U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:08 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

I read an article on La Raza’s website last year in which Janet Murguia condemned immigration from Africa as being “unnecessary,” and petitioned the government to halt it. I’m sorry I didn’t copy it, because it has mysteriously disappeared. I can’t even find anything through Google. Did anyone else read her comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 AM

11,287 posts, read 16,811,646 times
Quote:
Where in this statement from the President of the NCLR does it state they want unimpeded access?
I was not referencing that statement. Your questioned was answered. If you do not agree, and I take it you do not, so be it.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I was not referencing that statement. Your questioned was answered. If you do not agree, and I take it you do not, so be it.
So I guess your answer is "they are racist" and "they stand for open borders", which is your opinion and you have nothing really to corroborate your opinion.

OK, sounds solid.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So I guess your answer is "they are racist" and "they stand for open borders", which is your opinion and you have nothing really to corroborate your opinion.

OK, sounds solid.
No, I did not say that.

Rather than making up a false statement and attributing to me, in other words lying, perhaps copy/paste my original statement, that is, the one I actually wrote, and critique it? You probably would not have changed my mind, but you would have at least garnered some respect. And you would have shown yourself as someone willing to engage in a civil debate rather than someone who stoops to lying and sophmoric rhetoric.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 AM

3,454 posts, read 6,437,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Then why are the 2 presidential candidates speaking in front of such a racist group this summer? I just don't understand it. John Mccain would never speak in front of the KKK, neither would Obama ever speak in front of the Black Panthers, or maybe LARAZA is not a racist group as some of you on the anti-immigrant crowd claim.
Because they're both pathetic panderers competing for the Hispanic vote and they assume Hispanics respect LaRaza (which the legal-resident Hispanics I know...don't).

And incidentally, I doubt that most people are anti-immigrant. We're mostly "anti-illegal-immigration". There's a not-so-subtle difference. Called the LAW.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
One thing that may hurt groups like La Raza, etc. is that Argentines and most OTM Hispanics have more of an 'Anglo' mindset--------they do not believe in government handouts.

As for the NAACP: their original mission stated was for equal right for Negroes (Blacks) and 'Coloreds when it was founded ca. 1911. That goal has been achieved------Barack Obama is a shining example of its success.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
I am still waiting for even one example of them doing something racist.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
No, I did not say that.

Rather than making up a false statement and attributing to me, in other words lying, perhaps copy/paste my original statement, that is, the one I actually wrote, and critique it? You probably would not have changed my mind, but you would have at least garnered some respect. And you would have shown yourself as someone willing to engage in a civil debate rather than someone who stoops to lying and sophmoric rhetoric.
It is called summarizing, here is your statment:

Quote:
Quote:
Seems to me they advocate special status, special priveleges and permissable disregard for the law for the benefit of their own (I do not notice them advocating for poor migrants from Poland).

Now, it would be one thing if they were advocating a fair deal for those that are here legally or just helping legal newcomers to assimilate or get grounded. Every ethnic group has or has had groups that do this. Nothing new there.

But by demanding the right to circumvent laws, they are in effect putting themselves above the law and above others. Now, that is not the same as attacking freedom marchers or lynching innocents. But its within the sphere of racism for it is advancing your race above others and above the law. And tham my friend, is RACIST.
So basically you say they advocate breaking of the laws I am assuming you mean "opening the border" and you called them RACIST, which is what I paraphrased...so how is my summarization of what you said false?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:44 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One thing that may hurt groups like La Raza, etc. is that Argentines and most OTM Hispanics have more of an 'Anglo' mindset--------they do not believe in government handouts.

As for the NAACP: their original mission stated was for equal right for Negroes (Blacks) and 'Coloreds when it was founded ca. 1911. That goal has been achieved------Barack Obama is a shining example of its success.
There goes the "expert" on hispanic affairs again.

LOL

Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
It is called summarizing, here is your statment:
No, it is called lying. And the people who do it are called liars as they engage in dishonesty and manipulation as means to an end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration