic conscription" that's there.
 
Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
 
4,271 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1551
Ryder, there are also illegals who come from El Salvador, Guatemala, etc. - Therefore one should only apply "Mexican" if you know, for certain, that the person is a Mexican national. In some places almost all of the illegals are Mexican citizens. In others illegals come from various countries.

And don't forget the parts of the northeast where Mexican nationals are not common; instead many Hispanics are Puerto Rican (all U.S. citizens) and Dominican. Also in Florida Hispanics of all nationalities are common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I love it when people want to say Mexican but think it's more PC to say Hispanic.

OK Folks, an illegal alien from Mexico is a Mexican national so it's PC as heck to call them Mexicans. Mexicans are both Latino and Hispanic but all Latinos are not Mexican and all Hispanics are not Latino. Calling a US born Latino a Mexican is also a mistake because they are US citizens.
Technically all Mexicans would be "Hispanic" since they are of a Hispanic cultural background. Their racial backgrounds are diverse, as there are White, Native American, African, and Asian background.

Quote:
Though the vast majority of Mexicans are in deed Hispanic, less than about 1/4 of the Hispanics in the world are Mexican. It may come as a surprise but less than half the Hispanics in the world are either Latino or Mexican!
A huge percentage of the Latinos are blonde and blue-eyed. They look.....like me.
 
Old 05-06-2009, 04:05 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Ryder, there are also illegals who come from El Salvador, Guatemala, etc. - Therefore one should only apply "Mexican" if you know, for certain, that the person is a Mexican national. In some places almost all of the illegals are Mexican citizens. In others illegals come from various countries.

And don't forget the parts of the northeast where Mexican nationals are not common; instead many Hispanics are Puerto Rican (all U.S. citizens) and Dominican. Also in Florida Hispanics of all nationalities are common.

Technically all Mexicans would be "Hispanic" since they are of a Hispanic cultural background. Their racial backgrounds are diverse, as there are White, Native American, African, and Asian background.
I think the "hispanic" label is actually kind of stupid. Almost as stupid as the "anglo" label applied to anyone who isn't "hispanic".

For example Mexico and Argentina are very different countries with very different histories so why would people be lumped together that way. Cultural backgrounds can be very different as in parts of Mexico, the culture is native-Mexican. Someone can grow up with Mayan traditions or Mixteca traditions and not relate at all to someone from Cuba or Puerto Rico which are Carribean Island traditions or someone else living in the USA with American traditions and culture.

It's not language because not all "hispanics" are Spanish speaking, there are some in the USA who speak English. It's not race because "hispanic" can include full-blooded Mayan Indians, pure black, pure white, Asian and every mix possible. Hispanics might be Spanish speaking -- but you almost never meet someone from Spain who wants to be referred to as a hispanic.
 
Old 05-06-2009, 05:21 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 49,557,510 times
Reputation: 24548
The United States of America will change its demographics, economics and politics but it will remain the United States of America and Republic with freedom and opportunity for all.
 
Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the "hispanic" label is actually kind of stupid. Almost as stupid as the "anglo" label applied to anyone who isn't "hispanic".

For example Mexico and Argentina are very different countries with very different histories so why would people be lumped together that way. Cultural backgrounds can be very different as in parts of Mexico, the culture is native-Mexican. Someone can grow up with Mayan traditions or Mixteca traditions and not relate at all to someone from Cuba or Puerto Rico which are Carribean Island traditions or someone else living in the USA with American traditions and culture.

It's not language because not all "hispanics" are Spanish speaking, there are some in the USA who speak English. It's not race because "hispanic" can include full-blooded Mayan Indians, pure black, pure white, Asian and every mix possible. Hispanics might be Spanish speaking -- but you almost never meet someone from Spain who wants to be referred to as a hispanic.
'Hispanic/Latino' are nothing more than political labels. Although, in practice, the terms usually refer to Spanish speaking Mestizos-----------quite a few White 'Hispanics' self identify as simply White.
 
Old 05-06-2009, 07:16 AM
 
4,271 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1551
The U.S. Census goes around this by making the Latino label separate from the Black/White/Native American/Asian/Other/etc labels. I prefer this concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
'Hispanic/Latino' are nothing more than political labels. Although, in practice, the terms usually refer to Spanish speaking Mestizos-----------quite a few White 'Hispanics' self identify as simply White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top