U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-27-2009, 04:46 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244

Advertisements

what is happening (limitedly) in europe, WILL NOT happen here. there was a paranoid thread last year or some time back warning US citizens about what was happening in the UK. that wont happen here.

as for the "deeper" multiculturalism, it will work as long as we provide equal rights for all people. but we have a problem doing that amongst ourselves (i.e gay issues). it will work, but it just takes time. it takes adaptation.

we will not turn into sharia or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'm not fearful, either..as long as it's respectful. That's a big order, though. What happens when it gets DISRESPECTFUL?

Let's hope it goes well. Recall the current situation in Europe, in which millions of recently-arrived Muslims from 'points East' have settled into European cities, who have NO desire to 'become' European, have NO desire to adapt European 'ways', NO interest in European culture, and NO interest in the European values of human rights, women's rights, or religious tolerance....and many of them are openly CONTEMPTUOUS of Europeans, and are all too willing to say so, openly and 'in your face'...up to and including gleeful predictions of the "demise of Europe, within OUR LIFETIME".

You may ask "why do these Muslims feel this way, and if they do, why did they move to Europe"? And you may ask "Why do these Europeans put up with this hostility, ingratitude, hate, and disrespect from 'outsiders' "....and I would have to tell you, "I don't know....but it SURE doesn't sound like any sort of society I'D want to have happen, here in the USA".

'Multiculturalism' on the level of food, art, or music is FINE. At a deeper level..multiculturalism on the level of morals, values, principles, etc, probably won't work. SO FAR, in the US, our multiculturalism is at a pretty superficial level. If it remains there...fine. If it goes DEEPER....watch out!

"Respect", you say....OK, fine. Respect by WHOM..toward WHAT? How about if the respect isn't returned? How does one even DEFINE respect, in the absence of a common understanding of the term?
For gangbangers and criminals "respect" is simply another term for "fear" or "intimidation". Hopefully that isn't the way MOST of us see 'respect'...but it's an example of how different groups see things from a different angle.

 
Old 08-27-2009, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what is happening (limitedly) in europe, WILL NOT happen here. there was a paranoid thread last year or some time back warning US citizens about what was happening in the UK. that wont happen here.

as for the "deeper" multiculturalism, it will work as long as we provide equal rights for all people. but we have a problem doing that amongst ourselves (i.e gay issues). it will work, but it just takes time. it takes adaptation.

we will not turn into sharia or anything like that.
Provided that the (legal) immigrants adapt to life here in the USA-------illegals simply need to leave, period.
 
Old 08-27-2009, 07:06 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what is happening (limitedly) in europe, WILL NOT happen here. there was a paranoid thread last year or some time back warning US citizens about what was happening in the UK. that wont happen here.

as for the "deeper" multiculturalism, it will work as long as we provide equal rights for all people. but we have a problem doing that amongst ourselves (i.e gay issues). it will work, but it just takes time. it takes adaptation.

we will not turn into sharia or anything like that.
OK...I'll take your word for it..for now. But you have to understand, I still don't like the 'looks' of this 'Hispanic' thing, as it's being presented to us. I'm sitting here right now, with my teenager's High School registration form in my lap as I type. (Our family, as you know, is 'white/ American Indian...the Indians being 'Spanish speaking native Americans).

I'm looking at the form. There's a whole section on 'ethnicity', asking "What is your child's ethnicity"? There are TWO choices..period. They are "Hispanic or Latino"....and "NOT Hispanic or Latino"...and that's it...you're either Hispanic...or you're 'out', I guess.

The FOLLOWING section is about "race". Here it emphasizes that this is SEPARATE from the above section. HERE, there are EIGHTEEN categories...FIFTEEN varieties of "Asian"...plus three other 'races'...Black, White, and American Indian. Apparently Asians are a 'finely divided' group, but blacks are 'just black'...whites are all 'just white'...and of course, American Indians just are not worth 'dividing'. You may select up to FIVE racial categories, and any of these can be either "Hispanic"...or "Not"..(see above section)..

So I ask you, 'the One'..do you see anything 'strange' here? TWO ethnicities, and EIGHTEEN races? And the two ethnicites are "Hispanic...and Not Hispanic"?

Look, I try to be a reasonable guy..but this is surreal...and somebody gets PAID to write this stuff.(at least I work for free).

So are Hispanics 'taking over'..or not? Your comments (or anyone else's) will be read with interest....

Last edited by macmeal; 08-27-2009 at 07:41 PM..
 
Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
 
411 posts, read 402,541 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; assuming your info is correct, you are a criminal and belong in a jail cell till your permanent deportation from the USA.

As for that nonsense that the USA is bilingual-------------think again. The hostility towards Spanish speakers is growing and, quite a few of 'em have left the USA. 30-50% of all illegal aliens along with their minor age Anchors have left Arizona in particular.

Re: your gripe about the work ethic of Americans being bad..............it is pretty damn obvious that you hired illegal aliens since the former need not take crap from unscrupulous employers.
I am sorry to see your comments, they appear hyperbolic and misguided, I see people as human beings, some people think they are entitled to certain positions just because they were born in whatever place by chance, I beleive this is the land of opportunity, but you have to work hard, there are no entitlements, I am proud of the fact that I have been succesful here, and I'm proud of the US. I know that as people become more and more educated here, the numbers of intolerants dwindle.

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!
 
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I am sorry to see your comments, they appear hyperbolic and misguided, I see people as human beings, some people think they are entitled to certain positions just because they were born in whatever place by chance, I beleive this is the land of opportunity, but you have to work hard, there are no entitlements, I am proud of the fact that I have been succesful here, and I'm proud of the US. I know that as people become more and more educated here, the numbers of intolerants dwindle.

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!
I smell a cow barn.
You if you are in fact for real would believe in such things because it justifies the laws you break.
Not unlike a thug who believes that robbing a rich family is justified because they have so much more than the thief does.
Your argument is the same as any number of criminals. The guy who gets caught speeding. It was okay for him to speed because he feels that as a good driver he can handle it. There for it is the police who are wrong not him. Worse still the speeder looks down on those who obey the speed limit. They are holding him up.
If you are indeed so successful. Go back to your own country and improve that one. Or re-enter legally. That is if what you say is true that you don't believe in entitlments and do believe in hard work.
Other wise your words are the same as the smelly pile back behind the bull barn.
 
Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I am sorry to see your comments, they appear hyperbolic and misguided, I see people as human beings, some people think they are entitled to certain positions just because they were born in whatever place by chance, I beleive this is the land of opportunity, but you have to work hard, [/b]there are no entitlements,[/b] I am proud of the fact that I have been succesful here, and I'm proud of the US. I know that as people become more and more educated here, the numbers of intolerants dwindle.

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!
Really? Who paid the delivery bills for your two anchor offspring? A surprisingly high percentage of you illegals seem to feel 'entitiled' to dump the delivery costs on US taxpayers.
 
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Really? Who paid the delivery bills for your two anchor offspring? A surprisingly high percentage of you illegals seem to feel 'entitiled' to dump the delivery costs on US taxpayers.
As I swat the buzzing flies away I type.
If this character is for real. Sniff sniff and I have my doubts certainly not him. It just isn't the illegal way.
 
Old 08-28-2009, 03:48 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'm not fearful, either..as long as it's respectful. That's a big order, though. What happens when it gets DISRESPECTFUL?

Let's hope it goes well. Recall the current situation in Europe, in which millions of recently-arrived Muslims from 'points East' have settled into European cities, who have NO desire to 'become' European, have NO desire to adapt European 'ways', NO interest in European culture, and NO interest in the European values of human rights, women's rights, or religious tolerance....and many of them are openly CONTEMPTUOUS of Europeans, and are all too willing to say so, openly and 'in your face'...up to and including gleeful predictions of the "demise of Europe, within OUR LIFETIME".

You may ask "why do these Muslims feel this way, and if they do, why did they move to Europe"? And you may ask "Why do these Europeans put up with this hostility, ingratitude, hate, and disrespect from 'outsiders' "....and I would have to tell you, "I don't know....but it SURE doesn't sound like any sort of society I'D want to have happen, here in the USA".

'Multiculturalism' on the level of food, art, or music is FINE. At a deeper level..multiculturalism on the level of morals, values, principles, etc, probably won't work. SO FAR, in the US, our multiculturalism is at a pretty superficial level. If it remains there...fine. If it goes DEEPER....watch out!

"Respect", you say....OK, fine. Respect by WHOM..toward WHAT? How about if the respect isn't returned? How does one even DEFINE respect, in the absence of a common understanding of the term?
For gangbangers and criminals "respect" is simply another term for "fear" or "intimidation". Hopefully that isn't the way MOST of us see 'respect'...but it's an example of how different groups see things from a different angle.
macmeal,
I believe that the ONE is right. Immigration in Europe is completely different than in the US. I just noticed you had a post in the other forum regarding immigrants in Spain. Since it is not related to the main topic, I will answer your question here...

This is just my opinion and of course you are entitled to disagree with me.

If you have read some of these posts, you will find that people are afraid of this country becoming a "brown" country. They are afraid of the population of Caucasian to decrease. While I can understand that this is realistic due to birth rates, I also think that a color is meaningless compared to the number of Muslims that are colonizing all over Europe. A religion is really culturally changing the demographics of those countries. I dont see that happening here. Although most complain that the Mexican culture will take over, I disagree. I see them more and more assimilating than not and over time, once we close and secure the border to prevent more illegal immigration, assimilation will be more apparent.

Look at this video. It is exagerated but look at the general idea. Contrary to what others think that immigrants need to cut down on their birth rate, this video says birth rate is important. Also, notice how it says that Latino immigrants would be helping the US birth rate. When it comes to assimilating, religion plays a major role and Latinos in that sense are already assimilated.


YouTube - MUST WATCH VIDEO, Muslim Demographics- The Future Of Europe & The Rest Of The World

Now watch this one and tell me if you have seen a major group of illegal immigrants in the US do this to US authorities. This happened in Spain with Muslims.

YouTube - CEP: Desprotecci√≥n jur√*dica, inmigraci√≥n, yihadismo-1/4

Last edited by zacatecana; 08-28-2009 at 03:54 AM.. Reason: add 2nd video
 
Old 08-28-2009, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I am sorry to see your comments, they appear hyperbolic and misguided, I see people as human beings, some people think they are entitled to certain positions just because they were born in whatever place by chance, I beleive this is the land of opportunity, but you have to work hard, there are no entitlements, I am proud of the fact that I have been succesful here, and I'm proud of the US. I know that as people become more and more educated here, the numbers of intolerants dwindle.

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!
I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens because they are criminals who need to not only be deported with a ban against reentry to the use for 10 years---------they also need to have their assets seized.

Re: that pathetic 'human being' comment; Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler are/were also human so your argument holds no water.
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
im a bit confused? when you say the "look of this hispanic thing" what do you mean? do you mean hispanics in the US? the invented racial/ethnic classification of said individuals? the cultural shift caused by hispanics? their supposed invasion/takeover?

short answer: THERE IS NOT TAKEOVER.

and as someone who has had to deal with checking MULTIPLE boxes, even when told that i cant, that i have to choose just one, i am very familiar with this topic(its gotten way better).

but its not so much of a problem. i want people to know that this is in fact a multi ethnic place.

people always say that black and brown in south central hate eachother. that they dont mix. i am a testament to the fact that we do. AND i see it every day on the bus/train. mixed couples. and their children. that should be acknowledged.

we are changing.

but let me try to explain the hispanic thing.
as you know hispanics come in all colors and shapes and sizes. and as we know from the lengthy discussions and proclamations here on this board, hispanic is not a race. it is the only group that is not a race. we have the 3 main ones. mongoloid, negroid and caucasoid. basically, asian black white. so what about the millions and millions of latinos? well they are usually a mix of that. so thats why they ask hispanic or not. azbear is the expert on this, check with him.

a black hispanic, for example, could be panamanian or dominican who is black, but hispanic. black non hispanic would be an african american.

but i think these classifications will eventually change also. there has been an influx of african immigrants. they have chaged the face of the south and other cities like detroit.
i think they will now have a further subset of classification under black. it will be black, african born v. not african born (or some variation of that).

i dont think its ridiculous. i dont think its a problem. it helps account for who we are and what we look like.

besides, how hard is it to look through a list, find what corresponds to you and check few boxes here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK...I'll take your word for it..for now. But you have to understand, I still don't like the 'looks' of this 'Hispanic' thing, as it's being presented to us. I'm sitting here right now, with my teenager's High School registration form in my lap as I type. (Our family, as you know, is 'white/ American Indian...the Indians being 'Spanish speaking native Americans).

I'm looking at the form. There's a whole section on 'ethnicity', asking "What is your child's ethnicity"? There are TWO choices..period. They are "Hispanic or Latino"....and "NOT Hispanic or Latino"...and that's it...you're either Hispanic...or you're 'out', I guess.

The FOLLOWING section is about "race". Here it emphasizes that this is SEPARATE from the above section. HERE, there are EIGHTEEN categories...FIFTEEN varieties of "Asian"...plus three other 'races'...Black, White, and American Indian. Apparently Asians are a 'finely divided' group, but blacks are 'just black'...whites are all 'just white'...and of course, American Indians just are not worth 'dividing'. You may select up to FIVE racial categories, and any of these can be either "Hispanic"...or "Not"..(see above section)..

So I ask you, 'the One'..do you see anything 'strange' here? TWO ethnicities, and EIGHTEEN races? And the two ethnicites are "Hispanic...and Not Hispanic"?

Look, I try to be a reasonable guy..but this is surreal...and somebody gets PAID to write this stuff.(at least I work for free).

So are Hispanics 'taking over'..or not? Your comments (or anyone else's) will be read with interest....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top