Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,006,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
The U.S. Census goes around this by making the Latino label separate from the Black/White/Native American/Asian/Other/etc labels. I prefer this concept.
As it should be done.

Although quite a few Mestizos in particular do state 'Other' on their Census forms.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:13 PM

3 posts, read 3,625 times
I agree with Radraja completely.

Illegal immigration is a serious crisis in the U.S. today, and it has to be stopped. Illegal aliens break in line of those "true immigrants" that migrate lawfully through the rule of law. Illegal aliens have brought crime, gangs, diseases, over crowding, anchor babies, and all manner of social ills to our country, all of course in the name of cheap illegal foreign labor that the greedy crave.
U.S. CITIZENS need the jobs that illegal aliens are taking away. It is a total lie and falsehood that U.S. Citizens wont' do the jobs that illegal aliens will do. U.S. Citizens are hard working people, and first and foremost they have the right to U.S. jobs, healthcare, etc. What is happening right now is that we U.S. Citizens are paying the bill for these illegal aliens to be in the U.S., for their healthcare, their incarceration, everything, we are paying for their drunken butts to drive drunk and hit our mom or dad or children in the streets with no regard and no insurance!
Time for this nonsense to STOP.
Report illegal aliens to ICE, here:How To Report Illegals
Join our fight at The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR):
Best Regards,
U.S. Patriot and CITIZEN of the United States of America

Old 07-19-2009, 03:40 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,029,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
When considering the US government's failure to drastically reduce the influx of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and the high fertility rates of Mexican women, both legal and illegal, will our country eventually be taken over by Mexicans and Hispanics? Their population is increasing at an alarming rate and many of the illegal Mexican immigrants probably have no desire to integrate into society or consider themselves American.

Once they become a racial majority, will racial tension increase between Hispanics and whites, blacks, Asians etc? I honestly fear that once they become the overwhelming racial majority in California they'll feel more loyal to Mexico and try to succede from the US. Afterwards, racial tension will be on the rise and California will become a racial war zone followed by Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and possibly the rest of the US.

Racial tensions broke out between Hispanics and blacks in a Hispanic-dominated Los Angeles high school so will it eventually happen in the US once they become the racial majority?

Does anyone think this will occur? (I'm honestly scared that this could be possible)
I smell xenophobia all over this...

Old 07-19-2009, 05:28 AM

291 posts, read 412,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Atzlan, as can found out from many reference sources of latino mexican groups want to take ca,az,nv,ect.

This is no joke take a look at this well written article on the suject of take over The Road to Aztlan

As one of MEChA’s many charming slogans has it, "for those of our race, everything; for those outside of it, nothing."

Old 07-19-2009, 05:56 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,097,563 times
How about this twist

Many Americans Moving to Mexico in Search of the American Dream

MERIDA, Mex. – At some point last fall, the one millionth American established residency here in Mexico. That makes Mexico the host nation for the largest American expatriate community in the world. There are now more Americans living in Mexico than there are in the U.K. or Canada.
This trend is accelerating as the U.S. recession deepens and job losses across the United States accelerate. “We’ve seen an increase of almost 40 percent in the number of American citizens making inquiries about the requirements for moving to Mexico,” said an official at the Mexican Consulate in New York. “There are definitely more Americans emigrating to Mexico than this time last year.”

Many Americans Moving to Mexico in Search of the American Dream | Immigration | AlterNet

Old 07-19-2009, 02:14 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,512,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Strange that you should detect xenophobia (by smell, or otherwise), in a country that has taken in 'far and away' more foreigners than any other society in the history of the world. That's an odd kind of place to label 'xenophobic', it seems to me.

Perhaps a thread about Hispanics "taking over" is a bit of an overstatement...I agree. But is it altogether surprising? Are you honestly 'shocked' by such sentiments, given today's situation?

If France suddenly found itself housing 10 million Italians....or India was the new home of 10% of the population of Pakistan; if Japan were suddenly 'chosen' as their new home by millions of Indonesians, or Mexico suddenly found itself providing space for a huge influx of Nigerians....do you expect this would all go 'smoothly'? Can you see ANY of the residents of these 'host' nations expressing alarm? Can you see a few of them grumbling, decrying the 'changes' in their society, and feeling apprehensive about their own future? And if they did this, would you then accuse them of being 'xenophobic'?

Recently, on this forum, our good friend Travelling Fella forwarded an article congratulating Brazil on legalizing (amnestizing) "Several tens of thousands of illegal residents". Wonderful...so Brazil did 'the right thing'.

But here in the US, we're not talking about 'several tens of thousands' of illegals...we're talking about MULTIPLE MILLIONS of illegals...from all over the place, among them about TEN PERCENT of the ENTIRE POPULATION of Mexico..(which is, in itself, certainly not a 'small' country, nor is it a particularly POOR country).

So there you have it....it's easy, and convenient, to assign ANY American misgivings re: illegals to simple 'xenophobia'...(to your credit, at LEAST you didn't try to blame the problem on 'racism')....but 'xenophobia', in what context? When the nation that's taken in more LEGAL immigrants than any other in history..(and probably more ILLEGALS, as well), finds itself approaching the limits of its ability to 'take people in', you accuse it of 'xenophobia'.....But if the US is 'xenophobic', what do you call MOST of the world...'Ultra-xenophobic'? If we're 'tough on poor Mexicans' here, what do you call Mexico.."NICE to poor Mexicans"? If the US is 'unwelcoming to foreigners' (i.e., xenophobic), how would you describe Egypt...or China...or Turkey...or Nigeria...."really, REALLY UNWELCOMING ?"..

I agree that the thread title is a bit 'over-the-top'...just wanted to put things in context. The US may be turning a TINY bit xenophobic...and perhaps there's a reason for that.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:21 PM

291 posts, read 412,664 times
amazing how hypocritical and condescending these pro illegals supporter are?

Old 07-19-2009, 08:41 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,886,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Most American ancesters were all illegal, "they" just made laws to make themselves legal. Race tension is throughout history. I'm sure the government could stop them it they wanted, but somebody is probably getting a kick-back so let whatever happen happen

Wrong ! Proof you don't know our history . This is a lie most tell who want America to support the 50 family members while one works in the field .

Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,886,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
amazing how hypocritical and condescending these pro illegals supporter are?

When they give amnesty to 30 million illegals, they have the right to bring in their hundreds of millions of family members .

We will have a shortage of food and there will be no water . Apt.s. for dr.s will be mon.s away if at all .Life saving test will be only for the leaders .

Old 07-22-2009, 03:44 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,029,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
When they give amnesty to 30 million illegals, they have the right to bring in their hundreds of millions of family members .

We will have a shortage of food and there will be no water . Apt.s. for dr.s will be mon.s away if at all .Life saving test will be only for the leaders .
No food and water? LOL..No apartments?...I like the way you set your periods.
Another made up character!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.