U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don't believe anyone is trying to "pimp" the tragic murder of this young man. However, the murderer is "illegally" in this country; whether he arrived at 4 or 40. He should not be here.
Time to give this one up, Benicar. I think you know it's a lost cause. Face it...American society not only starts wars overseas, causes Middle Easterners to blow each other up with depressing regularity, has corrupted some of the world's greatest cultures, has earned the hatred of half the world, and turns hard working people into "trespassers"....it ALSO takes innocent 4-year olds and turns them into murderers.

No WONDER we're hated....we deserve to be !!

See you on another thread....

Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,000,517 times
Quote:
I don't believe anyone is trying to "pimp" the tragic murder of this young man. However, the murderer is "illegally" in this country; whether he arrived at 4 or 40. He should not be here.
JamielsLaw.com
Pimping.

Theres a big difference between him being 4 or 40 when he came here.
People are so convinced that a bunch of bloodthirsty Mexicans are invading this country causing all kinds of violence.

Pedro Espinoza was homegrown and raised in poor helpless United States.
Him having been brought here at the age of 4, he is being labelled as an illegal immigrant allowing people to confuse those who are coming here to work(like his parents were, im sure) for people like him.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Time to give this one up, Benicar. I think you know it's a lost cause. Face it...American society not only starts wars overseas, causes Middle Easterners to blow each other up with depressing regularity, has corrupted some of the world's greatest cultures, has earned the hatred of half the world, and turns hard working people into "trespassers"....it ALSO takes innocent 4-year olds and turns them into murderers.

No WONDER we're hated....we deserve to be !!

See you on another thread....
The conditions of the inner city do breed gangmembers. I dont like to whip out the "victim of the environment" theory, but face it, chances are Jamiel himself may have been a victim of the gangbanging mentality that is prevalent in our poor neighborhoods.

Or what, Macmeal? How much did being born in Mexico have to do with Pedro Espinoza killing Jamiel?
I'm sure he doesn't even remember crossing that border.

Are illegal immigrants another breed that are genetically designed to kill! kill! kill!?

What on Earth does illegal immigration have to do with this killing?
He would never have been here. He must have learned those ways in Mexico.
Yeah, and maybe he would have never been born neither.
And maybe Mexico would never have existed.
And maybe Jamiel's ancestors wouldn't have ever been brought to America.
And maybe America wouldve never been colonized.

If all that stuff was true, then too Jamiel would probably not have gotten killed.

This kid wasn't fresh off the boat. This was good old fashion American beef. A Mexican kid growing up in American gang culture, a Black growing up looking up to American gang culture. One of them got shot.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
This kid wasn't fresh off the boat. This was good old fashion American beef. A Mexican kid growing up in American gang culture, a Black growing up looking up to American gang culture. One of them got shot.
As I said before, this one is WAY over my head. I'm just not 'street wise'. What I saw was an interracial murder (which often is the cause of much speculation by the media). I had no idea there were any good 'reasons' for the killing...that stuff is WAY out of my league. I neither "walk the walk", nor do I "talk the talk". Half the time, as I drive down the street, I couldn't even tell you whose 'turf' I'm on. That stuff just never interested me. I've never had anyone MAKE me do violent things because they've "dissed" me. If they DID so, I probably wouldn't know it...I'd probably just giggle like a 'dummy'.

You've got me on this thread. All I saw was an interracial murder. (The OPPOSITE races as the one which occurred near my sister-in-law's house last winter.). I just assumed "murder" was "murder". Guess I didn't see the 'big picture'.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,456,238 times
You are not sure why his parents came here, they could have had 100 lbs of coke in their suitcase. If...

IF

They came here to steal jobs from Americans that is even worse.

Quote:
JamielsLaw.com
Pedro Espinoza was homegrown and raised in poor helpless United States.
Him having been brought here at the age of 4, he is being labelled as an illegal immigrant allowing people to confuse those who are coming here to work(like his parents were, im sure) for people like him.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
As I said before, this one is WAY over my head. I'm just not 'street wise'. What I saw was an interracial murder (which often is the cause of much speculation by the media). I had no idea there were any good 'reasons' for the killing...that stuff is WAY out of my league. I neither "walk the walk", nor do I "talk the talk". Half the time, as I drive down the street, I couldn't even tell you whose 'turf' I'm on. That stuff just never interested me. I've never had anyone MAKE me do violent things because they've "dissed" me. If they DID so, I probably wouldn't know it...I'd probably just giggle like a 'dummy'.

You've got me on this thread. All I saw was an interracial murder. (The OPPOSITE races as the one which occurred near my sister-in-law's house last winter.). I just assumed "murder" was "murder". Guess I didn't see the 'big picture'.
Excuse me, I can't detect when youre using sarcasm

Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
You are not sure why his parents came here, they could have had 100 lbs of coke in their suitcase. If...

IF

They came here to steal jobs from Americans that is even worse.
If I was walking around with 100 lbs of cocaine in a suitcase, I'd be in La Jolla San Diego, or Malibu or something. With that kinda product, you wouldn't find me in South Central lol.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Excuse me, I can't detect when youre using sarcasm
Oh YEAH......like I use SARCASM.....riiiiiiight. Like I'd even LOWER myself to using sarcasm.......

Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
The conditions of the inner city do breed gangmembers. I dont like to whip out the "victim of the environment" theory, but face it, chances are Jamiel himself may have been a victim of the gangbanging mentality that is prevalent in our poor neighborhoods.

Sorry, but I don’t subscribe to the “poor me, I grew up in poverty in the 'hood' -- I can’t do any better” mentality. While I certainly recognize the effects of socioeconomic factors, I also recognize the importance of personal accountability and sheer tenacity.

I mentioned my best friend’s accomplishments in another thread; not to “brag” on her, rather, to “applaud” her. She could truly be the “poster girl” for having an “excuse” not to succeed in life. She grew up in a dysfunctional family, in the absolute pits of Hell. I was petrified to even walk from the car to the front door when she took me to her parents’ home. Her father was a womanizing drug dealer (even “hit on” me), and her mother had an addictive personality….drugs, alcohol, whatever. She routinely witnessed junkies overdosing, stabbings, shootings, and explicit sexual activities, which frequently involved her mother. Notwithstanding her daily exposure to these activities, to this day, she has never tasted liquor, nor experimented with any drugs -- not even pot. She didn’t even lose her virginity until her sophomore year in college.

Rather than succumb to her environment, she was determined to “rise above” her circumstances. She could have easily gotten involved with drugs, sex, or gangs. After all, how could she avoid it? Moreover, given her stunning looks, I’m sure she could have had a rather lucrative lifestyle through prostitution -- a “common” practice in this particular section of Baltimore. While others in her neighborhood were hanging in the streets, getting high, getting pregnant, and wasting their lives; she “chose” to study and excel in school -- she “chose” to succeed in life. Unlike those claiming they can’t succeed “because of” their circumstances; she had the determination to succeed “in spite of.”

Old 06-26-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I don’t subscribe to the “poor me, I grew up in poverty in the 'hood' -- I can’t do any better” mentality. While I certainly recognize the effects of socioeconomic factors, I also recognize the importance of personal accountability and sheer tenacity.
.”
GREAT post....one of the few optimistic notes I've seen lately. Fortunately, it's not completely 'unheard of'....just that it 'goes against the conventional wisdom'. As a matter of fact, I've known a number of people like this....people who somehow were supposed to do badly, but just didn't realize they were "Victims"...and ended up doing very well, despite their 'bad situation'. Guess you could say they just "missed the boat" in regards to their victimhood. Sounds like many of the EARLY immigrants, as well. Didn't KNOW they were being exploited, didn't KNOW they were being 'abused' by American society, (some of them even thought they were lucky to be here, if you can imagine that !)...and therefore, they simply 'went to work' and made a very good life for themselves.

Can't 'rep' you any more....and the post was so good I can't even think of a sarcastic 'comeback'..so I'll just say "well done"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or