Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
When did Los Zetas become such a hot button issue and such a prominent threat to Americans and an issue within Illegal Immigration?
Things are moving at breakneck speed, amc760.

Hell: even our Mach50 weighed in what almost happened to his business owner uncle in Mexico------the man fled (legally) to the USA. The Zetas with their extortion tactics were the final straw.

Other Mexicans may wind up illegally 'jumping the border'------better to be caught/detained by ICE than stay home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 10:34 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Things are moving at breakneck speed, amc760.

Hell: even our Mach50 weighed in what almost happened to his business owner uncle in Mexico------the man fled (legally) to the USA. The Zetas with their extortion tactics were the final straw.

Other Mexicans may wind up illegally 'jumping the border'------better to be caught/detained by ICE than stay home.
Breakneck speed?

That stuff has been happening for a loong time, Azbear. Just because youre reading more and more articles on it over the course of a few days, doesn't mean its barely happening as you read it.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:16 AM

77 posts, read 114,930 times
Quote:
They are elite "special forces" of the Mexican military trained in the U.S. at the School of the Americas at Fort Benning, Georgia and sent to "wipe out" one of the most powerful Mexican drug cartels. But these soldiers deserted and became the muscle for the very cartel they were supposed to destroy. - KOLD TV
Could someone connect this story to immigration, please.
Quote:
... even our Mach50 weighed in what almost happened to his business owner uncle in Mexico------the man fled (legally) to the USA. The Zetas with their extortion tactics were the final straw.

Oh, what's happening in Mexico could lead Mexicans to wind up "jumping the border". Because Mexicans were trained to "wipe out" Mexican drug cartels. Oh, pardon me, that clearly is an immigration story.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:05 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It seems the illegal aliens who work for drug cartels have been crossing into Arizona to assassinate and carry out home invasions against Americans... CLOSE THE BORDERS NOW!

FOXNews.com - Fatal Arizona Home Invasion Sparks Fears of Mexican Military Involvement - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

The US-Mexico border is a war zone. It makes Iraq look like a pleasure cruise.

I favor putting US troops, tanks, and soldiers with full authority to FIRE upon drug runners and people trying to sneak in.

They day this will happen? After Islamists enter the US through the border with a dirty nuke.

By them it will be too late. Americans are being foolish listening to politicians who don't give a flying FUDGE about you. That is the bottom line. Years after 9/11, we are STILL in the 9/10 mentality.

McCain may be HORRIBLE on this immigration issue, but he has vowed to seal the border. And he is better than Barack Hussein Obama, who will probably provide vans for illegals to get into the country. That way, we can get more illegals and criminals into the USA faster.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:32 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
The US-Mexico border is a war zone. It makes Iraq look like a pleasure cruise.
Don't even go there. My brother served in Iraq and it is far from a "pleasure cruise"....It is a WAR...a real one!!

Your comment is plain stupid and disrespectful toward our troops serving in Iraq.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
I think our border is a serious issue, but we do not yet have bombs going off in shopping malls....yet. Do we wait until then to address the growing problem? I guess that is the way we take care of business here in the USA, we wait until there is an attack of some kind then we act. God bless our troops, we may need them home before too long. Thank your brother for me, Ibarrio.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM

148 posts, read 471,596 times
Quote:
If what you just descrbed ever comes to pass--------that would be an Act of War by Mexico.

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Bush is no longer in the White House--------he is useless at best.
Well, how many acts of war will it take? This Arizona one is 100% legit - these were Mexican military members, oh I'm sorry "former" or "rogue" military members, who assassinated a US citizen on US soil and were ready to shoot it out with Phoenix PD!

We have had numerous such incidents in the San Diego area - incursions of these criminal elements, over the last few months. And it's getting much worse. Of course, these incidents are being hushed up as much as possible - kidnappings of US citizens who are kidnapped from US soil and taken across the border, tortured, held for ransom, home invasion robberies, etc.

I've heard parts of the Texas border are just as bad.

And these incidents are being covered up. We need a private militia to defend US citizens along the border. Here's another story you won't hear about on major news outlets.

200806051111 | Mexican Drug Cartels Terror Reaches Deep into the U.S. | / | Border & Sovereignty (http://www.rightsidenews.com/200806051111/border-and-sovereignty/mexican-drug-cartels-terror-reaches-deep-into-the-u.s.html - broken link)

This is definitely part of the immigration issue because these are illegal aliens (or at the very least, non-US citizens or legal residents) committing severe criminal acts on US soil. They are crossing the border and breaking the law, often in outrageous fashion.

Last edited by karkyco; 06-27-2008 at 12:55 PM..

Old 06-27-2008, 03:41 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
Could someone connect this story to immigration, please.

Oh, what's happening in Mexico could lead Mexicans to wind up "jumping the border". Because Mexicans were trained to "wipe out" Mexican drug cartels. Oh, pardon me, that clearly is an immigration story.
Those stories are misleading. There isn't huge groups of people fleeing "Los Zetas", which all of a sudden have become very sensationalized in this forum.

Those people who are moving to the united states are a small number of wealthy businessmen who do business in Mexican border towns.

Normal people aren't fleeing the violence, because it is only between the criminals, the businessman/criminals, and the authorities/military.

People are getting on the verge of hysteria on this board.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:56 AM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times
I do not condone these activities by Mexican Drug Cartels but do find it hard to side with the many posts that we should protect US citizens who are involved with drug activity. But then again this is the hypocrisy of the US.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Don't even go there. My brother served in Iraq and it is far from a "pleasure cruise"....It is a WAR...a real one!!

Your comment is plain stupid and disrespectful toward our troops serving in Iraq.
I am not diminishing Iraq, as not being a war. But if your brother were to go to the US-Mexico border, he'd remember the gunfire, the Molotov cocktails, the rocks being thrown, the gunfire, burning tires, trash everywhere, the fully automatic machine guns going off, smugglers running across the border with weapons, drugs... etc.

Like it or not - our southern border is a war zone.

I appreciate your bro's service to the country. We, the non-radical liberals, support him 100%! McCain will get the right, decent, humane, and supportive GI Bill passed, NOT the idiotic Kerry one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I think our border is a serious issue, but we do not yet have bombs going off in shopping malls....yet. Do we wait until then to address the growing problem? I guess that is the way we take care of business here in the USA, we wait until there is an attack of some kind then we act. God bless our troops, we may need them home before too long. Thank your brother for me, Ibarrio.
Just give it sometime. We will have worse things come from that border.

I FAVOR enforcing immigration laws, the Mexican way. You get told to stop, you run, you get shot in your buttocks. You get arrested for crossing illegally, you go to JAIL along with other criminals. No bond. You get deported and you come back? You get locked up in prison. Local cops enforce immigration laws. Military fully armed on the border with Humvees and tanks, if need be. All drug smugglers get shot upon entering.

Mexican-style immigration and border enforcement works. We should implement it here in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration