U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 04:51 PM

21,157 posts, read 25,565,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Let me ask you a question why and how the hell did comprehensive immigration reform pass the senate in 2006? Do you mean to tell me that the "american people" didn't know about the bill then?The fact is 2007 was dangerously close to an election year and most spineless politicians didn't have the guts to do what was right.
You are correct: till employer sanctions laws are passed and enforced nationwide coupled with mass deportations, etc; I do agree with you that our politicians are spineless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 05:03 PM

15,181 posts, read 9,729,209 times
Quote:
LOL, if you think a good percentage of blacks are going to vote for a repulican(McCain), then you are not living in reality.

I do not need amnesty but i will sure sit back and enjoy the pain of the anti-immigrant crowd when CIR is passed in the future.

I know it scares you Benicar but it won't be the end of the world for you.
They don't have to vote for McCain, to not vote for Obama. Perhaps you don’t need amnesty; only you know for sure. I tend to believe you do.

Scared? Not hardly. Please explain why I should be afraid?

To answer your question regarding the difference between 2006 and 2007 -- many people were simply not aware of the massive invasion. We are wide awake now, and will do everything in our power to defeat any and every amnesty bill.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:07 PM

21,157 posts, read 25,565,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They don't have to vote for McCain, to not vote for Obama. Perhaps you don’t need amnesty; only you know for sure. I tend to believe you do.

Scared? Not hardly. Please explain why I should be afraid?

To answer your question regarding the difference between 2006 and 2007 -- many people were simply not aware of the massive invasion. We are wide awake now, and will do everything in our power to defeat any and every amnesty bill.
As Benicar stated; the sleeping giant is now awake......and pissed, to be polite

Old 06-28-2008, 05:46 PM

8,193 posts, read 7,555,010 times
Quote:
Is that why the two presidential candidates are fighting for the support of "pro illegal fans"?

Are they so stupid that they will go against the will of the american people? Or do they know most americans support both enforcement and a path to legalization?
What Obama and McCain are doing is pandering for the Hispanic vote. They believe that whichever party grants amnesty (by whatever name they wish to call it) first will be the party that will have millions of loyal voters. Our country is being sold out by both the dnc and gop so that they can grow their power bases and supply cheap labor to corporations.

It has nothing to do with what the American people think on the matter. The American people do not support amnest, er I mean a path to citizenship. What we do support is a path back to their countries of origin.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:23 PM

2,057 posts, read 2,142,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
“Compromise is but the sacrifice of one right or good in the hope of retaining another--too often ending in the loss of both.”
Tryon Edwards
That's pathetically naive.

Quote:
I do not need amnesty but i will sure sit back and enjoy the pain of the anti-immigrant crowd when CIR is passed in the future.
You think so? When the under-educated portions of your family are getting poorer and you're waiting in line behind welfare-cases for medical attention, we'll see how much you enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
It has nothing to do with what the American people think on the matter. The American people do not support amnest, er I mean a path to citizenship. What we do support is a path back to their countries of origin.
I think that's an oversimplification. People want cheap oil and they'll trade the border for it. They want socialized health care and they'll trade the border for it... They want everything but personal responsibility... and as long as a politician will promise them less responsibility-- Rep or Dem-- they'll give anything for it.

People don't want the border secure. They want the crimaliens housed and taxes lower. They want illegals cared for at emergency rooms and educated in public schools, but want taxes cheaper. People are just stupid.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:35 PM

8,972 posts, read 10,275,902 times
Quote:
Even IF what you are saying is true( which is not), African Americans will never vote for a republican over a democrat( and that is a fact).
I agree. THose African Americans are 'slick'...and most of the time, they can almost seem 'normal'. But get them into that voting booth, and the truth comes out. They just CAN'T vote for a Republican..it's genetic !....

(MOST people don't know this 'inside stuff', so don't spread it around)..

Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 3,994,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
That's pathetically naive.
Darlin', it's not nearly as naive as this profound thought:

Quote:
Under McCain, have the problem fixed once and for all.
What a hoot! Amnesty by whatever name you care to call it will work about as well as it did in 1986. That is, not at all.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,652,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I agree. THose African Americans are 'slick'...and most of the time, they can almost seem 'normal'. But get them into that voting booth, and the truth comes out. They just CAN'T vote for a Republican..it's genetic !....

They could vote republican but certainly not in the next election cycle.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:06 PM

2,057 posts, read 2,142,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Darlin', it's not nearly as naive as this profound thought:

What a hoot! Amnesty by whatever name you care to call it will work about as well as it did in 1986. That is, not at all.
Please don't refer to me as "darlin". It makes me feel uncomfortable.

I think McCain will complete the fence. If that's true, that's the compromise we're facing (barring an influx of anti-illegal alien legislators this cycle). I'd rather have the fence and all that scum legalized than have all that scum legalized and more scum still easily crossing the border.

What other choice is there? Waste a vote?

Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 AM

3,173 posts, read 4,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

It says it all in voting trends. I dont think he means its impossible for a Black to vote republican, of course many do. But voting trends show that the majority of Blacks traditionally vote Democrat.

I don't know why you guys are debating that.

Next thing you know, I'm going to start hearing that NY votes republican.

Last edited by amc760; 06-29-2008 at 02:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration