U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-11-2007, 07:27 AM

109 posts, read 128,401 times
[quote=perfecttan01;436911]I also hear the word hate mentioned here often.
I hate no human being on earth, I have compassion for everyone, I am a devout christian, I am also an American.
I believe in god, I believe in our country, I believe in our laws, I believe in protection for our citizens, including our jobs and way of life .
I know we cannot save the world.
I believe in equality for all mankind, therefore I am definately not a racist.
I believe the word illegal, means illegal.
I do not believe that being an illegal gives you special and exclusive priveleges over the rest of the world.[/QUOTE

Could this be the ignorant, hate filled statement, that has no substance, they are referring to?]
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
All of it superstar...real interaction = real observation = valid opinion.

Don't agree cool? that too is also valid.

(your reasons why you don't agree might or might not be valid)

...Review Redbird's post:

"Ain't that a whoopin. Why no response?

This thread has been rehashed so many times you are now preaching to the choir.

Many have opted to steer clear of the forum posts where minds are set and no amount of discussion is going to change it or more importantly the situation. It becomes endless rhetoric.

Your anger at the illegal situation is valid, but a day late and a whoopin short.

I am not pro illegal, I was raised around SOCAL and made quite a few perceptions by going to school and working side by side with illegals. And my perceptions are there are criminals and slackers, but there are just as many men and women who can work circles around you or me. It would take 100 statue of liberty's on the desert border to make them all legal. I wonder if your anger would subside then. And a 100 more prisons to lock up all the scum that comes in with the tide.

Are not we all bearing the brunt as taxpayers? I saw the influx of illegals from the southern border back in 1972 hit SE Los Angeles. Here it is 2007 and you are grandstanding and posturing like you have beat down the "pro-illegals" with some mind-numbing question illegal-defying brand spanking new slant. While you are thumping your chest, the border is still open and all the problems still exist. Ain't that a whoopin?"
Now, this is a real valid, to the point statement with all kinds of substance,
and definately to the point, if you are trying to avoid the point.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

Aww, perfecttan, there, there, shh, yes (pat pat on shoulder while giving a hug) come here and tell it all to daddy redbird, ohh, don''t let those nasty human beings with perfect tans get you down. (GO AHEAD, Perfecttan, slap me for that one, I deserve it.)

I read somewhere the US GOVT "allowed" Native Americans to be citizens of the US in 1924. Now I see the moccasin fits a little tight on your anglo feet but tell me how does it feel to understand how the Natives felt when you "legal citizens" came to this country and put up that damn statue of liberty saying "bring me your ..."

DOH!
Now, I must agree, this is a valid, to the point statement, with much substance.
If you are an illegal, with little education, trying to change the subject, and maybe a little upset that my statement hit home.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:39 AM

If any of these statements are unvalid, chest thumping, immature, contain no substance, have nothing to do with the issue.
Someone please tell me, and I promise I will withdraw from debating the issue, period.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 PM

534 posts, read 826,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
The government does not appear to care about anyone but illegals and elites.
People that are so sympathetic to illegals should visit some indian reservations if they want to see poverty.
We never took anything from illegals, therefore we owe them nothing.
We did take from native americans, where is all the sympathy for them and their situation?
There are numerous illegal symp groups, where are the groups for the native americans?
Do you want to know the difference between illegals and native americans?
Native Americans are a proud people .
I too am part American Indian, Cherokee on my Mother's side. What was done to the Indian then is being done to us now, more or less. What goes around...
but enough talk, it is time for action, no? go to www.weneedafence.com and sign the petition to build a fence at the border of Mexico! Call your reps, email them, write letters, whatever, just do something before it is too late!
How about we stop paying taxes until they stop letting in illegals? Now that sounds like a plan!

Last edited by Floridanative2; 03-12-2007 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: error

Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,952,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
I too am part American Indian, Cherokee on my Mother's side. What was done to the Indian then is being done to us now, more or less. What goes around...
but enough talk, it is time for action, no? go to www.weneedafence.com and sign the petition to build a fence at the border of Mexico! Call your reps, email them, write letters, whatever, just do something before it is too late!
How about we stop paying taxes until they stop letting in illegals? Now that sounds like a plan!

Same here, my grandmother is full cherokee on my mother's side, and Irish on my Dad's side. I've made phone calls,sent e-mail and letters til I'm blue in the face, and can't even remember how many petitions I've signed for different things. Our elected officials are hell bent on turning the good ol' U.S.of A into a 3rd world country.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM

1,700 posts, read 4,352,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
Do illegal immigrants really harm your way of life in a signficant way?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:51 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,719,374 times
Yes they do. Get over it and stop egging on with your repitious bs.

They are destroying lots of towns. Nice parks are being taken over with filth.
Many people are fed up. It's time to stop the ILLEGALS

Old 08-04-2007, 06:59 PM

1,210 posts, read 82,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
That comment just oozes ignorance! There is not one person who hires an illegal immagrant out of compassion. They hire illegal immagrants because they do not have to pay them as much as a legal citizen. COMPASSION... SOMEBODY SHOW COMPASSION....OH GOD WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN.
I think are turn coat politicians show the illegal's enough "compassion".
WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?? I don't care about their anchor babies. Deport them with the illegals that made them.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:29 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,176,884 times
dusesean1986: The problem with your position is that you assume that the U.S. can accommodate as many illegals as possible. This is simply not the case. There is nothing wrong with controlled immigration, but illegal immigration has gotten to the point where it is putting significant stresses on U.S. society. Here are the problems, as I see them:

1) huge cuts in health care and educational programs in order to accommodate and subsidize the needs of illegal immigrants;
2) population in the U.S. has already surpassed sustainable levels: the land itself simply cannot accommodate another 100 million people (which, at the current rate of immigration--legal and illegal--is predicted to happen in about 40 years);
3) not stopping illegal immigration ensures that Mexico (the richest nation in Latin America) never take responsibility for its own citizens: why should it, when it can export poverty and its attendant problems to the U.S., and gain in revenue through monies sent back home? Easier to do that than to actually provide its people with health care, education, and employment. The constant flow over the border, therefore, has no reason to stop--from Mexico's point of view. The survival of this nation's infrastructure--long-term--as well as of the land, however, seriously depends on all illegal immigration stopping: now. Can you seriously expect, therefore, the U.S. to continue to allow this increase in population, non-stop, for the foreseeable future?;
4) the U.S. is a sovereign nation which, like any other nation (including Mexico), has the right to define its own immigration borders, as well as the duty to provide for its own citizens first and foremost;
5) Americans should not be required to subsidize the citizens of another nation. They have every right to expect that their elected officials will represent their rights over and above the rights of citizens from other nations. And this is a reasonable expectation in any democracy, not just the U.S.;
6) The automatic defense of illegal immigrants is--in a very strange way--kind of racist. It assumes that the illegal immigrants from Latin America (80% of all illegal immigrants are Latino) are innocent victims of circumstance. This may be true in some cases, but it certainly is not true in many cases. Many people who immigrate here illegally do so not because they are destitute, but because they simply want to live here. Well, so do people all over the world, and those people have to wait their turn.
7) Because I believe people are people, whatever their race or culture, I do not automatically excuse people from illegal or threatening behavior simply based on their race or economic status: It is egregiously obnoxious, for example, for illegal immigrants to scream "racist" whenever someone is against illegal immigration. There are many valid and justifiable arguments against illegal immigration, many more than I have listed above. It is, moreover, a tactic that the pro-amnesty lobby uses quite effectively. They know very well which rhetoric will succeed, and which will not: they are not stupid.

Do I think the U.S. has a lot of explaining to do, historically, as regards their political and economic policies, vis-a-vis Mexico? Of course. Most nations of the world have tyranny in their past and/or present. But this does not give Mexican citizens, nor the government of Mexico, the right to force American citizens into subsidizing them, and doing so through threat, intimidation, and underhanded rhetorical manipulation.

And yes, I realize that not all illegal immigrants are from south of the border. But the problem is in numbers, not race, and the numbers which are pushing the tipping point are the result of the lack of respect by Mexicans and their government for the sovereignty of U.S. borders.

I do not believe in deporting people, since they wouldn't be here if American business and government hadn't been purposely turning a blind eye, for economic gain. I believe (and this is, of course, only my opinion) that all people in the country illegally (Mexican, Salvadoran, Irish, French, German, whomever) should be required to return home and apply for a renewable work visa. I also believe that heavy fines should be levied against any employer--no matter how small--who employs illegal workers--so that those who refuse to return home to apply for a visa will be forced to do so, eventually, since it will be much harder to find a job without one. I believe this is the only workable solution (in addition to securing the borders) that will work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration