U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 04:05 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times

Advertisements

Note to self: don't be drinking a Coke at computer while reading andreabeth's very funny messages. Hilarious!!! Tried to rep you but can't--have to spread it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
off topic: I was thinking about the hassles of air travel today and I realized how grateful we all should be that Richard Reid tried to light his shoes on fire instead of his jockey shorts. Can you imagine what the security checkpoint lines at our airports would be like?

Old 07-05-2008, 04:28 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Dying gasps from the pro illegal crowd: they know in their hearts their cause is morally bankrupt-----hence their playing the last card.
To me morally bankrupt is dumping water tanks, someone suggesting it'd be better to put rat poison in the water tank, someoen suggesting to defecate in the water tanks, and everyone applausing that kind of behavior.
You yourself have said you found the Minutemen to be a little sketchy Azbear.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
To me morally bankrupt is dumping water tanks, someone suggesting it'd be better to put rat poison in the water tank, someoen suggesting to defecate in the water tanks, and everyone applausing that kind of behavior.
You yourself have said you found the Minutemen to be a little sketchy Azbear.
And at no time did I defend that poster's use of the 'rat poison' comment-----that was over the top.

BTW: how would you feel of the authorities emptied/removed said water tanks? Technically speaking; they would be in violation of zoning codes, etc. if no permits were issued.

Face it: the pro illegal party is over.......we are just 'cleaning house' now.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:43 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Quote:
And at no time did I defend that poster's use of the 'rat poison' comment-----that was over the top.

BTW: how would you feel of the authorities emptied/removed said water tanks? Technically speaking; they would be in violation of zoning codes, etc. if no permits were issued.

That is completely disgusting to suggest putting rat poison in the water. These immigrants are people. It also disgusts me how some so called pro immigrant people out there hire these people, don't give them medical insurance or other benefits and also don't have to supply them with workers compensation insurance. BUT those of us who think they should come here legally are the BAD ones??

Pro illegal immigrant supports are affraid of loosing cheap labour for their pools, lawns and moving day.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:17 PM

Am I too early, Macmeal?

Quote:
I trust you can back up these allegations with reports from reliable sources.
examples of Minuteman Behavior that I have seen leading me to come to that conclusion. The type of loud mouthed, quick tempered yokels that comprise the group.

YouTube - Americans Attacking Hard Workers

YouTube - Minutemen Assault Friends of Day Laborers

YouTube - Minutemen-Monsters

YouTube - Minuteman threatens violence at Carpentersville president

Missouri wife guilty in false report of rape

Who alleged this?

Human Rights groups, according to some articles.
Allegations fly in California Minuteman Project : North County Times - Californian (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/07/26/news/top_stories/20_01_397_25_05.txt - broken link)

Unsavory people, huh? I consider people deliberately sneaking into the US in violation of our laws far more unsavory than any Minuteman sitting in a lawn chair and watching the border with binoculars for hours on end could ever be.
The Minutemen watch the border and report suspicious activity to the Border Patrol. The BP may show up and arrest 10 drug mules carrying crack cocaine into the US in backpacks. Do YOU want these people getting into our country? I don't.
The Minutemen observe and report only. They are told not to have any contact with the illegals. If the illegals enter their area, the SOP is to fall back, get out of the illegals way. The goal is for the BP to deal with the illegals, NOT the Minutemen.
Are you opposed to Neighborhood Watch groups? If a neighbor across the street saw a burglar breaking into your home and called the police, would you consider that vigilante activism?
I can think of no reason why illegal aliens should have free access to the US. It has to stop. If the idea that the Minutemen are patrolling a section of the border causes a few of them to stay home, it is well worth the effort.
The minutemen seem to mostly be loud, slow witted, beer guzzling, gun toting, incoherent trash. They seem to be like the MeCha type, the only difference is their membership is way bigger, and they are armed.

And don't even get me started on former leader Gilchrist, that neo-nazi embezzling punk.

They've been filmed or caught lying about being assaulted so much, how can one believe any allegations they make?

Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Did I say you specifically defended the post, or was I just giving a better example of someone who's heart is "morally bankrupt"? A surprising number of people enjoyed that comment.

Have any authorities taken responsibility for the tanks beings "vandalized" after the story hit mainstream news?

Define "pro illegal", and can you back up these allegations with reports from reliable sources?
______

Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Am I too early, Macmeal?

The minutemen seem to mostly be loud, slow witted, beer guzzling, gun toting, incoherent trash. They seem to be like the MeCha type, the only difference is their membership is way bigger, and they are armed.

And don't even get me started on former leader Gilchrist, that neo-nazi embezzling punk.

They've been filmed or caught lying about being assaulted so much, how can one believe any allegations they make?
This is a video of a group called the Vista Citizens Brigade. These people are not the Minutemen. To the best of my knowledge, we are discussing the Minutemen. Why is this in here?

Since you find them so troubling, the surest way to put the Minutemen out of business would be for illegal aliens to stop crossing the US border.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:33 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
This is a video of a group called the Vista Citizens Brigade. These people are not the Minutemen. To the best of my knowledge, we are discussing the Minutemen. Why is this in here?

Since you find them so troubling, the surest way to put the Minutemen out of business would be for illegal aliens to stop crossing the US border.
Damn straight!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:

\
Are all of those videos vista citizens brigade? im pretty sure I heard minuteman in a few of those videos. And especially the article where a woman lied about being raped and shot by hispanics.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Am I too early, Macmeal?

You want to trashtalk the Minutemen? Right back at ya:

The illegals seem to be mostly loud, uneducable trash who like to drive drunk and lack the mental horsepower necessary to handle a firearm. They are like the Klan except that their 'organizations' get money from the gov. and various harebrained liberal groups.
Since they lie, cheat and steal everything, how can anyone believe any allegations they make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration