U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasvzqz View Post
I've said it here before, where I live, in Chicago, I am surrounded by eastern europeans, most of them illegal, who do not even speak english, but are not prosecuted in any way because they are white. Same situation in NY, Minneapolis, well, any large metropolitan area for that matter. I'm all for keeping illegal immigrants (of all races, including eastern europeans, not just latinos) out of the country. Toughen up the laws, penalize those who employ them, etc. But let's call the wall for what it really is: a racist attempt to divert attention of the real problems we are facing in this country. Scapegoats.
How do you all suggest we should deal with the millions of white europeans who are here illegally? They get here by plane, stay on expired visas and never leave. ?
The race card yet again. NO tomas its not racist. The southern border is the entry point for the vast majority of illegals including many european illegals. Has anyone said mexicans only keep out? NO.... We are saying all illegals keep out. We are saying throw all illegals out. The only ones talking race are the pro-hispanic illegals crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:48 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasvzqz View Post
I've said it here before, where I live, in Chicago, I am surrounded by eastern europeans, most of them illegal, who do not even speak english, but are not prosecuted in any way because they are white. Same situation in NY, Minneapolis, well, any large metropolitan area for that matter. I'm all for keeping illegal immigrants (of all races, including eastern europeans, not just latinos) out of the country. Toughen up the laws, penalize those who employ them, etc. But let's call the wall for what it really is: a racist attempt to divert attention of the real problems we are facing in this country. Scapegoats.
How do you all suggest we should deal with the millions of white europeans who are here illegally? They get here by plane, stay on expired visas and never leave. ?
First of all, I doubt we have illegal immigrants from Europe in the millions. You are grossly exaggerating there. They also get deported. I would agree white Americans are less critical of illegals who are white. The same goes for all shades of colors and cultures. Illegals from Europe are also less scrutinized because they tend to fly under the radar.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:17 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Illegals are offended because the fence interfers with them breaking the law. So they file law suits because the Border fence is doing what it was made to do, including the razor wire.
If you don't climb the damn thing you won't get cut....dah

That's like filing a law suit because a building is too high and someone might get killed if they jump off.

Or suing someone because their window glass cut a burglar when he broke in.

They need to put warning signs on the south side of the fence in spanish.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:45 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,963,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
Then how do you propose the flood of illegal aliens (my people...my raza!!) from entering and taking advantage of the many many loopholes in our immigration policies? They live here and they do not pay taxes, they use our infracstructure, they commit crime, they get sick and go to Thomason for free....do I need to go on?

My parents did it right. They came, applied, they waited, they became legalized citizens, they payed taxes, and they sacrificed their lives to provide for me and my brothers.

Meanwhile my lazy a$$ cousins, uncles, and aunts come over and ask for a handout. They hate me but they try to use me. The other day I picked up three "day laborer" mexican workers up at Home Depot. I hired them to do a brick patio for 10 bucks an hour. They were elated to do it. Then they started taking their time and doing a half ass job. But they were happy one of their own was gonna pay them big bucks for that day. After 6 hours and not even half way done they were surprised when I fired them and took them back to Home Depot. I told them they were slacking off and getting the wrong impression that I was gonna pay them for ****ty work. Boy where they surprised and astonished. They cussed me out and called me a traitor and a wanna be white boy.

What they dont understand is that I dont pay for laziness.....especially coming from mexicans!! I worked my butt off to get where I am today. I went to college and got a degree from UTEP.

So how do you propose to handle the flood of illegal aliens?
A border fence isn't necessary in El Paso. We've had the highly successful Hold The Line that saw a drastic reduction in crossings in our sector. The money would have been better spent augmenting the existing Border Patrol, to get them the resources they critically need.

The problem with the fence is that the federal government does a poor job of taking into account local and regional realities and concerns. The border fence might be a great idea in rural Arizona where there's a huge amount of crossings, but a better idea would have been to make the money and resources available to law enforcement in each particular area and ask for their input into how best to spend money on combating illegal immigration and smuggling operations. Don't you think?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,668,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Have you ever been to another country? Just about every modern country on earth has border fences separating the territories. The USA and Canada maintain the longest unfenced border in the world and are famous for it. Why? Because it was unheard of to have such trust.
Now back to the Berlin wall. I'll help yoou out here. That wasn't a wall to keep people out. That was a wall to keep people in. I will further explain the significance of said wall. It was a wall that divided a common city from a common people the germans who wanted reunification. Last time I checked Mexico isn't a part of the USA were never a part of the USA and the majority of Americans want nothing to do with an open border with Mexico given the disparity of living conditions, corruption, and poverty the 15th wealthiest nation in the world condones.
Tinman.. The difference between our FENCE and that wall, was they wanted to keep people in. Ours is to keep people out. Just as you said.. so we have not built a wall like that here.. as you claim we have. No we would have to lets say wall in the state of Texas and say Texans you cant leave.. in order to have a wall like that in Berlin.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM

511 posts, read 582,562 times
Indigenous communities preparing to fight border land grab | Intercontinental Cry

Quote:
The Texas communities along the international boundary zone are largely made up of Native Americans and of land grant heirs who have resided on inherited properties for hundreds of years.
I dont agree with this fence when it takes land from native americans, no way !

Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM

3,753 posts, read 7,216,574 times
As is, the fence is not as effective as it could be. To make it more effective, you need to put barbed wires and razors on it.

Don't know who said this great line.

"Someone breaking into our Country should have to face the same outcome as someone breaking into our home. I fail to see what the difference is."

Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
A border fence isn't necessary in El Paso. We've had the highly successful Hold The Line that saw a drastic reduction in crossings in our sector. The money would have been better spent augmenting the existing Border Patrol, to get them the resources they critically need.

The problem with the fence is that the federal government does a poor job of taking into account local and regional realities and concerns. The border fence might be a great idea in rural Arizona where there's a huge amount of crossings, but a better idea would have been to make the money and resources available to law enforcement in each particular area and ask for their input into how best to spend money on combating illegal immigration and smuggling operations. Don't you think?
Without the fence thats all the money that will be need. The fence take alot more work and money (cost) out of the picture. With the fence mean less illegals, less drain on the system, more jail space, less crime, ect,et,ect,ect.

Having a fence saves billions more dollars than not.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:24 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post

Can't speak for Texas or Elpaso. The feds gave a city near me 500g for city improvements. The city was well it was a disgrace. Pittston PA.
They took the money and built a small observation park along the river and had blue floresent lights installed on the water sttreet bridge. Sounds good? Well the park gets flooded everytime the river comes up maybe 4 or 5 times a year making it unusable. The lights were vandelized within a week and it cost 50 g to repair the damage. Mean while the city of pittston still looks like it always did. A dirty little haven for scumbags.
So no I don't think that its always a good idea to ask local city gov how they think the money should be spent. Example what if the local city gov believes in sanctuary for illegals? LOL pretty sure border patrol would not get a dime.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:59 PM

394 posts, read 896,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The Berlin wall was built to keep people IN, not out. Bad analogy.
thats why i waited to reply to that moronic post. i knew someone with some common sense would jump in and i'd just be repetitive. not just a bad analogy, an azz backwards analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration