U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Why are you sticking up for "LaRaza" blacknight? They only get a pass on being racist from clueless Americans because they're able to hide behind the "we're a minority" shield, despite the fact that "The Race" they pretend to represent ("Hispanics") doesn't exist biologically, and is instead a loose cultural affiliation akin to the British commonwealth.
blacknight04 is showing more and more signs of desperation------despite its denials, the hammer is coming down harder and harder on illegals and their friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,793,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I will defer to what Benicar said as I think she said it perfectly.

LOL, Benicar didn't give any examples of the so called racism demonstrated by LaRaza. I can give you many examples of racism by the kkk, black panther, and some of these so called "anti-illegal" groups. The question is can you give me examples of LaRaza's racism?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Why are you sticking up for "LaRaza" blacknight? They only get a pass on being racist from clueless Americans because they're able to hide behind the "we're a minority" shield, despite the fact that "The Race" they pretend to represent ("Hispanics") doesn't exist biologically, and is instead a loose cultural affiliation akin to the British commonwealth.
Again, i keep hearing they are a racist organization yet NO ONE can give me examples of their so called racism?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 AM

17,281 posts, read 24,972,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Again, i keep hearing they are a racist organization yet NO ONE can give me examples of their so called racism?
LaRaza actively funds MEChA.

It's the "acceptable facade" that implicitly and explicity supports "downstream" radical racist organizations. Kind of like PETA funneling money to the ALF.

Also, I mean, come on: "For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada" is their motto, AND:

The founder of La Raza, Jose Angel Gutiterrez has also been quoted as saying the following:

“We’re a new Mestizo nation.”
“We have got to eliminate the gringo.
And what I mean by that is if worst comes to worse, we have got to kill him."

Which is, of course, all very laughable, because "LaRaza" types think other "Latinos" sympathize with their "Chicano" cause, when they do not.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:

It's the "acceptable facade" that implicitly and explicity supports "downstream" radical racist organizations. Kind of like PETA funneling money to the ALF.

Also, I mean, come on: "For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada" is their motto, AND:

The founder of La Raza, Jose Angel Gutiterrez has also been quoted as saying the following:

“We’re a new Mestizo nation.”

Which is, of course, all very laughable, because "LaRaza" types think other "Latinos" sympathize with their "Chicano" cause, when they do not.
And; needless to say: if any of the bolded racist comments were uttered by 'White' people------the FBI, ACLU and everybody else would be on us (and rightly so).

That Gutierrez guy needs to be charged under terrorism statutes as well.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
LOL, Benicar didn't give any examples of the so called racism demonstrated by LaRaza. I can give you many examples of racism by the kkk, black panther, and some of these so called "anti-illegal" groups. The question is can you give me examples of LaRaza's racism?
Do you understand the difference between "covert" and "overt" operations? If their activities were "overt" they wouldn't be very effective as a legitimate advocacy group, would they? It suffices to say, La Raza has very long arms.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 AM

11,292 posts, read 16,817,755 times
Quote:
Seems to me they advocate special status, special priveleges and permissable disregard for the law for the benefit of their own (I do not notice them advocating for poor migrants from Poland).

Now, it would be one thing if they were advocating a fair deal for those that are here legally or just helping legal newcomers to assimilate or get grounded. Every ethnic group has or has had groups that do this. Nothing new there.

But by demanding the right to circumvent laws, they are in effect putting themselves above the law and above others. Now, that is not the same as attacking freedom marchers or lynching innocents. But its within the sphere of racism for it is advancing your race above others and above the law. And tham my friend, is RACIST.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:

We’re a new Mestizo nation.”

You got any links to what you are saying?

Btw, the laraza you are talking about is laraza unida...it is different from LaRaza.

Quote:
ose Angel Gutierrez, Chicano activist and founder of La Raza Unida party, the Mexican American Youth Organization and other community groups, will speak and sign copies of his latest book Monday at the University of New Mexico
La Raza Founder To Speak at UNM. | Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM) (March, 2000) (http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-1934038_ITM - broken link)

McCain and Obama are speaking before the National Council of Laraz..totally different from the radical laraza unida party.

Quote:
The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) – the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States – works to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans. Through its network of nearly 300 affiliated community-based organizations (CBOs), NCLR reaches millions of Hispanics each year in 41 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. To achieve its mission, NCLR conducts applied research, policy analysis, and advocacy, providing a Latino perspective in five key areas – assets/investments, civil rights/immigration, education, employment and economic status, and health. In addition, it provides capacity-building assistance to its Affiliates who work at the state and local level to advance opportunities for individuals and families.
Founded in 1968, NCLR is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, tax-exempt organization headquartered in Washington, DC. NCLR serves all Hispanic subgroups in all regions of the country and has operations in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Antonio, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
National Council of La Raza: About NCLR (http://www.nclr.org/section/about/ - broken link)

You guys don't even know what you are talking about.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you understand the difference between "covert" and "overt" operations? If their activities were "overt" they wouldn't be very effective as a legitimate advocacy group, would they? It suffices to say, La Raza has very long arms.
Again, you can't name anything racist they have done.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Seems to me they advocate special status, special priveleges and permissable disregard for the law for the benefit of their own (I do not notice them advocating for poor migrants from Poland).

Now, it would be one thing if they were advocating a fair deal for those that are here legally or just helping legal newcomers to assimilate or get grounded. Every ethnic group has or has had groups that do this. Nothing new there.

But by demanding the right to circumvent laws, they are in effect putting themselves above the law and above others. Now, that is not the same as attacking freedom marchers or lynching innocents. But its within the sphere of racism for it is advancing your race above others and above the law. And tham my friend, is RACIST.
Have you read their mission statement?
Quote:

The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) – the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States – works to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans.
I bet you think the NAACP is a racist organization also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration