U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2008, 12:49 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
NYC has a decent sized Irish illegal alien population.
Supposedly there is a concentration of illegal Irish in the Santa Monica area as well (LA County). They get into the news from time to time when "illegals" are being discussed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Then; deport those illegal Irish as well as their 'brother' illegals from SOB, etc.

I am not joking here, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 01:27 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then; deport those illegal Irish as well as their 'brother' illegals from SOB, etc.

I am not joking here, either.
Absolutely! Every last illegal-regardless of country of origin, race, whatever needs a one way ticket HOME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
So, we have to take race out of the discussion? How can we, when 80% of the illegals come from SOB? It's pretty hard to take that out - we're generally talking about South Americans who are breaking our laws. That's because they're next door!

What difference does it make to admit they're mostly Mexicans? It's a fact. It doesn't have anything to do with "racism" - it's just the truth.

What - are we supposed to talk about the few illegal Irish coming here to Boston compared to the MILLIONS of illegal Mexicans? The southern border is where we have to start, because that is the worst problem we have regarding illegals.

If THAT was cleared up, we'd be in good shape in dealing with other illegals.
If it has nothing to do with racism or cultural differences, we shouldn't ahve to bring up any group who's coming here.
Im just saying that its a very thin line between illegal immigrants and Mexicans.
And a lot of people really hate illegal immigrants. And it won't take much for that hate to drift across that thin line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
If it has nothing to do with racism or cultural differences, we shouldn't ahve to bring up any group who's coming here.
Im just saying that its a very thin line between illegal immigrants and Mexicans.
And a lot of people really hate illegal immigrants. And it won't take much for that hate to drift across that thin line.
All the more reason for Americans who are 'Hispanic' to help in deportation efforts against illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
All the more reason for Americans who are 'Hispanic' to help in deportation efforts against illegals.
haha, join us or dieeeee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
haha, join us or dieeeee
Nope....that's just a BIT of an exaggeration. It's more like "join us, or quit acting surprised when you're regarded with mistrust by 'us' ". You can't have it both ways. The choice is yours to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM
 
4,135 posts, read 9,116,913 times
Reputation: 2677
Any illegal of any country gets a one-way ticket home -- we should first fingerprint and photograph and either take DNA or a retinal scan. No possibility of visa if caught here again illegally.

OTOH, when a group calls itself "La Raza" (The Race), aren't they being racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Any illegal of any country gets a one-way ticket home -- we should first fingerprint and photograph and either take DNA or a retinal scan. No possibility of visa if caught here again illegally.

OTOH, when a group calls itself "La Raza" (The Race), aren't they being racist?
And the phrase 'La Raza Cosmica' (the cosmic race) is deceptive as it is.......most supporters of the La Raza movement would not last two minutes in Mexico due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 10:29 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the phrase 'La Raza Cosmica' (the cosmic race) is deceptive as it is.......most supporters of the La Raza movement would not last two minutes in Mexico due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture.
There are many people who are very proud of Mexican/Amerindian culture in Mexico.
The term La Raza Cosmica was coined by a Mexican in Mexico.

Why are you so determined to label Mexico, which is less than 10 percent European, White Supremacist?
With your argument on what makes a white supremacist, one could say the whole world is White Supremacist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top