U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,691 posts, read 86,811,612 times
Reputation: 29355

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasvzqz View Post
I've said it here before, where I live, in Chicago, I am surrounded by eastern europeans, most of them illegal, who do not even speak english, but are not prosecuted in any way because they are white. Same situation in NY, Minneapolis, well, any large metropolitan area for that matter. I'm all for keeping illegal immigrants (of all races, including eastern europeans, not just latinos) out of the country. Toughen up the laws, penalize those who employ them, etc. But let's call the wall for what it really is: a racist attempt to divert attention of the real problems we are facing in this country. Scapegoats.
How do you all suggest we should deal with the millions of white europeans who are here illegally? They get here by plane, stay on expired visas and never leave. ?
You and I must not live that far apart from each other because I live right on the border of the heavily Polish region on the Northwest side. I wonder if you actually talk to any of them. I do because several Polish guys are involved in area rallycross, as am I. They say their ranks have to mind their Ps and Qs and keep a low profile just like anyone else here illegally, as some of their compatriots have in fact been deported. The primary reason they are not targeted as much as Mexican immigrants is because they are not as conspicuous. Once the reach the tens of millions and start marching on our cities across the country, I promise people will get just as fed up with them too. But as it stands there are not "millions" of them as you claim. So let's call your post what it really is, the race-baiting of a serious issue in the hopes of derailing it to divert attention from the real problem we are facing with illegal immigration in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2008, 04:59 PM
 
394 posts, read 896,490 times
Reputation: 156
i don't know why this needs to be reiterated over and over again by many, but i suspect the pro-illegals just don't want to hear it. so i'll say it again.

1]FIND AND PROSECUTE THE SLEAZY EMPLOYERS THAT HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS

2]CUT OFF ALL ENTITLEMENTS [HEALTH CARE, EDUCATION ETC. ETC.] TO ILLEGAL ALIENS

3]WATCH THEM SELF-DEPORT!

VERY COST EFFECTIVE

now we may still need the fence to keep the drugs out,i don't know, but i completely understand the concerns of the texans along the rio grande in regards to said fence and their impeded river access
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
 
968 posts, read 1,180,762 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
1]FIND AND PROSECUTE THE SLEAZY EMPLOYERS THAT HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS
Oklahoma passed a law that will go after the employers and its working, lots better than building walls and taking land from Americans.

Last edited by chasingclouds; 11-19-2008 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM
 
2,516 posts, read 7,549,787 times
Reputation: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The race card yet again. NO tomas its not racist. The southern border is the entry point for the vast majority of illegals including many european illegals. Has anyone said mexicans only keep out? NO.... We are saying all illegals keep out. We are saying throw all illegals out. The only ones talking race are the pro-hispanic illegals crowd.
it's all they have, poor things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
 
394 posts, read 896,490 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Oklahoma passed a law that will go after the employers and its working, lots better than building walls and taking land from Americans.
i would agree, except that you cannot JUST go after the employers to be effective. illegals can, have and do live better, off taxpayer supplied handouts than they would get in their homelands. we MUST eliminate that motive. they came here illegally, live here illegally and have no right to those benes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds
obviously the Native Americans in that article dont--and they are the ones who own the land that is being grabbed--- Their land is being taken from them and they are not happy. America has always done this, put the native americans LAST over anything---and take their land. Trail of tears -- land runs... modern day land grabs ....when does it stop? They were here FIRST. It's their land, sounds very hypocritical to me... to take land from native americans--who were squatted out by illegal immigrants (settlers), slaughtered by them, lands stolen by them, shoved on the reservations, only to later have to give up their land to protect these same people-- (americans) from losing the land to mexicans, that they stole first from the native americans.
Here we go again, more irrelevant history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:21 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
any and all means will be used to prevent fences on the border. why bek they work. stopping the flow will cost american business and mexico big time. the only person concerned about it is american labor, who is still convinced 30 years later that if they write their congressman he will put a stop to it and that labor unions are utterly useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
The border fence won't stop. Most of it is already paid for and hundreds of miles are already up.
As a member of the MinuteMen I've been down there, and I've monitored the fence right here from my computer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Enrage me? No I have heard it all. I never suggested Americans go anywhere.. I am one too you know? lol. But we as Americans should not take anymore of the Native Americans land. No Ifs ands or buts. The more America breaks these treaty's with tribal people who are sovereign, the more your case on the immigrants loses respectability.

On topic:

The fence isn't going to work, what will work is end NAFTA, go after employers who hire them. Make it so they have no reason to come here.

The economy going sour is already doing alot of work in that regard. What my state has done has them scared and they are leaving here as well.

Tulsa World: HB 1804 in effect
All of that has been done by our corrupt Government, not the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
LOL tell that to the nations who currently want to leave the Union or have already left... for broken treaties by the usa. The Un, and many many lawyers agree that those tribes are sovereign. Youre assuming they are not, which is wrong. Use google more often before you type, because you are so wrong and obviously not informed.
The Un? The Un has no say or power with in our borders. Further more the UN is the most corrupt org on the planet.
Clouds you know I respect you. But the UN is hardly a worthy source. LOL Lawyers don't get me started on Lawyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top