U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:37 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
People suggest that Mexican and Hispanic aren't a race, and yet they support racial profiling..?
Is there something I missed...?
The obvious discussion is about brown Mexican and central american descended people. Don't play dumb.
Considering that most illegal aliens happen to be Spanish speaking Mestizos: common sense would be to profile that cohort before LE 'contacts' English speakers-----------of any race/ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 07:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It appears some posters have no problem with using derogatory words in the same sentence as black, white or insert color here so long as it isn't brown. What's the word I'm searching for here.....wait ....no...wait for it....drat what is that word?
Actually: Benicar does have a 'brown' skintone I suspect; yet she is not one of the 'pets' of today's PC crowd.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:24 PM

23,624 posts, read 31,208,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not what I would call imprisonment. Police detain and question innocent people everyday.
That is correct. If everybody was able to sue for "false imprisonment" then law enforcement could not do its job.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:07 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,695,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post

Again, who gives a flying you know what if she's Black? That has no relevance to the topic of people being cool with, if not wanting Hispanics to be racially profiled. The "Dude! I'm Black!" thing doesn't work with me.
I'm sure...because it doesn't further your agenda.

Pathetic. My father was right. Ignorance IS timeless.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,454,614 times
This just proves we need a worker permit system for the aliens. Every alien will be on record with the place he works and can be easily checked. Canada has a worker permit system where each alien applys for the permit and goes to work. The alien then can be found if needed and he will pay taxes . NO ONE CAN HIRE AN ALIEN WHO DOESNT HAVE THE PERMIT.. a great system that works. Why cant we do this? I believe there is an agenda NOT to and the ones behind this agenda need to be caught and punished.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:46 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
To hear la raza say it: American Blacks are the same as 'Anglo Whites'.
Now that's funny.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,979,836 times
People are forgetting the case of Walker...an American fighting with the Taliban insurgents.

His appearance...beard and clothes made him appear like those captured.

It was only after identifying himself to a soldier as being an American that he was separated from the others.

So if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck chances are it is a duck.

I know people have heard that saying before but facts are facts.

Steve

Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Yac

5,876 posts, read 6,299,846 times
Does anyone here even remember the topic of this thread ? If not, go to the first page and read it again. Thanks.
Yac.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,600,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As of 2008, 24 states have stop and identify laws. Not having ID on you is not a good idea. I carry ID ALL of the time when I'm out of the house if for nothing else to notify my wife if I get hit by a car and someone finds me.
ICE would laugh at you if you tried to use a state issued ID as proof of citizenship. Foreign nationals can get a driver's license in nearly every state.
It has to be original (not copy, not abstract of birth) birth certificate, passport, or immigration papers. I've been through that scenario before and fortunately had my passport on me at the time.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 AM

32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
ICE would laugh at you if you tried to use a state issued ID as proof of citizenship. Foreign nationals can get a driver's license in nearly every state.
It has to be original (not copy, not abstract of birth) birth certificate, passport, or immigration papers. I've been through that scenario before and fortunately had my passport on me at the time.
If I worked with a bunch of Illegal Aliens I would have one of the above with me at all times. Thankfully I don't so my State issued DL works just fine even going through check points each day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration