U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 11:22 AM

219 posts, read 378,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And you mentioned in the past you yourself are Latina as well so no Hispanic can dare call you a Mexican hater without him/her looking really silly.

I am definitely not a mexican hater, I can't be, that would mean I hate all mexicans, including my mom and I don't. I hate what they are doing to our country and the fact they don't follow the laws here.
High Springs Gator, I feel bad but on any job application or when I am asked I just say I am white. I am not ashamed of my "brown" side, I just don't really look "hispanic" or associate myself with it. I was born and raised as an American and never knew the other side.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:55 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
I am definitely not a mexican hater, I can't be, that would mean I hate all mexicans, including my mom and I don't. I hate what they are doing to our country and the fact they don't follow the laws here.
High Springs Gator, I feel bad but on any job application or when I am asked I just say I am white. I am not ashamed of my "brown" side, I just don't really look "hispanic" or associate myself with it. I was born and raised as an American and never knew the other side.
Well I just consider myself American. I was not born in Italy or Ireland. Dont really care what others think.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:03 PM

Yup, that is the way it should be, good attitude High Springs.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:05 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Hispanics come in all races/ethnicities.........and, I have seen 'full blood' English people who I thought were Mestizo Hispanics.

Santiago Creel; the Mexican (born/raised) politician could not pass for Latino here in the USA based on his looks. BTW: the 'Creel' family of which Santiago is a member of is based out of Kentucky.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:42 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
You are ashamed of your brown side, you talk about "it" like it some kind of disease. I feel sorry for you.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:45 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You are ashamed of your brown side, you talk about "it" like it some kind of disease. I feel sorry for you.
Why do you want to contradict what Annagrrrrrl herself has written??

Quote:
I am not ashamed of my "brown" side, I just don't really look "hispanic" or associate myself with it. I was born and raised as an American and never knew the other side.
Are you just trying to flame her, or is there a deeper motive?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:13 PM

BK, you make me laugh, IT is something I don't know a whole lot about. I refer to it as "IT" simply because it is foreign to me (something I don't know about). When I was born my parents decided to raise my sister and I not learning Spanish and we only visited my Mom's parents just 3 times in Mexico. I didn't know much other than what my mom told me. I love her more than anything but I was raised with classic American traditions rather than Mexican traditions. The only thing different was I had a pinata at all of my b-day parties . When I say I really don't know a lot about it, I really don't know a lot about it.
BTW, don't feel sorry for me, I am just fine even though people would think I was deprived because I don't know my "culture" or speak Spanish. My parents made the right decision, I really am ok.

Last edited by AnnaGrrrrrl; 07-07-2008 at 04:50 PM..

Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Since when being 'brown' is a prequisite for being a Mexican or Hispanic?

blacknight04: you are cratering dangerously close to racism, my friend.

I personally have met Mexicans who were 'White'---------and, proud of being citizens of Mexico.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:23 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Since when being 'brown' is a prequisite for being a Mexican or Hispanic?

blacknight04: you are cratering dangerously close to racism, my friend.

I personally have met Mexicans who were 'White'---------and, proud of being citizens of Mexico.

You of all people shouldn't give me a lecture on me bordering dangerously close to racism.

Before i make any other statements, what ethnicity is your father anngrrl?

Old 07-07-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
You of all people shouldn't give me a lecture on me bordering dangerously close to racism.

Before i make any other statements, what ethnicity is your father anngrrl?
I have just as much right to post here on City Data as I please (within ToS rules) as you.

Next comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.