U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How is your state handling the illegal invasion?
Very well, our state is on top it 7 11.86%
Was really bad, but things are getting better 5 8.47%
Lots of talk, but no results 18 30.51%
Sanctuary state 29 49.15%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,994,796 times

Advertisements

Any illegal form south of the border who makes it as far north as Chicago should be immeduately granted Canadian citizenship and deported to Quebec or Alberta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 07:31 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times
Well, today I see an article in my paper on a young man who has started a small business for himself by making a spanish realtor/renter newspaper, and is now expanding into other translating services for the 'spanish speaking community'.
As I said, Omaha Ne is in fact a sanctuary city.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:09 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
Any illegal form south of the border who makes it as far north as Chicago should be immeduately granted Canadian citizenship and deported to Quebec or Alberta.
Wishing that would happen . . . Chicago is a sanctuary full of them. I recently read an article authored by one of those Aztlan fruit baskets who prides illegals for their infiltration of every county in Illinois except mine: DuPage. His mantra was that they had to figure out a way to take over DuPage County. Fortunately, for now even Section 8 housing in DuPage County is still a rarity.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM

219 posts, read 378,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes that was absolutely awesome-pro-illegal Chris Cannon was defeated by pro-American Jason Chaffetz-despite the fact that Cannon outspent Chaffetz 7-1.

Let's hope that we see more of that in our congressional races in November.

Nicolem

Do you live in Utah Nicole? It was a great race. Even though I couldn't vote there I was routing for Mr. Chaffetz.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,187,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Do you live in Utah Nicole? It was a great race. Even though I couldn't vote there I was routing for Mr. Chaffetz.
No-New Hampshire but I was watching thr race closely and so happy with the outcome

Old 07-08-2008, 04:17 PM

219 posts, read 378,905 times
That is cool, I wish I was that informed. I sometimes barely know what is going on here . I too hope November has such a great outcome everywhere.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,799,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes that was absolutely awesome-pro-illegal Chris Cannon was defeated by pro-American Jason Chaffetz-despite the fact that Cannon outspent Chaffetz 7-1.

Let's hope that we see more of that in our congressional races in November.

Nicolem
Just like a bunch of anti-immigrant senators and reps got voted out last election cycle?

Old 07-08-2008, 05:06 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,209,009 times
I am in NJ and it can be pretty crappy with or without any illegals

But it is still a great state

We are a sanctuary state

My hometown and surrounding areas were taken over by illegal immigrants about 10 years ago, very sad

Hudson county which was once normal USA is no longer an english speaking area period, and that is sad because it is prime real estate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration