U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:16 PM

1,013 posts, read 4,062,552 times

Advertisements

He's discussing his commitment to amnesty for illegals as his top priority:

The Swamp: McCain: immigration 'top priority'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 12:56 PM

136 posts, read 256,902 times
How despicable of him. If he somehow wins the presidential election, which I PRAY that he doesn't, I hope that he'll act like most politicians by not staying true to his word.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
"We must also understand that there are 12 million people here and they are hear illegally but they are God's children, they are God's children," McCain said, pounding the podium as he repeated the words., "and must be treated as such."
Our prisons are also full of “God’s children” -- but that doesn’t absolve them of their crimes. Sadly, he and Obama are like two peas in a pod regarding amnesty for illegal aliens.

I hope you're right, mdonaldson. I hope they are true to form, and are simply pandering for votes, with no intentions of delivering on their promises.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:19 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,029,533 times
Here's your choice: Under McCain, have the problem fixed once and for all. Or, under Obama, have the border open and get to wait in line behind illegals for the health care you-- and not them-- are paying for.

Welcome to the real world. Compromise sucks. If it didn't suck, it wouldn't be hard.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
HAHA a vote for John McAmnesty is a vote for Amnesty.

So all you fine conservatives out there, please go out and vote for him.

LOL

Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,029,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
HAHA a vote for John McAmnesty is a vote for Amnesty.

So all you fine conservatives out there, please go out and vote for him.

LOL
That's it. The aliens won... just like they did last time. At this point, the question is how much will they win?

Old 06-28-2008, 01:57 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Here's your choice: Under McCain, have the problem fixed once and for all. Or, under Obama, have the border open and get to wait in line behind illegals for the health care you-- and not them-- are paying for.

Welcome to the real world. Compromise sucks. If it didn't suck, it wouldn't be hard.
Apparently; there is some bad blood between the 'Hispanic' community as a whole and Obama.

Face it: if he supports the 'amnesty thing' (most illegals happen to be either Mexican or Central American); Obama will enrage the Blacks.

Remember that Blacks and Latinos are equally balanced as percentages of the total population here in the USA.

Too; it seems that prejudice is fading out towards AA's as well------but, burgeoning against Spanish speakers whether they are legal or not.

We are living in interesting times, my friends. I just hope that innocent people do not get hurt.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Apparently; there is some bad blood between the 'Hispanic' community as a whole and Obama.

Face it: if he supports the 'amnesty thing' (most illegals happen to be either Mexican or Central American); Obama will enrage the Blacks.

Remember that Blacks and Latinos are equally balanced as percentages of the total population here in the USA.

Too; it seems that prejudice is fading out towards AA's as well------but, burgeoning against Spanish speakers whether they are legal or not.

We are living in interesting times, my friends. I just hope that innocent people do not get hurt.
Even IF what you are saying is true( which is not), African Americans will never vote for a republican over a democrat( and that is a fact).

Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Here's your choice: Under McCain, have the problem fixed once and for all.
Seems to me I've heard that somewhere before.................I believe the year was 1986.

Quote:
Or, under Obama, have the border open and get to wait in line behind illegals for the health care you-- and not them-- are paying for.
Good Lord, we've had exactly this scenario playing out for decades now. Where have you been?

Quote:
“Compromise is but the sacrifice of one right or good in the hope of retaining another--too often ending in the loss of both.”
Tryon Edwards

Last edited by andreabeth; 06-28-2008 at 03:28 PM..

Old 06-28-2008, 03:19 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Even IF what you are saying is true( which is not), African Americans will never vote for a republican over a democrat( and that is a fact).
Really? Care to share your source of this revelation? Or do you possess supernatural powers enabling you to enter the hearts and minds of black people? Was this an acquired skill, or is it innate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration