Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,745,787 times

Advertisements

Then why are the 2 presidential candidates speaking in front of such a racist group this summer? I just don't understand it. John Mccain would never speak in front of the KKK, neither would Obama ever speak in front of the Black Panthers, or maybe LARAZA is not a racist group as some of you on the anti-immigrant crowd claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 06:49 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
Three words - pandering for votes.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 AM

^ So the american people are okay with the Presidential candidates pandering for votes in front of racist groups?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Absolutely-it is pandering to a racist group and disgusting.

Sadly, many Americans do not know the truth abot LaRaza as they don't educate themselves and they just hear that they are a group that tries to help out Hispanics. They don't educate themselves about Aztlan, etc. Other people don't care. Still others are hard party liners-they will vote for Obama or Mccain no matter what they say or do because they really dislike the other. To me, this is disgusting and only one of the many reasons neither sell-out will get my vote and I will be doing a write-in, once again.

It is a shame that in the year 2008 a politician would be seen with any hate group. But I guess as long as it is not a "white" hate group it is still "acceptable" by many. It is a real shame that people will not accept that hate is not monopolized by one race-it is shared by all and NONE of it is right.

Last edited by nicolem; 07-01-2008 at 07:02 AM..

Old 07-01-2008, 07:04 AM

602 posts, read 1,961,903 times
I don't appreciate either of them offering legitimacy to La Raza in this fashion, or in any fashion. Why don't they just hang out with Fred Phelps, while they're both at it?

And "anti-immigrant" doesn't get it done. Try "anti-illegal". There is, in fact, a difference.

Last edited by FlourChild; 07-01-2008 at 07:13 AM..

Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Then why are the 2 presidential candidates speaking in front of such a racist group this summer? I just don't understand it. John Mccain would never speak in front of the KKK, neither would Obama ever speak in front of the Black Panthers, or maybe LARAZA is not a racist group as some of you on the anti-immigrant crowd claim.
Nice try. La Raza is in fact a racist organization; however, politics is a dirty business and both Obama and McCain are simply pandering for the “Hispanic” vote. Unlike your traditional “racist” groups such as the KKK, La Raza has managed to feign “legitimacy” through involvement with worthy causes such as educational programs for inner-city youth. Whereas the KKK is strictly anti-_________ (insert racial/religious group).

In a sense, La Raza is a more sinister organization. It’s easier to fight an overtly racist group, than it is to fight an organization being touted as benevolent advocates for the “disadvantaged” Hispanic population. They took lessons from the NAACP, and fashioned their organization accordingly. For the most part, they have played their cards right; that is, until they decided to pull the “race card” out of the deck in an attempt to discredit opposition to illegal immigration. Now, their “true” agenda is becoming much more apparent.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Absolutely-it is pandering to a racist group and disgusting.

Sadly, many Americans do not know the truth abot LaRaza as they don't educate themselves and they just hear that they are a group that tries to help out Hispanics. They don't educate themselves about Aztlan, etc. Other people don't care. Still others are hard party liners-they will vote for Obama or Mccain no matter what they say or do because they really dislike the other. To me, this is disgusting and only one of the many reasons neither sell-out will get my vote and I will be doing a write-in, once again.

It is a shame that in the year 2008 a politician would be seen with any hate group. But I guess as long as it is not a "white" hate group it is still "acceptable" by many. It is a real shame that people will not accept that hate is not monopolized by one race-it is shared by all and NONE of it is right.
Or maybe they are not a hate group? Give me one specifical example of something hateful they have said or done against Whites or any other group.

Btw, LaRaza has no ties to Aztlan whatsoever.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Why are you sticking up for "LaRaza" blacknight? They only get a pass on being racist from clueless Americans because they're able to hide behind the "we're a minority" shield, despite the fact that "The Race" they pretend to represent ("Hispanics") doesn't exist biologically, and is instead a loose cultural affiliation akin to the British commonwealth.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Or maybe they are not a hate group? Give me one specifical example of something hateful they have said or done against Whites or any other group.

Btw, LaRaza has no ties to Aztlan whatsoever.
I will defer to what Benicar said as I think she said it perfectly.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
People are afraid of being called 'racist' if they call out La Raza, etc.

Well: guess what; more and more Americans are starting to wake up and smell the coffee.

Worse yet: La Raza/MEChA's antics are helping groups like the KKK pick up members as well........the Law of Unintended Consequences at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration