U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboodude View Post
This thread demonstrates the degree to which Malamute and friends are actually against hispanics rather than illlegals. They simply use illegals to hide their anti-hispanic bias.

Best estimates from FAIR et al is that there are 3,000 or so illegals in Hawaii. And most of those are not hispanic.
I'm against ALL illegals. The post I responded to was trying to somehow justify Mexicans breaking the laws. Actually tried to claim that it requires some kind of bravery to sneak over the border or overstay a visa.

There is no bravery in running from your own country.

We should have immigrants but we need immigrants who first of all have respect for this country and it's laws, and immigrants who understand that 100% of their "people" cannot simply pack up and come on over.

The whole process needs to be orderly, limited, and fair -- meaning that 100% of one country's people are not allowed in while others are kept out. Also immigration should be limited to those who truly want to be American, who have the ability to adapt, learn English or already know it.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacarias Precio View Post
Hi My father was an Illegal Mexican. He came from Mexico City. My mom is Spanish, Puerto Rican, Haole (European) and filipino but looks pure white. That makes me 4 times more Hispanic that most. I look alot like my father the Ameridian look. He is a great person supporting his family with the most brutal of jobs like banana farming and others. He came over when he was 13 that I wish I was as brave as him and do the things hes done. So everyone derserves the right to live where they want and if it doesn't immideatly affect you don't complain.
If he was so "brave" why did he take the easy way out instead of trying to come here legally.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:56 AM

833 posts, read 527,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Very true------in fact: a lot of Filipino culture is based on Mexican culture as well.

In many regards; substitute English for Spanish and Manila could be a Hispanic city. Tagalog; despite it also being a official tongue, most business in the Philippines is conducted in English.

Admittedly; I have never been to either place but, talking with people and reading up on the topic.......I wonder.

Not meaning to sound like a self hating Filipino but the remining boneless idiots that was left after the Philippine/ american war is all but a shadow of its former self. Explains a lot of reason why other Asian countries look down on Filipinos that was once the pearl of Asia as nothing more than a Broken clown that was shafted in every hole possible and is an idiot to beg for more.

Strong words i know, but is really not far from the truth. And yes there are Filipino heroes that have existed worthy of mention and who i wished were alive today, for they were very gifted and strong individuals which Philippines could do with RIGHT now, but thats another story.

How i long for those "Pearl of Asia" days.....

Dreeeaaammmmss into the sunset.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:21 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,096,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Very true------in fact: a lot of Filipino culture is based on Mexican culture as well.

In many regards; substitute English for Spanish and Manila could be a Hispanic city. Tagalog; despite it also being a official tongue, most business in the Philippines is conducted in English.

Admittedly; I have never been to either place but, talking with people and reading up on the topic.......I wonder.
Mexican is a fairly new country.

How old is the Philippines?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 PM

And for the RECORD...

Philippines DOES NOT!! have a lot or much in common with mexican culture, that would be like saying the american culture is based on the Native Indians...

Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Mexican is a fairly new country.

How old is the Philippines?

They (Supposedly) got their independence from their former Slave masters (american colonialists) after WW2, i say supposedly because america still meddles with Philippines affair, hence the whitewashed society till this day.

So 67 years old, although we already had a civilisation or pure bred Malay stock, just not so advance nor as barbaric as their former occupiers.

Just for the record, the .45acp bullet round and 1911 gun was given birth due to that war.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
They (Supposedly) got their independence from their former Slave masters (american colonialists) after WW2, i say supposedly because america still meddles with Philippines affair, hence the whitewashed society till this day.

So 67 years old, although we already had a civilisation or pure bred Malay stock, just not so advance nor as barbaric as their former occupiers.

Just for the record, the .45acp bullet round and 1911 gun was given birth due to that war.
M1911 pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or