U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:26 AM

109 posts, read 188,181 times

Advertisements

Someone tell me where I can move that the illegals have not took over.
They devaluate the property here, they stand in huddles waiting on work or whatever.
My wife is scared to go in the local market, she says they stare and make comments.
My high schoolers can't get part time jobs, they are taken.
I could go on and on, but I have had enough and just want to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 04:52 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,661,206 times
Races in Alpena Michigan:

* White Non-Hispanic (97.2%)
* American Indian (1.0%)
* Two or more races (0.9%)
* Hispanic (0.6%)

Oh dayum.. I gave away the secret.. sorry.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:30 AM

14,506 posts, read 23,177,711 times
It is a shame. Even weschester County-NY-some beautiful areas are now unrecognizable, from what I have heard. Research the area. It appears our leaders care little what happens to the U.S.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:52 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Illegal Immigrants don't come here or desire taking Americans jobs', they only desire to have sufficient money for them and their family and they can't receive this in their Latin American Country. Where exactly do you live?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:15 AM

146 posts, read 530,014 times
Default Go North!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
Someone tell me where I can move that the illegals have not took over.
They devaluate the property here, they stand in huddles waiting on work or whatever.
My wife is scared to go in the local market, she says they stare and make comments.
My high schoolers can't get part time jobs, they are taken.
I could go on and on, but I have had enough and just want to move.
Go north young man, the colder the better. Look for places that sell snowmobiles and you'll find fewer illegal aliens. I'm headed to South Dakota in May (leaving Houston). I simply cannot be a minority in my own country any longer and will not allow my son to suffer the racism anymore.

Demographics are listed for most cities and towns on this site as well as the greatschools site.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:59 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Illegal Immigrants don't come here or desire taking Americans jobs', they only desire to have sufficient money for them and their family and they can't receive this in their Latin American Country. Where exactly do you live?
Rather than marching in our streeets and demanding things to which they are not entitled, such as the right to vote, illegal aliens should perhaps devote their energies to promoting change within their home countries so that they can have a reasonable standard of living there.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:05 PM

354 posts, read 761,717 times
Sounds so simple to you or I, Andreabeth, but such is not the case in the majority of Latin America. Moreso than in the United States, there is an impenetrable social structure that keeps the poor as poor and the rich as rich. There is little or no middle class and racism is as rampant as poverty.

Its the first logical reaction for many on this board to be frustrated about illegal immigrants and their failure to change their own homelands. Therein lies the soul of this issue-- they cannot change their countries, their gov'ts have no plans to become legitimate, thus their only viable option is to migrate to the States to seek opportunity for their family and the chance to rise above their economic status.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 PM

354 posts, read 761,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Races in Alpena Michigan:

* White Non-Hispanic (97.2%)
* American Indian (1.0%)
* Two or more races (0.9%)
* Hispanic (0.6%)

Oh dayum.. I gave away the secret.. sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
Go north young man, the colder the better. Look for places that sell snowmobiles and you'll find fewer illegal aliens. I'm headed to South Dakota in May (leaving Houston). I simply cannot be a minority in my own country any longer and will not allow my son to suffer the racism anymore.

Demographics are listed for most cities and towns on this site as well as the greatschools site.
How can I respond to such blantantly bigoted and prejudice statements? How do you explain the rise of Hispanics in New York and other places that "sell snowmobiles"? How exactly do you visibly diferentiate from a legal Hispanic and an illegal one? Appx 79% of my city is White, and appx 15% of my city is Hispanic... does that mean that 15% of the population is illegal?

Everyone really needs to consider his subconscious use of stereotypes and generalizations. They are poison to public discourse and progression.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:36 PM

173 posts, read 371,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Sounds so simple to you or I, Andreabeth, but such is not the case in the majority of Latin America. Moreso than in the United States, there is an impenetrable social structure that keeps the poor as poor and the rich as rich. There is little or no middle class and racism is as rampant as poverty.

Its the first logical reaction for many on this board to be frustrated about illegal immigrants and their failure to change their own homelands. Therein lies the soul of this issue-- they cannot change their countries, their gov'ts have no plans to become legitimate, thus their only viable option is to migrate to the States to seek opportunity for their family and the chance to rise above their economic status.
Do you realize what you just said?

If we follow along the lines of allowing millions of these people to continue to take over our towns, and cities, and drag down our country, to the point where there only the two classes of people, we will then mirror the country they are leaving!

Our government is not protecting the citizens, just like the country you portray. OUR GOVERNMENT IS IN THE HANDS OF CORPORATE AMERICA!

We must all wake up, and face the fact that we are on the brink of disaster as a country. We are fast becoming a third world country.

NOW IS THE TIME to take our country back, before it is too little, too late.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:39 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,489,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post

So if they can't change their countries, I guess it's ok for them to change this country ... Amavel how much money do you have?.....I seem not to be able to increase mine so I will move into your backyard and live off of some of yours....After all I'm just trying to better my families life style...I'm sure you wont mind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or