Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:13 PM

162 posts, read 326,278 times

Advertisements

This is incredible... while millions of mexicans come to the US illegally, they dont allow illegal people from Cuba making their way to America. Mexico not only go after cubans looking for freedom, they also deport them right in the spot and not even back to Cuba, they are send to Guatemala!!!!
What a nerve, so Mexicans can do whatever they want, complain about human rights and all the bla bla bla, but they DO get rid of illegals without any mercy.
Maybe we should start deporting Mexicans to Cuba...I wonder if they have the guts to leave the island the way most cubans do, in a boat or any floating device...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
It does show a certain amount of hypocrisy, I agree. But I believe the thinking is, "who CARES what Mexico does? We're not Mexico, and we're supposed to be BETTER than that".

I know it's frustrating, and it takes a lot of character not to 'compare'. It makes it even HARDER when the illegals arriving here begin to harshly criticize the US, while singing nostalgic praises for "querido Mexico".

But that's "the way it is". For further details, refer to the "what is white guilt?" thread on the "politics" forum. It will explain the confusion in the terms "white" and "western protestant"..and goes into detail about just the sort of discrepancies your post brings up.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
This is incredible... while millions of mexicans come to the US illegally, they dont allow illegal people from Cuba making their way to America. Mexico not only go after cubans looking for freedom, they also deport them right in the spot and not even back to Cuba, they are send to Guatemala!!!!
What a nerve, so Mexicans can do whatever they want, complain about human rights and all the bla bla bla, but they DO get rid of illegals without any mercy.
Maybe we should start deporting Mexicans to Cuba...I wonder if they have the guts to leave the island the way most cubans do, in a boat or any floating device...
Hence in part why Mexico is so hypocritical: do as I say; don't do as I do.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:03 PM

162 posts, read 326,278 times
Is time to apply the same principle, if Mexicans are illegally here, they need to be deported right away, just like they do to cubans in Mexico. Whats is right for Mexico should be good for the US as well, no more illegals here. Hasta la vista big sombreros.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:11 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
So the people of the Mexican Government who are preventing immigrants to Mexico, are the one's illegally immigrating into the United States?

Riiiiiiight.

You should be thanking them. Most of those people are heading towards the U.S. anyways.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:32 AM

608 posts, read 1,004,711 times
Since when is it a crime to leave a country no matter what country it is? When countries prevent their citizens from leaving we accuse them as being dictatorships or worse totalitarian societies. The crime is entering a country without proper authorization/papers/passport/visa to enter not leaving a country.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
So the people of the Mexican Government who are preventing immigrants to Mexico, are the one's illegally immigrating into the United States?

Not at all. THose people have it far too good to ever leave. What's really happening, is that the People of the Mexican Government are making life so hard for their own poor, that these POOR are seeking relief by illegally entering the US. Then, instead of 'hanging their heads in shame' for what they've done, the People of the Mexican Government are loudly criticizing the People of the United States for mistreating the poor people....the same poor people who were forced to flee the poverty visited upon them by the People of the Mexican Government.

It's like if I beat up my son....he flees for his own safety, and goes to stay on your sofa....and I criticize you for not letting him have his own room. Then I 'pop in' for a visit, just to make sure you're treating him right.

THAT'S what it's like.........

Old 06-28-2008, 08:59 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's like if I beat up my son....he flees for his own safety, and goes to stay on your sofa....and I criticize you for not letting him have his own room. Then I 'pop in' for a visit, just to make sure you're treating him right.

THAT'S what it's like.........
Absolutely! Great analogy.

In addition…..you complain that your son isn’t being fed dinner at 6pm sharp, and try to dictate the menu. Now that’s gall!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! Great analogy.

In addition…..you complain that your son isn’t being fed dinner at 6pm sharp, and try to dictate the menu. Now that’s gall!
Thanks...it DOES get lonely sometimes, here in 'the asylum'....

Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 AM

3 posts, read 10,472 times
Default It looks like you're mad at people

MY SELF I AM AN ILLEGAL ALLIEN LIVING IN MEXICO, I'M FROM A REMOTE PART OF PERU, SO WHAT, THIS GREAT COUNTRY MEXICO HAS ONE OF THE GREATEST CULTURAL DIVERSITY, AND HISTORY LIKE NO OTHER COUNTRY, AND I AM VERY THANKFUL, AND IT HAS ALLOW ME LEARN ALOT OF THINGS THE WHITE PEOPLE LACK, WHICH IS HONESTY. U.S. CITIZEN WILL ALWAYS HAVE THEIR EYES ON MEXICO JUST BECAUSE IS THE BRIDGE FOR MANY PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TO GAIN ACCESS INTO THE STATES, BUT ALWAYS HAVE A WHITE LIE READY TO UNLEASH AGAINST THEIR CITIZENS. SO TO ME JUST LIKE ANY OTHER COUNTRY, MEXICO HAS ITS OWN LAWS, TRY TO GO TO CUBA AND SEE WHAT YOUR GOVERNMENT WILL TELL YOU...LET ME KNOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration