Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:26 PM

136 posts, read 292,266 times

Advertisements

Herald & Review | News: Mitchell to introduce legislation to deny All Kids enrollment to children of illegal immigrants (http://www.herald-review.com/articles/2008/06/27/news/local/1033630.txt - broken link)

Quote:
DECATUR - State Rep. Bill Mitchell, R-Forsyth, thinks it's time for the state to stop providing health insurance to the children of illegal immigrants.
That's nice proposal. Wouldn't it be much better if this was applied to ALL illegal immigrants?

Anyway, nice job to Mitchell for having the balls to oppose those health care freeloaders.

I wonder how long it'll take before some groups like La Raza and Mecha start crying racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 06:31 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,403 times
Some judges will definently throw that out as discrimination, considering those children are U.S. Citizensh. He doesn't have to be concerned, no Latino electorate to give him the boot.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Who says illegal immigrants get medicaid?

Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I think it should be denied to anyone who isn't a citizen of the US. If the minor child is a citizen of the US because they are an anchor child then I don't know how they will legally back up denying them coverage.

YOu would be surprised at how many benefits illegals get. Who do you think pays for their education, yes we the tax payers do. They are put in school right next to our children, even if they were not born here. I met a girl at my college who is illegal along with her entire family, she had no problem getting into school even at a state school even though she was here illegally.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:40 PM

219 posts, read 425,185 times
Great news, just bringing this stuff up even though these proposals probably won't get passed is important. It shows these illegal aliens that people are sick of them mooching, them and their anchor babies. I hope more and more people speak up!

Old 06-28-2008, 06:42 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
[quote=blacknight04;4267459]Who says illegal immigrants get medicaid?

i know for a fact that pregnant illegals get prenatal and post-natal care. i went to a medicaid training where they told us that (and this in the conservative state of texas). then of course, the baby/child gets free medical care and education b/c poof!, it's now a citizen! it is a problem that mushrooms more with time. it won't stop until we put an end to the the anchor babies issue.

did anyone read the article? it is DISGUSTING that you actually have to bribe a person for them to get something free off of the taxpayer. i consider myself to be a liberal/moderate, but that is ultra-liberal and "nanny state" at best.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:47 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I do, care to disprove?????

Old 06-28-2008, 08:29 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Some judges will definently throw that out as discrimination, considering those children are U.S. Citizensh. He doesn't have to be concerned, no Latino electorate to give him the boot.
What are you talking about? Children who were born in other countries but brought to the US illegally by their parents are not US citizens.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This is a joke, right?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:53 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
When a person goes to a hospital who can't pay, they can give information about their circumstances such as how much they make at work and the hospital can wave all fees AND later they can turn this debt over to Medicaid. Its not just peope who apply for Medicaid that benefit from it.

THEN of course there are the many illegal aliens who have fake identification showing them to be LEGAL, that way they can file for all kinds of benefits and it appear they are going to legal American citizens.

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE, they are breaking the laws of this country while someone like me, a tax payer can't get a job that includes medical insurance but doesn't make low enough to qualify for Medicaid. How is that right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration