U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 06:05 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
While O'Donovan may focus on promoting white culture, some of the posters on the Web site's forums express less tolerant views, including the open use of racial epithets.
Quote:
The forum post announcing the July 5 event mentions the Hudson Police Department's arrest of several illegal immigrants on trespassing charges in 2005. It also claims an influx of Hispanic immigrants to Nashua has led to an increase in "graffiti, crime and drugs."
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articleAID=/20080630/NEWS01/460691214 (broken link)

How patriotic of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 06:50 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,173,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articleAID=/20080630/NEWS01/460691214 (broken link)

How patriotic of them.
Well the link does not work-so I will not comment on an article that I cannot read other than to say-if this is a hate group it is disgusting-white hate is as disgusting as hispanic, black and any hate group.

However, I will comment on Nashua, NH, since I lived there from 1999-2001 and I am usually there a few times a month. I have friends still there-including Americans of Hispanic descent and I hear from them all the garbage that goes on in certain areas. There has been a huge influx of illegals and legal immigrants and a majority are hispanic/latino. How do I know the majority are? Well it is on the news, in the newspaper and everything in Nashua at government agency is now in Spanish. Some jobs you cannot get unless you speak Spanish. There are areas of Nashua that I would not walk through now that I would back then. There is an area now that has gang type problems called French Hill. It has been covered on the news, in the newspapers, etc . People who have lived in Nashua their whole lives no longer feel safe in certain areas because of gang-like activities, guys chasing after another with machetes, gunshots fired in the street. And you do see graffitti tagging like you never did before-it is disgusting. I am not saying all of this is commited by people who are hispanic/illegal. However the majority are. How do I know? When the news is reported, they list their home country. Again-those here illegally-this crime never should have occured. We have enough American criminals- I am sick of taking the rest of the world's criminals too.

Also-everytime they tried to put an amnesty through in the past few years-we always had to have articles on the "undocumented" population of Nashua and they would concentrate on illegals-many who owned businesses-from places like Brazil, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Guatamala. etc. Are there illegalls from other areas? I am sure there are but they are not as prevalent. I still wonder where the illegals get $$ to open a business

While I was unable to read your article, I want nothing to do with any hate group. However, seeing Nashua change so quickly, all government signs in Spanish, violence, gangs starting is a very bad thing and people have a right to protest that-even hateful disgusting people. That does not mean that others-like myself-who also are against this-are anything like a hate group. Sorry to disappoint you but not everyone against illegals and gangs are racists.

As many have said before-yes crimes are comitted by Americans too. However, we don't need the rest of the world's criminals. Crimes comitted by illegals were preventable 100% because they should have never been here in the first place. And also-if you are coming here legally-learn English and don't commit crimes and join a gang. Is that too much to ask? In my opinion, if you legally come here and join a gang or commit similar crimes-the USA should give you a one-way ticket home as well and you should never be allowed to come here again. There are enough law abiding people who want to come here and be part of America the right way. Why the hell should lawbreakers-illegals or legal-be in front of them?

Last edited by nicolem; 06-30-2008 at 07:05 AM..

Old 06-30-2008, 06:53 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:

How patriotic of them.
White supremacist groups should be handled the same as La Raza and other racist groups: if the people involved are respectful, that is one thing-------otherwise, put 'em in their place.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:11 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Increasing balkanization in a society...and an atmosphere of "group rights, group entitlements, and group recognition".....("Them vs Us", if you will).....will inevitably lead to silly 'pride' movements.....that's human nature. Want to be in a "group"? Fine !....then I'll be in MY group, and we'll see whose group is the cleverest.

"Those who can't 'hang together', will 'hang separately', " as the man said.

Nyaaaaaa ---nya !!! MY group's cooler than YOUR group....SO THERE !....

Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 PM

559 posts, read 1,180,345 times
Default Why not?

Nothing for nothing but personally the recent "__________ Power" comments made by blacks and hispanics during recent award's (TV and Broadway) got me wondering when a whites would do the same thing.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:48 PM

3,454 posts, read 6,438,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Nothing for nothing but personally the recent "__________ Power" comments made by blacks and hispanics during recent award's (TV and Broadway) got me wondering when a whites would do the same thing.
I have felt the same way for a long time...and have been certain that as soon as whites proclaim any sort of ethnic pride, they would be automatically labeled racist and hate groups.

(This may or may not be the case here so I can't judge on this; I have NOT read the article)

Old 06-30-2008, 02:27 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:

How patriotic of them.
This might work better for you Nashuatelegraph.com: 'White pride' group plans Hudson rally (http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS01/460691214 - broken link)

Old 06-30-2008, 06:44 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Not surprising. I expect it to get worse long before it gets better. After all, what segment of the population tends to be racists? Usually the poor and uneducated. Who is coming across the border illegally? The poor and uneducated. So, now we have two groups of people who are going to be competing against each other for jobs and neighborhoods. Who will get the jobs? Scabs...er, underbidding illegals. We have seen the tension in LA, how can we be surprised that it is going to happen in other towns and cities across the country? As the economy tanks, expect a lot more tension if not out and out hatred. And I can't say that I blame the blue collar American whites or blacks for it. They see their jobs going to illegals, who then protest that they aren't getting enough social benefits........of course they are going to be angry. To pretend otherwise is very shortsighted.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Most of the Hispanic nations have jumped on the illegal immigration to America band wagon. No shame, no pride.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:04 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I have felt the same way for a long time...and have been certain that as soon as whites proclaim any sort of ethnic pride, they would be automatically labeled racist and hate groups.

(This may or may not be the case here so I can't judge on this; I have NOT read the article)
Lots of whites proclaim ethnic pride without being labelled racist. Irish Pride. Italian Pride. Etc.

When they start saying "white pride" and words like "aryan" come up, its starts getting a little scary.

But even I have thought about the double standard of Black Pride and Brown Pride being accepted while yelling White pride is like drawing a giant swastika on your forehead.

At the same time, I can't shake the association of having "white pride" with racism while Black, Brown, and Asian pride seem acceptable. No matter how hard I try to be open-minded.

But claiming ethnic pride among white people actually seemed cool to me. I actually think European cultures in America can be a cool thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or