Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:16 AM

26,689 posts, read 41,617,124 times

Advertisements

Driving Cabs Instead of Building Bridges, Iraqis Languish in U.S. - washingtonpost.com

Our U.S. government should be trying to help these Iraqis who've assisted US causes not these border-hoppers who could care less about the US and only what they can get from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 07:49 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,304,252 times
Good post- I absolutely agree.

Nicolem

Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,742,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Driving Cabs Instead of Building Bridges, Iraqis Languish in U.S. - washingtonpost.com

Our U.S. government should be trying to help these Iraqis who've assisted US causes not these border-hoppers who could care less about the US and only what they can get from it.
These are just people who want a better life for their families. Just like the vast majority of immigrant no matter what their legal status.
The only difference is the U.S. invaded their country and blew it to ****, so now the government owes it to some of them to bring them over.

You make it sound like "border-hoppers" are more greedy than the average human.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
These are just people who want a better life for their families. Just like the vast majority of immigrant no matter what their legal status.
The only difference is the U.S. invaded their country and blew it to ****, so now the government owes it to some of them to bring them over.

No, these Iraqis worked to assist the United States in Iraq and now are facing retaliation for their assistance to the US.

There is a right way to make a better life for your family and a wrong way and I made this post to highlight immigrant families who are struggling to do it the right way. I have no problem with illegal alien families wanting a better life, my problem is that the wrong way they are doing it is making it tougher for legal and US families to do it the right way.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:16 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,529,544 times
Quote:
Sorry, but once again, their "legal status" means something....even if it's not what we want to hear.

I can assure you, just about EVERYBODY on earth, one way or another, wants 'a better life for their family'. How they go about achieving this, though, makes a HUGE difference. Making a better life by doing things illegally is NOT the same as making it legally.

Notice I'm not saying "illegals are violent"..or "evil"...or "awful". But they ARE illegal....and that's a LOT different from 'playing by the rules'...especially in a society that only exists because it's based on 'law'....

Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 PM

77 posts, read 114,770 times
Quote:

Why? I've seen Hmong and other SE Asian aliens do little to better themselves and their ilk after over 30 years "in country". That they (or their families) aided the U.S. effort in SE Asia says little about what "they" would do for US. Indeed, very little.

The Iraqi "refugees" (like the "pro-Iraq" (read pro-Iranian Shi'a) friendlies or c.f. taqqiyah) are no benefit to this country. May I point to your pro-Islamics post when one of them blows up the Pentagon [again]?

Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:

Border hoppers-while maybe not more greedy-are certainly less patient and obviously less willing to play by the rules and get in line.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
Why? I've seen Hmong and other SE Asian aliens do little to better themselves and their ilk after over 30 years "in country". That they (or their families) aided the U.S. effort in SE Asia says little about what "they" would do for US. Indeed, very little.

The Iraqi "refugees" (like the "pro-Iraq" (read pro-Iranian Shi'a) friendlies or c.f. taqqiyah) are no benefit to this country. May I point to your pro-Islamics post when one of them blows up the Pentagon [again]?
Well let's see if we are worried about pro-Islamic terrorists-maybe a good start would be to track every person who comes in on a valid visa. If we had been able to track the 9-11 terrorists, we would have known they had overstayed their visas and "maybe" had a better chance of stopping this.

Also we could secure our border 100% as we know it is not only Mexicans /Central Americans coming across the border. Mostly-yes. But not all.

To me there is a big difference between pro-Islamics we let in on visas who claim they harbor no ill will than Iraqis who lie down in the trenches with American soldiers and are put in harms way.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post

This post has NOTHING to do with Islam. I could care less about a immigrant's religion. My concern with immigrants are whether they go through the legal process or do it illegally.

The illegals are the ones who are of no benefit to this country.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,100,899 times
Quote:

The illegals are the ones who are of no benefit to this country.
The illegals are also trashing our neighborhoods because they do not pay for trash pickup.

Los Angeles Times Video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration