U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:16 PM

148 posts, read 569,019 times

Advertisements

I teach during the evenings at a local College. Almost without exception the best students are from China, India, Singapore and Korea. We also did an analysis of the best students in the High School I work at during the day, and 75% of them are from Asia.

I am convinced that the Asian Students are going to save America from it self when they grow up and get into the workplace.

But in the mean time Asia may kill America. They are growing so fast and work so hard! So many of the American Born Students are lazy and not so bright.

(I am a White American Born person)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,024,810 times
I do not agree at all that American students are lazy, but your assessment of the pro-education values of our legal Asian immigrants and concomitant successes are correct, I believe.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM

1,020 posts, read 3,017,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
I do not agree at all that American students are lazy, but your assessment of the pro-education values of our legal Asian immigrants and concomitant successes are correct, I believe.
I never heard that word before. I had to look it up. That was pretty slick. Yes Asian chics, I meant Asians have brought a lot to our country. They're awesome peoples. Whoa I didn't even realize I was over here in the immigration forum either. I never post here.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:05 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
I teach during the evenings at a local College. Almost without exception the best students are from China, India, Singapore and Korea. We also did an analysis of the best students in the High School I work at during the day, and 75% of them are from Asia.

I am convinced that the Asian Students are going to save America from it self when they grow up and get into the workplace.

But in the mean time Asia may kill America. They are growing so fast and work so hard! So many of the American Born Students are lazy and not so bright.

We need to break this down a tad further:

Both S Korea and Singapore are at replacement level population growth so the potential supply of immigrants may be getting low.

As for China and India: considering that each nation has ca. 1 billion people; the odds are quite high that they would have large numbers of potentially good students.

Another thing to consider: many of our best 'White' people are fleeing the cold weather climates for the Sunbelt--------Virginia does not qualify. And of course: breeders we ain't anymore.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:33 PM

44 posts, read 63,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear;
We need to break this down a tad further:

Both S Korea and Singapore are at replacement level population growth so the potential supply of immigrants may be getting low.

As for China and India: considering that each nation has ca. 1 billion people; the odds are quite high that they would have large numbers of potentially good students.

Another thing to consider: many of our best 'White' people are fleeing the cold weather climates for the Sunbelt--------Virginia does not qualify. And of course: breeders we ain't anymore.
Not me, I'm leaving the "Sunbelt" (assuming that Texas qualifies) because there aren't enough of my people around here.

Personally, I'd rather live in a part of the country where some aspect of Euro-American culture still dominates, and that is increasingly becoming very difficult to find here in the American Southwest.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 PM

13,757 posts, read 23,245,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post

What kind of college and what type of course? What are your specific observations concerning students, how do you know who is foreign born?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:51 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianAmericanInTexas View Post
Not me, I'm leaving the "Sunbelt" (assuming that Texas qualifies) because there aren't enough of my people around here.

Personally, I'd rather live in a part of the country where some aspect of Euro-American culture still dominates, and that is increasingly becoming very difficult to find here in the American Southwest.
Things are still not bad in Arizona on Phx's latitude up north. Tucson; OTOH, is a different story-----and, I am not referring to just illegals and/or 'Hispanics' either.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:44 AM

608 posts, read 881,826 times
Don't blame the students, blame their parents for not promoting the values of education, hard work and the values of integrity and more importantly discipline!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,025,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Don't blame the students, blame their parents for not promoting the values of education, hard work and the values of integrity and more importantly discipline!
Students shouldn't get absolute immunity against responsibility for their own self-improvement. Your excuse on their behalf could spread to the parents. Don't blame the parents, because most of them don't develop their parenting skills in a vacuum. They gain the skills from what they observe. There's a cause for every negative consequence and effect out there. If blame requires the absence of negative influence upon your actions, then everyone's blameless.

Also, blaming one party doesn't prevent you from blaming another. Blame both the students and the parents. At some point, people need to just take responsibility for their own circumstances and actions.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,262,062 times
Bunch of cherry picking BS. In recent news, blacks in Queens have a higher average income than whites in Queens. How is this. The black carribean population living there. Now considering the black carribean population is smaller than the African american one, points to the fact that they are doing well enough to raise the average income of all blacks in Queens to the point of being higher than whites. But let's be fair. Many of these blacks immigrants where of the educated/upwardly mobile class back in their homelands. The same applies to Asian immigrants. Obviously you can't paint Asians in general just by the more ambitious ones who happen to be immigrating here to what many of them call "the mouth of gold" or "America, a big (explative) waiting to get fcked". Then you have Mexicans and Central Americans, the poorest of them just walking across a vast land border. Do any of you have any idea of how low the Japanese look upon their Korean and Chinese immigrants. They accuse them of causing more crime (cough, cough), sound familiar? We don't need any immigrants, we will be fine. It's when a majority of us start saying we're screwed unless we replace ourselves with people from other countries. That's when you worry, wtf....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or