U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I don't believe I should have to learn Spanish to get a job in America.
Are you serious???

-----------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 05:41 PM

25 posts, read 68,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
Do you realize what you just said?

If we follow along the lines of allowing millions of these people to continue to take over our towns, and cities, and drag down our country, to the point where there only the two classes of people, we will then mirror the country they are leaving!

Our government is not protecting the citizens, just like the country you portray. OUR GOVERNMENT IS IN THE HANDS OF CORPORATE AMERICA!

We must all wake up, and face the fact that we are on the brink of disaster as a country. We are fast becoming a third world country.

NOW IS THE TIME to take our country back, before it is too little, too late.
Wow
I couldn't of said it better
Thanks for your honesty

Old 02-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Default oops

Sorry all, if I said the wrong thing

Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM

I'm seeing a trend...

Angry White Folks want complete society segregation from African Americans...

Angry White Folks want illegal immigrants to have no rights and be deported...

"White Man's Burden"

Old 02-11-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
And remember, this is AMERICA - the burden of proof is on the accuser. The government would have to prove that a company knowingly hired illegal aliens in order for the company to be found guilty. And that is not easy considering many illegals have forged documents like social security cards, birth certificates, etc.

The companies are not 'document analysts'. They cannot tell beyond a doubt that a document is forged or if it is genuine. That is the main reason why no law of this nature has passed - yet.

Do you think we can start finger printing these folks and have a data base that will track their status? No doc would be needed...??? If the print didn't match the employer would know. I think it's a good idea.
Good luck on it's passing though, many would scream Im sure.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:15 PM

Default just plain sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I'm seeing a trend...

Angry White Folks want complete society segregation from African Americans...

Angry White Folks want illegal immigrants to have no rights and be deported...

"White Man's Burden"
This makes me sad What has happened to our country?

Old 02-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Default funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but they seem too adapt to snow. I live where it snows 6-7 months out of the year and they found us and are as happy as can be.
LOL I just cracked up at this comment
Thanks for the smiles!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:23 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shells View Post
This makes me sad What has happened to our country?

He's always blaming "White Folks" for everything...I can't help it if his girlfriend was from Mexico and he's upset that people are against the Illegals from Mexico. I don't think he's that old either, around 20, lives with at home.

I seldom see anyone on here post their race/color. He's just generalizing the Whites as he does in many of his posts.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
He's always blaming "White Folks" for everything....
Your right! We need more focus on the 'dirty illegal criminals.' Shoot, I never get my priorities straight.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 PM

Unhappy so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This is nothing more than an attempt to distract from the issue at hand. If the statement were made, 'millions of Americans shop for groceries each week', would you feel you needed to go out and interview each one of the millions of grocery shoppers before accepting the statement as true?

Wildberries61's strongly voiced underlying complaint, I suspect, is that many illegal aliens seem to be taking advantage of the safety net of social services and medical care in the US. This system was put in place to provide for needy American citizens requiring assistance. It was never intended to serve as the provider of medical care for millions of citizens of other countries who are here illegally. It is widely known that illegals use ER's as a primary health care provider since (thanks to the EMTALA passed in 1986) anyone who enters an ER with any complaint must be treated. If you can provide me with evidence that this is NOT occuring, I will be very pleased.

Below are excerpts from a Dec 2006 article in the NC Times:

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12/25/news/state/122401122509.txt (broken link)

And here is an excerpt from an Oct 2006 article in the NYTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/19/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

Now, this is the most amazing thing........why is it that the US taxpayer is left to foot the bill for the medical care of illegal aliens while at the same time said aliens are sending billions to their home countries? One is led to suspect that a signicant number of these individuals who have come to the US 'only because they seek a better life for themselves and their families' feel little to no allegiance to the country they have illegally entered or they would not behave as they do. If there was any desire to become a member of American society they would not do things like show up at an ER, give a fictitious name and information and promptly disappear once care has been provided leaving the bill to be paid by the US taxpayer.
All the while sending their own money out of the country. I do not consider the flagrant disregard of US law and playing the US taxpayer as a patsy to be evidence of anything other than a desire to 'game the system'. Surely we expect better than this of potential citizens.

I agree. I am a ER nurse at a county hospital in Los Angeles. It is absolutely unbelievable the volume of illegals in our ER everyday. If people only realized the horrific impact it has taken on all of us in this country. The billions it costs us annually, and my kids classroom doesn't have enough books for them..hmmmm.
I do feel for these people, but when is enough...enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or