U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ned, c’mon let’s not play games. If you are as well-versed on the immigration debate as you would have us believe…….surely you know illegal alien apologists make a concerted effort to omit the term “illegal” from their “immigration” discourse. They do this in an attempt to justify and obfuscate their “true” agenda…….which is to ensure a steady influx of “cheap” labor for the corporate elite profiteers from whom they receive their multi-million dollar funding.

Illegal immigration, under the guise of “civil rights,” has become a lucrative enterprise for La Raza, et al., and they demonize ALL opposition as being racists, xenophobes, nativists, etc. -- and intentionally make no distinction between white supremacist individuals or organizations, and non-racist concerned U.S. citizens. Their objective is to successfully convince the masses that anti-illegal = anti-immigrant = racist; cognizant of the fact that few would choose to be considered the latter.

Whether the “agenda” of organizations are “stated” or “implicit” is of little concern to me personally; given the fact that I have not formulated my stance on illegal immigration on the tenets of these groups.

Perhaps you consider “legal” and “illegal” to be synonymous; thereby, “immigrant” would in fact suffice as being appropriate terminology for those circumventing our laws. I happen to differentiate between the two.
What is the big deal with calling illegal immigrants immigrants? thats what they are! immigrants who have crossed illegally!
Immigrants are immigrants!
Thats about as neutral a term as it gets.

It acknowledges them as having come illegally, but yet it doesnt go out of its way to put any more negative connotations that you guys seem to want.

Its okay if you want to call them invaders, menace, criminals, etc etc. Thats your opinion, and if you want them to make them sound as evil as possible to justify your fears and negative feelings towards them, then go ahead.

But they are immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Everyone deserves respect and dignity, Macmeal. Thats not "gang talk".
Its too bad thats what you associate those words with.
Respect is earned...........if one of your 'homies' suceeds in hurting me without just cause, I would be afraid of said homie--------but, I will not respect him. And force goes both ways..............

Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
What is the big deal with calling illegal immigrants immigrants? thats what they are! immigrants who have crossed illegally!

It acknowledges them as having come illegally, but yet it doesnt go out of its way to put any more negative connotations that you guys seem to want.

Its okay if you want to call them invaders, menace, criminals, etc etc. Thats your opinion, and if you want them to make them sound as evil as possible to justify your fears and negative feelings towards them, then go ahead.

But they are immigrants.
Try again.

Your attempts to obscure the differences between legal and illegal immigrants are causing me to respect your opinion less and less.

As it stands: more and more Americans are wising up to that little 'guilt' game that the pro illegals are attempting to play.

It is over: time to close/lock at least our southern border and start mass deportations with employer sanctions laws, etc. first.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Respect is earned...........if one of your 'homies' suceeds in hurting me without just cause, I would be afraid of said homie--------but, I will not respect him. And force goes both ways..............
So what does he have to do to get your respect? Bake you a cake?
I show respect to everybody until they give me reason not to, not the other way around.
And why do you assume a "homie" wants to hurt you?

Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again.

Your attempts to obscure the differences between legal and illegal immigrants are causing me to respect your opinion less and less.

As it stands: more and more Americans are wising up to that little 'guilt' game that the pro illegals are attempting to play.

It is over: time to close/lock at least our southern border and start mass deportations with employer sanctions laws, etc. first.
I dont give a damn if you respect my opinion or not.

I lose respect for your opinion when you constantly go out of your way to make out Mexicans to be whiter than they are, link them to white supremacy, compare them to the KKK and Nazis, and try to convince people a drug cartel is going to cause a civl war, that the country is going to collapse, and whole bunch of other ridiculous bs.

I'm not trying to obscure anything.
People coming to work legally, and people coming to work illegally. Thats what it is, Azbear.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Everyone deserves respect and dignity, Macmeal. Thats not "gang talk".
Its too bad thats what you associate those words with.
Even dogs and cats should be treated with dignity and respect...ask any pet owner. So should all humans....and in this country, they are. Even death-row inmates are treated with dignity and respect.

But that's pretty much a "given", as you know. Beyond that basic level, human beings can, and do, make rational choices. And human beings can act "undignified", and they can do things that reduce, or even eliminate, the respect we have for them.

It's that 'second level' I'm talking about. An animal can't 'lose his dignity', but a human can. And there are PLENTY of things people can do, which make others say, "I have no respect for that guy".

I repeat what I said...if you want MY respect, act respectable. Want to be treated with dignity? Act in a dignified manner. Respect and dignity (above the minimal level of just 'being a human') are not automatic....they're conditional.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:46 PM

I spoke my piece.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I dont give a damn if you respect my opinion or not.

I lose respect for your opinion when you constantly go out of your way to make out Mexicans to be whiter than they are, link them to white supremacy, compare them to the KKK and Nazis, and try to convince people a drug cartel is going to cause a civl war, that the country is going to collapse, and whole bunch of other ridiculous bs.

I'm not trying to obscure anything.
People coming to work legally, and people coming to work illegally. Thats what it is, Azbear.

It seems to me you're not giving AZBear much respect here, amc. Perhaps in your eyes, he hasn't earned it. See what I mean?

Old 06-27-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
So what does he have to do to get your respect? Bake you a cake?
I show respect to everybody until they give me reason not to, not the other way around.
And why do you assume a "homie" wants to hurt you?
Once again, not to insult you, but you're making my point again. Like you, I respect people until they give me a reason not to. Like you, when they lose my respect, they no longer have it.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:

But they are immigrants.
Shoplifters are people who take merchandise. What's wrong with calling them shoppers? THey're shoppers who don't stop on the way out to pay. But they're still shoppers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration