U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 05:18 AM

136 posts, read 256,821 times

Advertisements

When considering the US government's failure to drastically reduce the influx of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and the high fertility rates of Mexican women, both legal and illegal, will our country eventually be taken over by Mexicans and Hispanics? Their population is increasing at an alarming rate and many of the illegal Mexican immigrants probably have no desire to integrate into society or consider themselves American.

Once they become a racial majority, will racial tension increase between Hispanics and whites, blacks, Asians etc? I honestly fear that once they become the overwhelming racial majority in California they'll feel more loyal to Mexico and try to succede from the US. Afterwards, racial tension will be on the rise and California will become a racial war zone followed by Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and possibly the rest of the US.

Racial tensions broke out between Hispanics and blacks in a Hispanic-dominated Los Angeles high school so will it eventually happen in the US once they become the racial majority?

Does anyone think this will occur? (I'm honestly scared that this could be possible)

Old 06-20-2008, 05:20 AM

3,626 posts, read 8,389,564 times
Is it April Fools???

Old 06-20-2008, 05:24 AM

I'm serious. The news article below seems like racial tension will increase between Hispanics and whites, blacks, etc. once the Hispanics become the racial majority in this country:

Locke High School Fight Involved 600 Students - DigitalJournal.com: The Power of Citizen Journalism

Old 06-20-2008, 05:34 AM

13,266 posts, read 9,990,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
I'm serious. The news article below seems like racial tension will increase between Hispanics and whites, blacks, etc. once the Hispanics become the racial majority in this country:

Locke High School Fight Involved 600 Students - DigitalJournal.com: The Power of Citizen Journalism
People like you scare me.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:42 AM

Honestly guys, what will happen when the illegal Mexican immigrant population increases to the point to which they become the majority of the population in California? The illegal immigrants have no obligation to follow the law, pledge loyalty to our country and may end up embracing criminal lifestyles.

It's already happening in Los Angeles and the stupid sanctuary city laws are only encouraging them to arrive.

Just think of the possible racial tension that will result once they are the majority. If if it happened in a Hispanic-dominated Los Angeles high school, why won't it happen in a illegal immigrant-dominated CA, AZ, NM or TX?

Old 06-20-2008, 06:13 AM

3,626 posts, read 8,389,564 times
Most American ancesters were all illegal, "they" just made laws to make themselves legal. Race tension is throughout history. I'm sure the government could stop them it they wanted, but somebody is probably getting a kick-back so let whatever happen happen

Old 06-20-2008, 07:05 AM

340 posts, read 821,346 times
I really hope you are joking. This is one of the most ignorant post I have ever read in this web site. Do you realize "Hispanics" is not a race? You are saying that there will be be racial tensions between Hispanics and whites, blacks and asians???? Do you know there are white hispanics, black hispanics even asian hispanics? Have you ever been to Peru? There are a considerable amout of hispanics that are of japanese decendence in Peru. Have you ever heard of president Fujimori?

Do you now most hispanics in the US do not "look hispanic"? You just do not realize because they do not fit into the stereotype of the "brown skinned hispanic". I am mixed race, my grandmother is black my grandfather is basque. My husband you would never know he is "Hispanic" because he is white and everybody in his family is white. People are usualy surprised when they see his name which is obviously in spanish.
You can put my grandmother in the middle of Downtown Detroit and no one will suspect she is "Hispanic" (that is until she opens her mouth) because she just looks black.

Most "Hispanics" in the US just blend and integrate (LIKE US). Some you might be able to tell they are "Hispanics" because of the physical features (like me) some you might not realize they are "Hispanics (like my husband). Others do not integrate or takes them longer to integrate, those are the ones that stand out and every body talks about. But for every "Hispanic" that do not integrate there are a lot of us that DO integrate.

There are over 18 spanish speaking countries in the world so why on earth would hispanics in the US be loyal to Mexico??

I absolutely hate the term "Hispanic" because here a lot of people use it to denote "race" (thank you stupid US Census). It just means that your mother language is spanish.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:15 AM

18,264 posts, read 6,949,526 times
it will be a very very long time before hispanics dominate the lower and upper Midwest

Old 06-20-2008, 08:25 AM

681 posts, read 2,718,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
Honestly guys, what will happen when the illegal Mexican immigrant population increases to the point to which they become the majority of the population in California? The illegal immigrants have no obligation to follow the law, pledge loyalty to our country and may end up embracing criminal lifestyles.

It's already happening in Los Angeles and the stupid sanctuary city laws are only encouraging them to arrive.

Just think of the possible racial tension that will result once they are the majority. If if it happened in a Hispanic-dominated Los Angeles high school, why won't it happen in a illegal immigrant-dominated CA, AZ, NM or TX?

Yep. Because the conditions present in an poor inner-city high school are exactly the same as the country as a whole.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 AM

769 posts, read 1,967,887 times
UH-oh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or