Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:41 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Are they serving the interests of white or black people? No. They are serving the interests of their own people, with taxpayer money, hence, they are practicing racial discrimination and thus are racist.

They sponsor schools (with taxpayer monies) that support Aztlan and Reconquista ideologies. Most times where you find blatant pro-Aztlan ideas, you'll find that they have funding through NCLR. NCLR is just a front group or legal entity of a bunch of other groups racist practices.

One school is called La Academia Semillas del Pueblo whose principal, Marcos Aguilar was interviewed a couple of years ago. The last paragraph shows blatant anti-White racism:

TCLA > Equal Terms in LA > Dialogue > Marcos Aguilar Interview

He doesn't want to drink from the "white waterfountain" but he certainly doesn't mind being financially supported by whitey. Hypocrite.

Food for thought:
Guest opinion: Raza studies gives rise to racial hostility | EDUCATION
VDARE.com: 06/01/06 - What The Immigration “Compromise” Means: Reconquista In The Schools—At Taxpayer Expense
And it is true that NCLR funds these schools, bastions of education that preach intolerance, separatism and hatred for 'the white oppressor'.

Does that satisfy the OP's curiosity???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
And it is true that NCLR funds these schools, bastions of education that preach intolerance, separatism and hatred for 'the white oppressor'.

Does that satisfy the OP's curiosity???
Yet in Mexico being 'White' is embraced in a myriad of ways-------the La Raza types would get their butts whupped SOB by the Federales if they tried that MEChA crap there.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
While I disagree with MeCha and Mexica, I don't know enough about the National Council of La Raza(people should refer to it as that..its kind of like calling the NAACP "colored people") to pass judgement.
Everybody seems to be calling them racist mostly out of opinion rather than facts.
Fill me in on why you guys consider them racist.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:44 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
While I disagree with MeCha and Mexica, I don't know enough about the National Council of La Raza(people should refer to it as that..its kind of like calling the NAACP "colored people") to pass judgement.
Everybody seems to be calling them racist mostly out of opinion rather than facts.
Fill me in on why you guys consider them racist.
Read about those separatist Aztlan schools they're funding and you'll KNOW why...

Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Read about those separatist Aztlan schools they're funding and you'll KNOW why...
Youre going to have to link me to something, because I can't find anything about that.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think the same people who believe "The Council of La Raza" is racist a group are those who think ACLU is racist, also BET is a racist TV channel or the Telemundo Spanish channel is racist.

There is a distinct difference in a group providing support for a minority vs not being supportive of other races. La Raza speaks for rights of Hispanics in America, they provide representation for a minority in a dominant euro-white country.

IMO most Americans automatically think La Raza is racist because it means "The Race" in Spanish. This is a major misinterpretation of the words, and often applied wrongly to distract from what the group really does.

Remember La Raza = The Race doesn't mean they want to conquer all of the world and make everyone Mexican. Actually to Mexicans it just means Chicano or Mestizo, in San Diego they have Museums for La Raza:

Centro Cultural de la Raza

From what I have read it has mostly been allegations of racism towards the NCLR, nothing of substance. They aren't going around burning crosses or hanging folks of other colors.

Here is a good speech from the President of the NCLR that discusses many of the allegations and the stance of the NCLR:
http://www.nclr.org/files/42528_file_CHICANOFEDSPEECHMAY2005FINAL.pdf (broken link)
Great argument. It just seems that people are very uncomfortable with the term "La Raza".
Many times on this board I have heard of groups or programs founded to serve Mexican-Americans or Latinos as "racist" because it doesn't include other groups. What????

But your posts backs up what I already kind of asusmed..most of the stuff being said about the NCLR are just rants trying to put down a Latino organization.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Are they serving the interests of white or black people? No. They are serving the interests of their own people, with taxpayer money, hence, they are practicing racial discrimination and thus are racist.

They sponsor schools (with taxpayer monies) that support Aztlan and Reconquista ideologies. Most times where you find blatant pro-Aztlan ideas, you'll find that they have funding through NCLR. NCLR is just a front group or legal entity of a bunch of other groups racist practices.

One school is called La Academia Semillas del Pueblo whose principal, Marcos Aguilar was interviewed a couple of years ago. The last paragraph shows blatant anti-White racism:

He doesn't want to drink from the "white waterfountain" but he certainly doesn't mind being financially supported by whitey. Hypocrite.

Food for thought:
VDARE.com: 06/01/06 - What The Immigration “Compromise” Means: Reconquista In The Schools—At Taxpayer Expense
Quote:
Although chartered as a K-8 school, the Academia does not yet enroll any students enrolled beyond the 6th grade. As of 2006, the school reported that it enrolled 305 students, of which 267 are described as Hispanic or Latino. The remaining students are categorized as American Indian or Alaskan Native (12), White (11), Black/African-American (10), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (4) and Asian (1).
OMG, the school has white,black, and american indian kids.

Quote:
District officials visited the school unannounced to investigate the allegations of discrimination that were receiving media attention. Speaking on behalf of the investigators, LAUSD attorney Kevin Reed said, "We looked specifically for any indications of any overt discriminatory practices on campus, such as statements on bulletin boards that expressed racial animus, were kids learning English, was math being taught consistent with California standards, and my understanding is they left satisfied that nothing of great concern was going on."
As of March 29, 2007 the school's charter was renewed for five years by the LAUSD board, by a vote of 5-2.
Academia Semillas del Pueblo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, no racism or discrimination going on there.

Quote:
As a charter school, Academia is funded both by the State of California and from contributions from private organizations.

Why would the state of california fund such a "racist" school?

Btw, if the taxpayers are founding NCLR and NCLR are in turn funding the schools as you claim, does that mean the taxpayers are racist?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:

Food for thought:
Some more food for thought.
LEONARD PITTS: WEARING VICTIM HAT BECOMING TRENDY | Kansas.com (broken link)

Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
OMG, the school has white,black, and american indian kids.

Of course, otherwise they would have a much tougher time getting public funding.

Academia Semillas del Pueblo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, no racism or discrimination going on there.

Uh, did you not read the interview with the school's principal?

Why would the state of california fund such a "racist" school?

Dumb question. It's a state government and we all know how inept they are.

Btw, if the taxpayers are founding NCLR and NCLR are in turn funding the schools as you claim, does that mean the taxpayers are racist?
They ARE funding schools and supporting them. Your money funds our military does that mean you are a soldier?? You ask questions that have no relevance. The NCLR is just a cover organization for other groups with much less than stellar histories.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Great argument. It just seems that people are very uncomfortable with the term "La Raza".
Many times on this board I have heard of groups or programs founded to serve Mexican-Americans or Latinos as "racist" because it doesn't include other groups. What????

But your posts backs up what I already kind of asusmed..most of the stuff being said about the NCLR are just rants trying to put down a Latino organization.
NCLR associates themselves, quite frequently, with groups that are very racist and frankly, I don't think they need to be. There is legitimacy to the group as I don't think NCLR is a blatant anti-White or anti-American organization like MECHa or Aztlan. NCLR would serve its best interests by denouncing these organizations if it really wants to further the cause of Latinos here in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration