U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Maybe someday in the distant future...Mexicans will learn to be model minorities
every group has its bad apples. and there are plenty of mexicans with prestige and exemplary attributes.

your posts are really ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 PM

11,456 posts, read 8,133,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
every group has its bad apples. and there are plenty of mexicans with prestige and exemplary attributes.

You seem to be an illegal apologist. THERE ARE 2 MILLION ILLEGALS IN THIS COUNTRY! AND MORE COMMING IN EVERY DAY. Hardly a few "Bad apples". Get a clue

Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You seem to be an illegal apologist. THERE ARE 2 MILLION ILLEGALS IN THIS COUNTRY! AND MORE COMMING IN EVERY DAY. Hardly a few "Bad apples". Get a clue
you missed the point entirely. "mexicans" as you state can already serve as a model for greatness.

to think otherwise is ignorant and a generalization.

you might want to learn to use your words. you probably meant "illegals", right?

not mexicans.

but maybe with age you will learn how to express yourself a lil better.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:58 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:

Illegal aliens; most of whom happen to be Mexican nationals, are bad apples as a group.

Translation: said bad apples are a slap in the face of those Mexicans who did things by our rules.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:32 AM

17,449 posts, read 22,953,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
If you wanna see the contribution Asians make to a western society, go to Australia - the asians have colonized it..
And are regarded the same way Mexicans are in the US.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM

now does that mean that mexicans cant be exemplary individuals?
or a model minority?

illegals. we already got past that. but this numbskull does what a lot of other supposed anti-illegal people do, they pinpoint a particualr group, in this case (as in many) a mexican, or mexicans.

thats ignorant. dont try to defend ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Illegal aliens; most of whom happen to be Mexican nationals, are bad apples as a group.

Translation: said bad apples are a slap in the face of those Mexicans who did things by our rules.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 PM

could this be more mexican bashing!?!?!

it dont ever stop, do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
And are regarded the same way Mexicans are in the US.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:18 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,953,730 times
Quote:
could this be more mexican bashing!?!?!

it dont ever stop, do it?
As you know, I am not a Mexican basher. I have nothing against Mexicans whatsoever as a group. There are good and bad Mexicans, Chinese, Euro nationalities, Americans, Africans, etc. I am not fond of illegal immigration but not every illegal immigrant is a bad person by any means. I think too many people on this board focus on illegals (and I don't mean those who are involved in criminal activity or political extremism) rather than focus on what causes illegal immigration to occur and try to focus their energy on fixing those causes. To quote Mr. George Clinton, "if you don't like the effects, don't produce the cause".

I did not mean to give the impression that I was bashing Mexicans. Let me rephrase what I was saying: if the same people on this board who whine about Mexicans lived in Australia they'd be whining about Chinese. Australia's Chinese community tends as a whole to be less affluent than America's and there is still prejudice and hatred against them, although many Chinese-Australians have fit into Australian society quite well and non-bigoted Aussies know that there are good and bad Chinese just as non bigoted Americans know that there are good and bad Mexicans. However there is racist paranoia about Asians that is very deeply rooted in Australian history and culture, and, unlike in California, certain Australian cities - especially Sydney - still have white slums with a white underclass which is extremely resentful of said newcomers.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:37 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
As you know, I am not a Mexican basher. I have nothing against Mexicans whatsoever as a group. There are good and bad Mexicans, Chinese, Euro nationalities, Americans, Africans, etc. I am not fond of illegal immigration but not every illegal immigrant is a bad person by any means. I think too many people on this board focus on illegals (and I don't mean those who are involved in criminal activity or political extremism) rather than focus on what causes illegal immigration to occur and try to focus their energy on fixing those causes. To quote Mr. George Clinton, "if you don't like the effects, don't produce the cause".

I did not mean to give the impression that I was bashing Mexicans. Let me rephrase what I was saying: if the same people on this board who whine about Mexicans lived in Australia they'd be whining about Chinese. Australia's Chinese community tends as a whole to be less affluent than America's and there is still prejudice and hatred against them, although many Chinese-Australians have fit into Australian society quite well and non-bigoted Aussies know that there are good and bad Chinese just as non bigoted Americans know that there are good and bad Mexicans. However there is racist paranoia about Asians that is very deeply rooted in Australian history and culture, and, unlike in California, certain Australian cities - especially Sydney - still have white slums with a white underclass which is extremely resentful of said newcomers.
Australia racial attitudes are indeed different than theirs: any dark skinned non Aborigine/Negro person is referred to as a 'Wog'---------which would count most Aussies of Mexican heritage as well as Italians, Arabs and so on.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:30 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,974,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
I teach during the evenings at a local College. Almost without exception the best students are from China, India, Singapore and Korea. We also did an analysis of the best students in the High School I work at during the day, and 75% of them are from Asia.

I am convinced that the Asian Students are going to save America from it self when they grow up and get into the workplace.

But in the mean time Asia may kill America. They are growing so fast and work so hard! So many of the American Born Students are lazy and not so bright.

(I am a White American Born person)
I find it interesting that while Asians as a group seem to be about the best behaved, in terms of lower crime, and higher education, they are least represented in governmental positions of decison making. They, especially males, are basicly absent from American tv and movies, with the exception of 'superstars' like Jackie Chan. In America we tend to view then as weak or somewhat impotent, which is not highly respected in our macho culture. Even when an Asian reaches a high position, such as Genreal Shinseki, he was totally disrespected when he was summarily fired for uttering a comment that Rumsfeld disagreed with. There is a lot we could learn from their work ethic, but I don't think we are that interested. Let's just turn the channel to 'American Idol', shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or