Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,737,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Just realize there is a difference between the NCLR (national council of la raza) and "La Raza" in this context. You can be against Mecha and for the NCLR.
If youre getting info from a site like this:
http://www.mayorno.com/

I dont think the difference matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,460,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's not a matter of "ties" -- it's a matter of legality. I don’t condone criminal behavior of black Americans, and I have “close ties” to them. I’m not following your logic.
Join the club. The only explanation that I have ever been able to come up with is that the small matter of being in the US illegally is a nonissue for La Raza. They see a Guatemalan illegal immigrant who has been arrested for identity theft and driving without a license and killing a cop ONLY as a fellow hispanic who must be defended no matter what. It doesn't seem to matter what they do.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,438,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
If youre getting info from a site like this:
http://www.mayorno.com/

I dont think the difference matters.
Ha, yeah Walter Moore appears to be another Ron Paul 1 issue runner.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Join the club. The only explanation that I have ever been able to come up with is that the small matter of being in the US illegally is a nonissue for La Raza. They see a Guatemalan illegal immigrant who has been arrested for identity theft and driving without a license and killing a cop ONLY as a fellow hispanic who must be defended no matter what. It doesn't seem to matter what they do.
come on now..find me one person who defends an illegal cop killer?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:33 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,516,227 times
Quote:
Once again, a 'real-time' example of the basic incompatibility of a society based on a legal construct (such as the USA is), and a society based on ethnic ties (such as is much of the Third World). There's SOME overlapping, some 'theoretical' changes happening in emerging nations, but at the end of the day, the two ways of thinking are simply incompatible. You just can't HAVE one, and have the other. And that's really what all this is about.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
come on now..find me one person who defends an illegal cop killer?
I bet money Janet Murguia would! After all, the gringo stole his land. An even bigger challenge would be to find an example where La Raza actually CRITICIZED a hispanic person.

But I must agree, the killing a cop scenario may be a bit over the top. Let them defend illegals who merely shoot cops instead.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Once again, a 'real-time' example of the basic incompatibility of a society based on a legal construct (such as the USA is), and a society based on ethnic ties (such as is much of the Third World). There's SOME overlapping, some 'theoretical' changes happening in emerging nations, but at the end of the day, the two ways of thinking are simply incompatible. You just can't HAVE one, and have the other. And that's really what all this is about.
I agree.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I bet money Janet Murguia would! After all, the gringo stole his land. An even bigger challenge would be to find an example where La Raza actually CRITICIZED a hispanic person.

But I must agree, the killing a cop scenario may be a bit over the top. Let them defend illegals who merely shoot cops instead.
I could just as well ask where someone from your camp cares about an illegal, or a Latino for that matter?
Such as, crying tears for Jamiel Shaw because he was killed by an illegal, and not even acknowledging the murder of a 3 year old Latina by a Black gangmember.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,504,460 times
Quote:
Yeah, and that's demonstrated by all those Latinos serving in Iraq right now, who equate military service with patriotism.
Anyways, I wasn't speaking on that issue itself, but saying why a group like NCLR might consider immigration an important issue, for reasons other than greed, as Benicar was implying.
Again, I acknowledge the fact that their "initial" objectives may have been honorable. I simply feel they saw an opportunity to "profit" from the millions of illegal alien "Hispanics" much the same as the "opportunists" Al & Jesse. It's a lucrative business.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I could just as well ask where someone from your camp cares about an illegal, or a Latino for that matter?
Such as, crying tears for Jamiel Shaw because he was killed by an illegal, and not even acknowledging the murder of a 3 year old Latina by a Black gangmember.
You're going off on a tangent.
See, I as a white person do not feel a need to defend or make attempts to justify crimes committed by other white people. I as a person of my particular faith will not excuse someone who embezzles money simply because they follow the same religious beliefs I do. Nor am I going to say that a woman who scams Medicare should be given a lesser punishment because she is the same sex I am. EVERYBODY needs to be held to the same standards- as much as is possible. If we are to continue to function as a country, that is.
With La Raza, you have a group that advocates for a specific ethnicity, or whatever you want to call it, that seems to be saying:
THE RULES DON'T APPLY TO US!
There is always some excuse as to why they do not need to do the things that other Americans and especially future legal immigrants have to do. This ethnic solidarity or whatever one would call it may have served them very well in a Third World country back home. But it just ain't gonna work here in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration