U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:30 AM

2,502 posts, read 7,883,333 times

Advertisements

Hating Hispanics is prejudice.

Hating illegal immigration is NOT prejudice.

There's a difference.

That said, I think government is starting to realize just how high the numbers are. They're going to have to do something about it eventually, because I have a feeling that Americans won't stand for it for much longer. The influx of uneducated immigrants who can't speak English is making poverty levels skyrocket and is putting a strain on the infrastructure and economy.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:32 AM

15,404 posts, read 24,375,629 times
Wow, so you take one incident of from the POOR INNER CITY and then act like and actually convince yourself that ONE incident will start to occur all across America?!? Poverty and bad education caused that situation to happen more so than anything else. And poverty, lack of education, and socioeconomic differences is what REALLY separates us more so than anything else. Fix those problems then it won't matter what race people are to others.

And then you continue to make a bunch of assumptions based off of nothing besides your own personal opinion. And you think they will secede from the US. Based off of what??? New Mexico has been a hispanic majority for a while and they're still with us.

Please go look up the word XENOPHOBE!

Seriously, please get a grip! What are you like 16 years old? Also there is an immigration forum for this nonsense.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:25 AM

595 posts, read 2,485,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Wow, so you take one incident of from the POOR INNER CITY and then act like and actually convince yourself that ONE incident will start to occur all across America?!? Poverty and bad education caused that situation to happen more so than anything else. And poverty, lack of education, and socioeconomic differences is what REALLY separates us more so than anything else. Fix those problems then it won't matter what race people are to others.

And then you continue to make a bunch of assumptions based off of nothing besides your own personal opinion. And you think they will secede from the US. Based off of what??? New Mexico has been a hispanic majority for a while and they're still with us.

Please go look up the word XENOPHOBE!

Seriously, please get a grip! What are you like 16 years old? Also there is an immigration forum for this nonsense.
OK, I'm not trying to insult you, but these people actually do think that someday, they will take over the western United States. Just look up Aztlan. Also, on a youtube video, there were some crazy people in LA at one of their stupid rallies holding up a sign reading 'THIS IS OUR CONTINENT, NOT YOURS!" Notice the word continent. So basically, these illegals are no longer just interested in the Southwest, but they want Canada and Alaska, too! It is unbelievable.

I'm not saying its going to happen, it's just that these people can actually come to a country illegally, supposedly looking for a "better life" and then shove these signs in our faces, knowing we can't do anythign about it, because it is, after all, freedom of speech.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 AM

15,404 posts, read 24,375,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
OK, I'm not trying to insult you, but these people actually do think that someday, they will take over the western United States. Just look up Aztlan. Also, on a youtube video, there were some crazy people in LA at one of their stupid rallies holding up a sign reading 'THIS IS OUR CONTINENT, NOT YOURS!" Notice the word continent. So basically, these illegals are no longer just interested in the Southwest, but they want Canada and Alaska, too! It is unbelievable.

I'm not saying its going to happen, it's just that these people can actually come to a country illegally, supposedly looking for a "better life" and then shove these signs in our faces, knowing we can't do anythign about it, because it is, after all, freedom of speech.
Big deal, there is also a contingent of Native Hawaiians that are calling for bringing back the Hawaiian Monarchy and have actually set up their own little govt at the Royal Palace with their own judicial system and even use their own license plates. There are always little extremists groups here and there calling for succession or for their land back or some BS like that. None of it to be taken seriously.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 AM

340 posts, read 821,233 times
[quote=illinoisboy;4172637]OK, I'm not trying to insult you, but these people actually do think that someday, they will take over the western United States. Just look up Aztlan. Also, on a youtube video, there were some crazy people in LA at one of their stupid rallies holding up a sign reading 'THIS IS OUR CONTINENT, NOT YOURS!" Notice the word continent. So basically, these illegals are no longer just interested in the Southwest, but they want Canada and Alaska, too! It is unbelievable.

Oooohhh, come on. Any idiot can post anything on youtube. Just because there was one guy holding a sign you conclude all the other millions of "Hispanics" in the US are taking part of this "conspiracy".

Now I have to admit I have never been to California or to the most part of the southwest and I have never lived in a state that had a huge problem with ilegals, but I can understand why so many people are frustated.

If you are tired of the "ilegal mexicans" you can move to the midwest. Michigan is the perfect case study on how to curb ilegal immigration. A collapsing economy, 8.5% Unemployment rate, we are in out 8th consecutive year of job loses, as a result the "ilegal mexicans" stopped coming here years ago! Now if we can make the rest of the US look like Michigan we might solve the ilegal immigration problem.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:07 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
I know at first blush this post sounds very ignorant and bigoted. It was not presented well, but the OP has a point. Since the vast majority of illegal aliens are Mexican citizens it is a valid discussion.

If you've been on the ground and witnessed this you will know what I mean. We are not talking about a few thousand here and there. We are talking about millions and millions.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:05 PM

340 posts, read 821,233 times
[SIZE=2]The problem I have with the original post is that it starts as a rant against Hispanics, then it dares to equate Hispanics = Ilegal mexicans and on top of that treats Hispanics as a "race".
You need to understand that the US have 50 states and the situation in California does not reflect the country. In my neighborhood we have families from Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Puerto Rico etc. All of them hispanics, none of them mexicans and the most important NONE of them ilegal. Most Hispanics in this country do not walk around waving flags in peoples faces, they just want to live their life like everyone else.

And for the record I have absolutely nothing against mexicans. I have been in Mexico several times and they are wonderful people (I even dated a cute mexican guy back in college).
[/SIZE]

Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 PM

214 posts, read 969,966 times
I cant believe some people here dont take this seriously they are a threat to natioal security. I live in southern california so I know whats going on. They dont respect this country and what it stands for. Thousands of americans die yearly as a result of illegal immigrants not just here but in there countries too. 80% of children born in this country are immigrant children. To actually debate if the border should stay open or not is so stupid. I have posted about this before see "Lets hear it for sheriff joe" thread in phoenix forum and see for yourself.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:35 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,942,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam721 View Post
They dont respect this country and what it stands for.
Correction: SOME dont. Some do. The ones that dont respect this country, I despise and will give a few choice words, too. The ones that do respect this country are welcome to be my neighbors anytime they choose.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:58 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,222,191 times
Uh ohs, all them thar hispanish speakin folk took er jerbs!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or