Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Critics of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio staged a raucous show Thursday in hopes of pressuring the Board of Supervisors to monitor more closely his enforcement of immigration laws and the amount of public money spent on lawsuits that involve his office,

The protestors, hundreds strong, were unsuccessful in holding the five elected officials to any promises.
Arizona Republic article

Hey guys; chanting in Spanish is not helping your cause......if anything, it is making us Arizonans support Sheriff Joe even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 07:31 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

Hey guys; chanting in Spanish is not helping your cause......if anything, it is making us Arizonans support Sheriff Joe even more.
Sorry but Sherrif Joe has a very high approval rating and constantly wins reeletion. The people like what he does. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It is also pretty amusing that these protestors say that Sheriff Joe is "wasting" their money. Doesn't he feed prisoners on something like $1 or $2 a day. That sounds like fiscal responsibility to me.

You rock Sheriff Joe!!

Nicolem

Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
I love the comments like this at the bottom of the page:

Quote:
Go back to Mexico and see what kind of protection you will get from your own police forces. Between kidnappings and the corrupt Federales you are still MUCH better off as a Hispanic person in Joe's County.
No doubt! Could it be the corrupted Mexican government laws and Zetas that make most Mexicans want to leave?

I guess I just don't the see the point in people saying this stuff, the reason hispanics hate Joe is because he is a barrier to them leaving that corrupted place.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:59 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

No doubt! Could it be the corrupted Mexican government laws and Zetas that make most Mexicans want to leave?

I guess I just don't the see the point in people saying this stuff, the reason hispanics hate Joe is because he is a barrier to them leaving that corrupted place.
So because Mexico is corrupt we should just let illegals come here and break our laws? Maybe we should have no limits on legal immigration too because of this? Because Mexico is corrupt we should just let everyone come here? Sheriff Joe should not enforce the law because Mexico is corrupt? Then all the Hispanics would love Sheriff Joe?

The man is doing his job. The more amd more they hate him-to me that just means he is doing his job. Sheriff Joe rocks!

Nicolem

Old 06-20-2008, 08:02 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:

Really? This sheriff is stopping them from filling out visa requests? He is preventing them from entering the USBCIS and filling out the appropriate paperwork?

Face it, Mexico is not Darfur. Illegals immigrants are not legal immigrants. And it gets your goat that Sherrif Joe knows the difference.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:

Hopefully the sheriff will make them want to leave America then they can stage protests in Mexico where they should be.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:15 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:

Bottom line: that is not our problem--------my ancestors (on my mother's side) fought for their rights in this country. Are you insinuating that the Mexican people do not have the 'cojones' to stand up and demand their rights SOB?

EDIT: after reading your other post pertaining to the Zetas, etc.........a chill ran down my spine.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 06-20-2008 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Read Mach50's other post

Old 06-20-2008, 08:32 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Could it be the corrupted Mexican government laws and Zetas that make most Mexicans want to leave?

I totally agree with the previous four posters. Sheriff Joe has sworn to uphold the law, and that is precisely what he is doing. We are not responsible for Mexico’s corruption and inhumane treatment of its citizens.

I will never quite comprehend why illegal aliens and their supporters show such disdain for the enforcement of our laws, while refusing to ascribe any accountability for their plight to the Mexican government. If Mexico provided for its citizens, they would not be “forced” to flee the country and make “demands” upon us. As usual, they refuse to show an iota of gratitude for our generosity. Their gall is absolutely boundless.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:15 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:

Fair enough...."Hispanics", just like everyone else, have a right to their own feelings. But why don't they get just a LITTLE mad at the 'corrupted place' that treated them so badly that they had to flee ?...(no, I PROMISE I won't mention "the flags")....

These folks are in a tight spot. It's just that their anger is being misdirected. If you wife cheats on you, you don't go next door and beat up your neighbor...you work it out with your wife. It's not that your neighbor doesn't 'symapthize' with you...it's just that he doesn't feel responsible for your domestic problems.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:35 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Fair enough...."Hispanics", just like everyone else, have a right to their own feelings. But why don't they get just a LITTLE mad at the 'corrupted place' that treated them so badly that they had to flee ?...(no, I PROMISE I won't mention "the flags")....

These folks are in a tight spot. It's just that their anger is being misdirected. If you wife cheats on you, you don't go next door and beat up your neighbor...you work it out with your wife. It's not that your neighbor doesn't 'symapthize' with you...it's just that he doesn't feel responsible for your domestic problems.
Macmeal, that would depend on whether your wife was cheating on you, with your neighbor .

Ok so I agree with you it is misdirected anger towards America, but I think it is also a cry for help. Many Mexican-Americans wonder why are we trying to cure the middle east corruption...you don't need to travel to the other side of the world to fix that...it is right here in your neighborhood. It seems America only fixes something when they are threatened. Again Mexico is not Americas problem, but this seems to be getting worse, walls won't fix Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration