U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:29 PM

504 posts, read 1,620,295 times

Advertisements

When a company hires you, it has to send your proof of who you are to the govt, and then the govt is supposed to let you know in a reasonable amount of time if you are legal. The key is reasonable amount of time, and that often is a year or more.
When I get pulled over for a driving infraction the police officer can tell whether I have a legal licence or not in minutes, why does it take the government forever to do what can be done instantly. Interesting as I have said before the Government wants them here and will postpone any way of getting them to leave. You may as well get used to them. get rid of your prejudices and try to help them assimilate. May be you could babysit for their children[citizens] while they go back to Mexico and ask George Bush if they can come back in, that's another of his great ideas, send some of them back and then have them ask to come back. He thinks they will go willingly all the way back to Mexico and South and central America. Mexico has said they will not take them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 03:01 PM

405 posts, read 1,131,160 times
There is a case pending that will determine what can and will be done with companies that hire illegal aliens.

On April 26, 2006 the Supreme Court heard Mohawk Industries, Inc. v. Williams, which concerned what sort of corporations fell under the scope of RICO. Mohawk Industries had allegedly hired illegal alliens, in violation of RICO. The court will decide whether or not Mohawk Industries, along with recruiting agencies, constitutes an 'enterprise' that can be prosecuted under RICO.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:06 AM

1,393 posts, read 871,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
Go north young man, the colder the better. Look for places that sell snowmobiles and you'll find fewer illegal aliens. I'm headed to South Dakota in May (leaving Houston). I simply cannot be a minority in my own country any longer and will not allow my son to suffer the racism anymore.

Demographics are listed for most cities and towns on this site as well as the greatschools site.
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but they seem too adapt to snow. I live where it snows 6-7 months out of the year and they found us and are as happy as can be.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:15 AM

1,393 posts, read 871,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
Man, I didn't expect to start a computer war or be called a racist, which I am not, considering my wife is of spainish decent (legal I might add ).
I came here asking a serious, legitimate question, I did not ask for this.
Forget it, sorry I asked.
I think it's in the way that you asked and if you can read through the many threads this is a hot topic. You can't get away from this issue or immigrants any more they are here by the millions and millions of our own feel they have every right to suck us dry.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:54 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,853,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
and millions of our own feel they have every right to suck us dry.
Did you interview those millions?

Old 01-17-2007, 11:09 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,707,396 times
I am sure she didnt, but with you and several others on the board and the fact nothing is being done, pretty much tells the story.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;282988
I am sure she didnt, but with you and several others on the board and the fact nothing is being done, pretty much tells the story.
I didn't say, I felt it was right to leech our country dry. I completely support more border patrol and security. I feel entering the United States illegally is absolutely incorrect and should be met with jail time. But, I don't feel it's right to cut and paste many Americans as believing its ok to sucking us dry. They are taking jobs and not paying taxes which obviously isn't right. There might be many Americans who support this, but I nor the person with the quote have met enough of these people to categorize as "millions".

Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,707,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I didn't say, I felt it was right to leech our country dry. I completely support more border patrol and security. I feel entering the United States illegally is absolutely incorrect and should be met with jail time. But, I don't feel it's right to cut and paste many Americans as believing its ok to sucking us dry. They are taking jobs and not paying taxes which obviously isn't right. There might be many Americans who support this, but I nor the person with the quote have met enough of these people to categorize as "millions".
Nothing is being done what does that say? the fact that people still give them services and jobs what does that say? that way too many are letting them use us.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
When a company hires you, it has to send your proof of who you are to the govt.
My good friend, there is clearly enough low key work to slip under the legal radar screen and companies who decide to give a weak background check.

Last edited by dusesean1986; 01-17-2007 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: add

Old 01-17-2007, 12:49 PM

504 posts, read 1,620,295 times
You are right I just said what the companies are supposed to do not what they do. I also know many people who hire illegals with no documentation at all. In fact the house next to my Mom was completely done without pulling a permit, and I am pretty sure the workers were undocumented.
But today marked a turnaround for me, I have never supported illegal immigration, but I have been supportive of many of the illegals that are here because obviously they are filling holes in our workforce, whether for good or bad, I have liked the majority of Latinos that I have met and wish them well.
But today I am going to take a stand on trying to find a way for amnesty to work, I know we will NEVER be able to send the majority that are here home but we can make sure that the majority are worthy to become citizens and do what we will with the rest.
As I leave all of you with these thoughts I am going to be writing my congress person, senator and the like and I am going to be willing to put my time into this effort.
I am tired of the hatred and the misunderstanding that so many people have toward Latinos who are doing what I would do for my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or