U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,827,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It is called summarizing, here is your statment:

So basically you say they advocate breaking of the laws I am assuming you mean "opening the border" and you called them RACIST, which is what I paraphrased...so how is my summarization of what you said false?

You forced her/him into a corner with no way out...that is why he/she is trying to act "offended".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM

9,079 posts, read 15,579,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No, it is called lying. And the people who do it are called liars as they engage in dishonesty and manipulation as means to an end.
Talk about rhetoric..

Sounds like you have no evidence of what you write here and now you have resorted to nit-picking and calling people liars.

If I wrongfully interpreted what you said, then point to what I miss-stated, don't just call someone a liar without even saying what they lied about.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:54 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,221,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I read an article on La Raza’s website last year in which Janet Murguia condemned immigration from Africa as being “unnecessary,” and petitioned the government to halt it. I’m sorry I didn’t copy it, because it has mysteriously disappeared. I can’t even find anything through Google. Did anyone else read her comments?
Yes I do recall that article and I also it being discussed on some tv show-perhaps Lou?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:22 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,702,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Speak for yourself. I'm not OK with it.
I read the thing in haste....didn't give this thread the careful consideration it deserved. No, I'm not "OK" with it either...though I don't know if the entire issue has anjything to do with what's "OK" with the American public.
My mistake....

Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM

11,448 posts, read 16,976,903 times
Quote:
Talk about rhetoric..

Sounds like you have no evidence of what you write here and now you have resorted to nit-picking and calling people liars.

If I wrongfully interpreted what you said, then point to what I miss-stated, don't just call someone a liar without even saying what they lied about.
Nonsense. I correctly called you a liar as you are one, not because you have kind words for La Raza, which would amount to only a difference of opinion.

You tried to use dishonesty and when caught, tried to squirm out of it by calling it 'summarizing'. You did not attempt to interpret anything. You tried the much-hackneyed, "So what you're saying is" and then proceeded, in your own words, to tell me what I said. You cannot get much more dishonest or arrogant than that.

As I said, you could have debated in good faith, but instead chose dishonesty over discourse. Manipulate words, throw insults, lie your tail off and change the subject. The telltale signs of someone who is incapable of making anything resembling a substantial point. A shame.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,836,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There goes the "expert" on hispanic affairs again.

LOL
blacknight04: few here (including myself) take your rhetoric very seriously........for all I know; you may be a rich White girl from Marin County.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 PM

3,304 posts, read 4,455,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I am still waiting for even one example of them doing something racist.
Are they serving the interests of white or black people? No. They are serving the interests of their own people, with taxpayer money, hence, they are practicing racial discrimination and thus are racist.

They sponsor schools (with taxpayer monies) that support Aztlan and Reconquista ideologies. Most times where you find blatant pro-Aztlan ideas, you'll find that they have funding through NCLR. NCLR is just a front group or legal entity of a bunch of other groups racist practices.

One school is called La Academia Semillas del Pueblo whose principal, Marcos Aguilar was interviewed a couple of years ago. The last paragraph shows blatant anti-White racism:

TCLA > Equal Terms in LA > Dialogue > Marcos Aguilar Interview

He doesn't want to drink from the "white waterfountain" but he certainly doesn't mind being financially supported by whitey. Hypocrite.

Food for thought:
Guest opinion: Raza studies gives rise to racial hostility | EDUCATION
VDARE.com: 06/01/06 - What The Immigration “Compromise” Means: Reconquista In The Schools—At Taxpayer Expense

Old 07-01-2008, 01:46 PM

9,079 posts, read 15,579,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Nonsense. I correctly called you a liar as you are one, not because you have kind words for La Raza, which would amount to only a difference of opinion.

You tried to use dishonesty and when caught, tried to squirm out of it by calling it 'summarizing'. You did not attempt to interpret anything. You tried the much-hackneyed, "So what you're saying is" and then proceeded, in your own words, to tell me what I said. You cannot get much more dishonest or arrogant than that.

As I said, you could have debated in good faith, but instead chose dishonesty over discourse. Manipulate words, throw insults, lie your tail off and change the subject. The telltale signs of someone who is incapable of making anything resembling a substantial point. A shame.
LOL What was false in what I said Moth? As I see it you are the one slinging insults at me.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,827,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
blacknight04: few here (including myself) take your rhetoric very seriously........for all I know; you may be a rich White girl from Marin County.
This coming from someone who claims blacks might join the kkk because of their dislike from illegals.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:09 PM

11,448 posts, read 16,976,903 times
Quote:
LOL What was false in what I said Moth? As I see it you are the one slinging insults at me.
One more time then, so please read carefully this time. You wrote this:

So I guess your answer is "they are racist" and "they stand for open borders", which is your opinion and you have nothing really to corroborate your opinion.

That is an utter fabrication written by you, Mach50. You make up your own inane ideas and try to pass them off as something I said? No, no no. That is dishonest and manipulative, not to mention ignorant. The use of the quotation marks is particularly sleazy. As if those were my statements.

And no, I am certainly not insulting you. I have labeled you a liar because it is quite clear that you are one. And its there for all to see until a mod comes along and erases it.

So, I long ago answered the questions about La Raza and their racism. And I have repeatedly answered your inquiries into your own dishonesty. Indeed I have indulged you more than you deserve. So take the last word as I cannot be bothered to deal with a cut rate bunco artists any longer. Audios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration