U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:44 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,695,899 times

Advertisements

Razor Wire Atop Texas Border Fence Prompts Lawsuit - Breaking News: The Post Chronicle

I wonder what the Texas Border Coalition true motives are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 06:33 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,324,363 times
Muhnay what did the US say when the East Germans built the Berlin Wall. We said we would never ever do anything like that and "Tear down those walls" Bush has made us the laughing stock of the world and we seem like the biggest hypocrites.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:10 PM

729 posts, read 1,773,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Muhnay what did the US say when the East Germans built the Berlin Wall. We said we would never ever do anything like that and "Tear down those walls" Bush has made us the laughing stock of the world and we seem like the biggest hypocrites.
Then how do you propose the flood of illegal aliens (my people...my raza!!) from entering and taking advantage of the many many loopholes in our immigration policies? They live here and they do not pay taxes, they use our infracstructure, they commit crime, they get sick and go to Thomason for free....do I need to go on?

My parents did it right. They came, applied, they waited, they became legalized citizens, they payed taxes, and they sacrificed their lives to provide for me and my brothers.

Meanwhile my lazy a$$ cousins, uncles, and aunts come over and ask for a handout. They hate me but they try to use me. The other day I picked up three "day laborer" mexican workers up at Home Depot. I hired them to do a brick patio for 10 bucks an hour. They were elated to do it. Then they started taking their time and doing a half ass job. But they were happy one of their own was gonna pay them big bucks for that day. After 6 hours and not even half way done they were surprised when I fired them and took them back to Home Depot. I told them they were slacking off and getting the wrong impression that I was gonna pay them for ****ty work. Boy where they surprised and astonished. They cussed me out and called me a traitor and a wanna be white boy.

What they dont understand is that I dont pay for laziness.....especially coming from mexicans!! I worked my butt off to get where I am today. I went to college and got a degree from UTEP.

So how do you propose to handle the flood of illegal aliens?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:14 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Quote:
The Berlin wall was built to keep people IN, not out. Bad analogy.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
WOA.. they built a wall.. we're building a fence.

They built a wall to keep people in.

We're building a fence to keep people out.

They did it to oppress a people under fascism.

We're building a fence to insure the freedoms we enjoy.

http://www.organic-city.com/apple.jpg/apple-full.jpg (broken link)

And

Old 07-05-2008, 05:31 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,324,363 times
Right - we are building the fence to keep people IN Mexico - The principle -and it obviously has escaped you -is to prevent people from going where they want.

Muhnay umm Fascism was Italy - Did you mean communism? Hey don't let the facts ever get in your way.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Right - we are building the fence to keep people IN Mexico - The principle -and it obviously has escaped you -is to prevent people from going where they want.

Muhnay umm Fascism was Italy - Did you mean communism? Hey don't let the facts ever get in your way.
I did not miss-speak. Read a book.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:30 PM

4,679 posts, read 8,267,708 times
Quote:

The wall needs to go up.

I'm all for letting the illegals that are here stay here as legal citizens but no more. We need the walls.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:57 PM

28 posts, read 81,022 times
The communist East Germans built the wall after WWII to keep there people imprisoned. Reagan uttered the now famous "tear down this wall" speech. I think this needs to be done but if it is not reinforced with the manpower to observe and maintain it building the fence will be a waste of the taxpayer's money.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:05 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Quote:

To keep people from going where they want? You need to read up on the world and how it operates ocean. We don't live in utopia.

Nobody is able to travel freely about this world without proper documentation. Countries have borders, sovereignty, and every right to protect those borders..

Try marching into Mexico sometime and you'll be provided with a useful example of that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration