U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newintown View Post
Sir or Madam mdonaldson, I really hope your message was some kind of ill tasted joke; otherwise I really think you are an extremely ignorant person, who needs to learn the history of his own country and the history of those he is criticising .As an American, not "Hispanic" (just in case you think that I am defending my people, in which case I could care less) your statement explains why for centuries we human beings have been killing each other for ignorance. HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE!!!!!
Your ancestors (assuming you might be from European(s) origin(s), had the same thinking process;, consequently eradicated MOST Native Indians in order to make sure they could not populate their own land, allowing the Pilgrims to claim it for themselves.
I can understand that illegal immigration might bothers you, but please do not generalize who is most likely to be an illegal, and furthermore claiming that a stupid idea based on racism=fear will take over our country ahahahah! I am laughing of sadness.
Education=information=sound judgement
Educate yourself before you make crazy statements, and please have no fear no specific "ethnic or racial "group is planning to take over America, it already has been done, just visit an Indian reservation.... just chill...

BTW, I am a native Indian
And newer groups of American Indians subjugated the previous nations/tribes so it was not just a Euro White thing.

Besides: all human beings can trace their DNA to E Africa 60K years ago----------so that makes all people in the New World 'immigrants'

Old 08-01-2009, 01:03 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,277,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americaloveitorlveit View Post
It angers me when people say we were all immigrants at one time, like that is an excuse for what is going on in this country now. The people that immigrated to our country years ago, came here legally, and they were welcomed. What I see is illegals from all different countries coming here and trying to change our cities and towns into where they came from.
We should have never changed America to accommodate non Americans so they would feel more at home. If you don't like our American ways, go back to where you came from!
Welcomed? The Italians and Irish were not treated very nicely by the U.S. population. I recall from my history books looking at some cartoons from old newspapers in which they depicted the Irish as monkeys and other articles would say that they were filling their prisons (so they were seen as people that raised crime). Other businesses posted signs that read "No Irish need apply". Also, the U.S. began restricting immigration in 1921 and 1924 because of the fear of Italians and other southern and eastern Europeans, so they weren't as welcoming as you claim.

Anyway, what this shows us is that people are simply xenophobic, they see a different culture with a different religion and they're afraid which leads to hatred (like what happened with the Italians and Irish of the past). However, like I mentioned on another thread it's not only in the U.S. in Italy for example, racism against Romanian immigrants has been increasing because they blame them for the rising crime.

Last edited by Canaan-84; 08-01-2009 at 01:17 AM..

Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Welcomed? The Italians and Irish were not treated very nicely by the U.S. population. I recall from my history books looking at some cartoons from old newspapers in which they depicted the Irish as monkeys and other articles would say that they were filling their prisons (so they were seen as people that raised crime). Other businesses posted signs that read "No Irish need apply". Also, the U.S. began restricting immigration in 1921 and 1924 because of the fear of Italians and other southern and eastern Europeans, so they weren't as welcoming as you claim.

Anyway, what this shows us is that people are simply xenophobic, they see a different culture with a different religion and they're afraid which leads to hatred (like what happened with the Italians and Irish of the past). However, like I mentioned on another thread it's not only in the U.S. in Italy for example, racism against Romanian immigrants has been increasing because they blame them for the rising crime.
And today the mostly Mestizo ethno-centrists refer to Sheriff Joe Arpaio as being part of the KKK-----------never mind not so long ago most people of Italian heritage were in possible danger from the Klan.

Amazing how things change in 2-3 generations.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 AM

14,807 posts, read 18,805,928 times
Better start learning Spanish if you don't want to end up working as a cleaning lady in a hotel HDP

Old 08-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Better start learning Spanish if you don't want to end up working as a cleaning lady in a hotel HDP
With the growing numbers of illegals being forced out of the USA; I am not that concerned.

Now: if I were Mexico; I would encourage its citizens to learn English since the odds are growing that we (the USA) will wind up with at least the northern tier of Mx's states due to various problems there.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Really! If a neurosurgeon does not know spanish and is not interested in learning, he is going to end up working on a cleaning crew in a hotel? That may cause a slight problem for you and your group because only 4% of the MDs in the US are hispanic and I sincerely doubt that a majority of the non-hispanic MDs speak The Language. Who is going to take care of your ever pregnant latinas? Anesthesia? Nope! Sorry, nobody here who speaks spanish. What are you going to do when a substation goes out and plunges the entire city into darkness and there is no spanish speaking repair crew? Looks like you will be sitting in the dark for a while. Maybe a year or so.
Good luck forcing people to learn your language.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With the growing numbers of illegals being forced out of the USA; I am not that concerned.

Now: if I were Mexico; I would encourage its citizens to learn English since the odds are growing that we (the USA) will wind up with at least the northern tier of Mx's states due to various problems there.
Don't forget that a lot of illegals are already leaving on their own. The economy and lack of jobs is making them leave. Perhaps they'll have better luck in the cities of Mexico some of which are already quite developed; not sure why they didn't try their luck there first before coming here?

Also, I highly doubt the northern part of Mexico would become part of the U.S.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
And newer groups of American Indians subjugated the previous nations/tribes so it was not just a Euro White thing.

Besides: all human beings can trace their DNA to E Africa 60K years ago----------so that makes all people in the New World 'immigrants'
That doesn't make it any less worse. They were technically the more advanced society and yet they used the same primitive thinking as their victims. Anyway, I'm surprised you believe we all came from Africa considering your profile says you are 100% white.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
That doesn't make it any less worse. They were technically the more advanced society and yet they used the same primitive thinking as their victims. Anyway, I'm surprised you believe we all came from Africa considering your profile says you are 100% white.
I am 100% 'White' in the sense that I have no 'known' recent sub Saharan Negro/Black DNA---------which does not negate my statement by any means

Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I am 100% 'White' in the sense that I have no 'known' recent sub Saharan Negro/Black DNA---------which does not negate my statement by any means
How far back can that test go? It sounds interesting though when I googled it all I found was paternity DNA tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or