U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,346,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28hertz View Post
Hispanics WILL take over the United States. This is NOT a joke.
I live in Lake Worth, FL. This city and Lantana used to be predominantly Finnish communities. We have a Finnish library, Finnish consulate, a Finnish church, a Finnish nursing home, streets with Finnish names, Finnish shops, Finn Fest is held here every year, etc.

And yet, you can't get by on Finnish anymore. Spanish-speaking natives can coast by without learning English. They took over the culture of Lake Worth and Lantana and as a result, most of the Finns went back to Finland.

The United States is not "multicultural," it is "dual cultural," Hispanic and White American. The Haitian immigrants that speak French and Creole aren't accommodated nearly as much as the Hispanic immigrants. Nor are the African, Asian or European immigrants. It's a Hispanic monopoly and will continue to be so.

I don't care how "racist" or "politically incorrect" it sounds but illegal aliens are a threat to American culture, the English language and our values.

And don't EVER confuse "immigrants" with "illegal aliens." They are not the same! Immigrants legally come to the U.S. and at least make an ATTEMPT to learn English and somewhat assimilate into the culture.
The problem, as I see it, is that ALL HISPANICS ARE LABELLED ILLEGAL, whether they are or not, by most people, since we do not carry a sign in our backs identifying us!

Old 07-05-2008, 01:56 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,346,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What do Puerto Ricans, for example, have to do with illegal immigration?
Nothing at all, since they are AMERICAN CITIZENS from birth. But this proves the point I have tried to make in other posts, once a person speaks Spanish, one is LABELLED! And we do have about 18 countries that are Spanish-Speaking, with the right to come to this country legally.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Please, please, leave Southern California out of this, it happens to be exceedingly prejudiced against anyone that is not lily white, particularly, the Mexicans, and anyone who speaks Spanish. Most of whom have built their cities, and without them, many businesses will suffer. I am not even Mexican, but I am of Hispanic descent, very light skin, blue eyes, natural blond hair, and the moment many people have picked up my accent, I have picked up lots of bias from them. So imagine how a person of Mexican descent may feel there in a daily basis! As a matter of fact, the Head of the White Aryan Nation makes his headquarters, in Sandpoint, Idaho, and his residence in Fallbrook, California, which is North San Diego County, and has brainwashed many people there to be bias against anyone who is Hispanic. Also, try to rent an apartment in a good area of Orange County, with a Hispanic accent, even though you maybe middle-class, well-dressed, educated, and behave appropriately, and you will see what mean, even if you are not Mexican!
It must be the accent then.

Why I say that is dark skinned/eyed folks of Italian heritage seldom run into much prejudice anymore.

Back to the 'accent' thing; I have noticed that many so-called 'Hispanics' sound as if they immigrated here from Mexico as adults--------yet, many were born/raised here in the USA.

BTW: Argentina, Chile and especially Spain tend to be White supremacist as well.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:30 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,994,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It must be the accent then.

Why I say that is dark skinned/eyed folks of Italian heritage seldom run into much prejudice anymore.

Back to the 'accent' thing; I have noticed that many so-called 'Hispanics' sound as if they immigrated here from Mexico as adults--------yet, many were born/raised here in the USA.

BTW: Argentina, Chile and especially Spain tend to be White supremacist as well.
AB I would have to say that (and I only visited) Argentina is far more "White supremacist" than Spain. I lived in Spain for 17 years and I did see racism, especially toward the Gypsies and the Moroccans but in general I heard less racist talk in 17 years there than I did in Argentina I won't comment on Chile because I never went there.

The white C Cubans too have a strong racist tendency. One of my daughters worked for a white Cuban doctor and at that time she was going out with a Puerto Rican. The doctor's wife told my daughter. "You be careful, all those Puerto Ricans have black blood:" Pretty heavy dose of racism there.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:34 PM

17,286 posts, read 25,015,617 times
Posts like this are EXACTLY why I remain ever agaisnt use of the term "Hispanic."

It's used by both the extreme right and extreme left to fan division and misunderstanding:

The right uses to fan fears in the mids of non "Hispanics" that they're going to be "taken over" ... and the left uses it to lament the waning influence of European culture (though we won't bother asking them what continent "Spanish" and "Latin" culture comes from, originally).

Old 07-05-2008, 03:17 PM

187 posts, read 469,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
When considering the US government's failure to drastically reduce the influx of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and the high fertility rates of Mexican women, both legal and illegal, will our country eventually be taken over by Mexicans and Hispanics? Their population is increasing at an alarming rate and many of the illegal Mexican immigrants probably have no desire to integrate into society or consider themselves American.

Once they become a racial majority, will racial tension increase between Hispanics and whites, blacks, Asians etc? I honestly fear that once they become the overwhelming racial majority in California they'll feel more loyal to Mexico and try to succede from the US. Afterwards, racial tension will be on the rise and California will become a racial war zone followed by Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and possibly the rest of the US.

Racial tensions broke out between Hispanics and blacks in a Hispanic-dominated Los Angeles high school so will it eventually happen in the US once they become the racial majority?

Does anyone think this will occur? (I'm honestly scared that this could be possible)
It's funny, I'm sure you were not scared by all the millions of immigrants who came from Europe. But 10 or 12 million latinos, legal or illegal, out of over 300 million has you scared. What should scare you is an alliance by all Americans of color(including Native Americans this country was stolen from). Then you can high-tail it back to Europe(or where ever your people came from) and be at peace! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

Old 07-05-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
AB I would have to say that (and I only visited) Argentina is far more "White supremacist" than Spain. I lived in Spain for 17 years and I did see racism, especially toward the Gypsies and the Moroccans but in general I heard less racist talk in 17 years there than I did in Argentina I won't comment on Chile because I never went there.

The white C Cubans too have a strong racist tendency. One of my daughters worked for a white Cuban doctor and at that time she was going out with a Puerto Rican. The doctor's wife told my daughter. "You be careful, all those Puerto Ricans have black blood:" Pretty heavy dose of racism there.
That I do believe: about 25 years I dated a White Latina whose father hailed from Mexico; she referred to stereotypical brown Mexicans as being 'dirty'-----and, would not date any of 'em due to their dark complexions.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
It's funny, I'm sure you were not scared by all the millions of immigrants who came from Europe. But 10 or 12 million latinos, legal or illegal, out of over 300 million has you scared. What should scare you is an alliance by all Americans of color(including Native Americans this country was stolen from). Then you can high-tail it back to Europe(or where ever your people came from) and be at peace! CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!
Suffice to say: what happened to the American Indians 500 years should not have happened-------but it did and it cannot be 'undone'. Besides: Mexico's past concerning the Aztec's and Cortez, etc. ain't pretty either.

Let the above serve as a warning to today's Americans if we do not close/lock at least our southern border and deport any illegals found here in the USA-------we may be the next 'Indians'.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:24 PM

1,734 posts, read 4,950,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
VERMONT is full of pedophiles, including some judges, that allow them to go scot free! Very recently, an 11 year-old-girl has disappeared, according to NY news.
Darlin, have you ever been to the South? Vermont is the fifth safest state and Maine is the second safest. Louisiana, where I live, is the second most dangerous, behind only Nevada.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:53 PM

187 posts, read 469,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say: what happened to the American Indians 500 years should not have happened-------but it did and it cannot be 'undone'. Besides: Mexico's past concerning the Aztec's and Cortez, etc. ain't pretty either.

Let the above serve as a warning to today's Americans if we do not close/lock at least our southern border and deport any illegals found here in the USA-------we may be the next 'Indians'.
Payback's a *****! LOL. GO OBAMA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or