U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,712,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Again, youre talking about illegals, but I'm not illegal. groups like the minuteman arent held very highly, except for trucker hat wearing, foaming at the mouth rabid super Patriots. People like them are making Patriotism look tacky, which is an unfortunate unintended consequence of their behavior.
Many people that I have known see them as ridiculous. And thats not Latinos, or so called "pro illegals" either.
You said the illegals are people who are trying to work. What job is the pregnant woman who sneaks into the US to give birth looking for?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:09 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,997,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is precisely why it’s difficult to engage in mature, rational discourse with staunch pro-illegals; and this is certainly not the first time you have embellished.

Just the other day, you accused us of wishing death upon illegal aliens. I called you on that. Now, you are accusing us of “applauding” the notion of putting rat poison in the water tanks. This is a flagrant lie, and you know it.

Please indicate the posts on this thread where anyone “applauded” this despicable suggestion.
Applauding it, condoning it, and making excuses for it:
Quote:
I have no sympathy for these people. They took their chance, and what happened to the Mexican government? Instead of supporting them at home, they give them survival packs and instructions on how to succeed in crossing the desert, breaking the law, and becoming illegal aliens in the US...as long as they remember to send back money via Western Union.
There is no reason that taxpayers, either US or Arizona citizens, should be paying for these water towers that help these illegal aliens break the law. My only disappointment is that instead of draining them, the vandals didn't dump rat poison in them.

2.I'd go further and **** in the tanks. I'm a heartless bastard, sue me.

Hey, you can survive off the nutrients provided from urine, so why not? I'm just doing my part.

3.I don't care if the tanks are being drained. Finally someone is brave enough to be the "bad guy". We need more "bad guys". Why are they there in the first place? Why does America have to take care of every single person, whether they are doing right or wrong.

4.And there wouldn't be any laws to break if we actually enforced our laws... huh... doesn't that beat all, if it takes vandalism for people to start enforcing the laws then DO IT...

5.I think the attitude is far gone. Now we need more action. I encourage any and all behavior that limits their activities. I support it as well. I don't know about everyone else here, but the line has been drawn for me. I've seen my hometown turn into a crime ridden dump because of these people. I'm seeing this state I currently live in cater to these people with my tax dollars. I'm tired of it.

6.The only way we will ever be able to put a stop to this invasion, is to make the consequences more severe. You can't stop people from breaking the law with hugs and peace signs.

I'll post that for now, as I'm about to leave the house. Why do you take it so personally and feel every comment that there are people who hate illegals and wish them harm are directed at you?

The "anti-illegal" crowd must be the most righteous group on earth.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You said the illegals are people who are trying to work. What job is the pregnant woman who sneaks into the US to give birth looking for?
Preganant women are sneaking across the border pregnant just to have babies? So none of them are people who just happen to be living here illegally and having babies? They're limping across the desert in their 3rd trimester hoping to make it on time to the delivery room? hahah.

Can you back up these allegations with reports from reliable sources?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is precisely why it’s difficult to engage in mature, rational discourse with staunch pro-illegals; and this is certainly not the first time you have embellished.

Just the other day, you accused us of wishing death upon illegal aliens. I called you on that. Now, you are accusing us of “applauding” the notion of putting rat poison in the water tanks. This is a flagrant lie, and you know it.

Please indicate the posts on this thread where anyone “applauded” this despicable suggestion.
And btw, Benicar, what is the mature rational way of engaging of the "anti-illegals"?

YouTube - 1 Mexican Vs. Extremely Angry Minutemen - US
(who's the first one in this video to use the "race card"?)

And why am I pro-illegal? You or Azbear, someone tell me.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
What are YOU going to do about it? on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/headovmetal/1758982873/ - broken link)
movie-menace_of_the_rising_sun on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/21098063@N07/2189508851/ - broken link)
WARNING! Our Homes Are In Danger Now! on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/headovmetal/1759853852/ - broken link)

yay for war analogies!

Again, why am I "pro-illegal" for despising groups like the Minutmen, and being disgusted by tactics used against illegals?

With us or against us, huh?
Part of the solution or part of the problem.
OUR way or the highway, buddy!

Whatever.
Highway for the illegals-------out of the USA. Need I say more?

As for the putative so-called 'Minutemen' acting stupid-------our laws, if enforced, can take care of the fools.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Highway for the illegals-------out of the USA. Need I say more?

As for the putative so-called 'Minutemen' acting stupid-------our laws, if enforced, can take care of the fools.
What does the first sentence have to do what we are talking about?

Why am I pro-illegal??

Old 07-05-2008, 07:14 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

Possibly her husband

Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
[/b]

Possibly her husband
All the more reason to do away with birthright citizenship for the US born children of illegals.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:22 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,060,512 times
Quote:
Why am I pro-illegal??
You might be pro-illegal... (pick all that apply)
1) You use terms like anti-immigration when referring to people that oppose illegal entry into the U.S.
2) You decline to acknowledge that people who enter the U.S. without the proper paper work or with expired paper work are law breakers.
3) You make comments like "who else will do the jobs Americans won't do".
4) You disagree that people that come to this country should make an effort to learn the language so we all benefit from a common communication and understanding but instead suggest everyone should "live and let live".
5) You don't feel guilty or silly when arguing that illegals should be provided "civil rights" under U.S. law versus the civil rights they are entitled to under their own country.
6) You believe in absolute amnesty for all illegal immigrants in this country with no limitations (sometimes you throw in hardened criminals to give opponents a bone but you know they are harder to catch. ).
7) You disagree that there are such things as limited resources so if a trillion immigrants want to come to America tomorrow so be it.
8) You make superficial (or disingenuous) statements like "I believe the U.S. should protect it's border" but decry every effort to do this by accusing people of being racist, heavy handed, inhumane, too strict, not helpful enough (should hug them and give them food and water), etc. Hint, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem so suggest something that will actually work if you don't agree with the current approach.
9) You argue the benefits of cheap labor from illegals and then complain about the working conditions and low wages provided to illegals.
10) You don't believe crowded school systems, strained hospital resources, etc. should be things Americans should be concerned about, it's not the illegal immigrants fault they are poor.

Okay, so I started the list, maybe some others can add. Be civil though.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Applauding it, condoning it, and making excuses for it:

I'll post that for now, as I'm about to leave the house. Why do you take it so personally and feel every comment that there are people who hate illegals and wish them harm are directed at you?

The "anti-illegal" crowd must be the most righteous group on earth.
You have listed many comments, yet no “applause” specifically associated with the rat poison comment. I do not take everything you post personally. However, it has always been a pet peeve of mine for a person to deliberately embellish. I guess I simply don’t like dealing with dishonesty.

I certainly don’t consider myself self-righteous; however, I do value integrity. Sorry if that offends you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration