U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:43 PM

148 posts, read 419,562 times

Advertisements

Well why stop at water? I mean, after all, "they didn't cross the border, the border crossed them", right?

They should be entitled to all fruits, vegetables, and meats that were grown/brought up in the Southwest/North America, because after all, it's "their land originally" according to their mantra.

Plus housing...why shouldn't they be entitled to the finest properties in North America?

Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Status: "Yes, words DO inflame or inspire others." (set 2 days ago)

2,930 posts, read 1,744,652 times
Default Not that I expect a (frankly speaking) bigot to listen...

...but for the benefit of others who might read the quote and find some grain of logic in it...here it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkyco View Post
If they didn't know what to expect, they shouldn't have attempted the journey.
*Lots of things in life are such that we don't know what to expect, but do so anyway: investing in the stock market, taking a chance on kicking German tail by landing on a beach in strong winds and storm-tossed seas (a.k.a. D-Day), even asking someone out on a date.

*Maybe they knew what to expect but their poverty was so wretching they decided to take a chance with their lives (no way to know for sure, of course, but that's the most plausible guess)

Quote:
Would you cross a burning desert with nothing but the clothes on your back,
See my immediately previous comments. They apply here too.

Quote:
..for no good reason other than you heard you could leech off the taxpayers on the other side?
Argument from Caricature - appealing to negative images in order to "prove" your point. Firstly, how do you know they were doing it to "leech off the taxpayers on the other side"? (Hard to ask them now that they're dead, but that's beside the point). I find it far more likely they were trying to cross in order to get any kind of job, perhaps to support their spouse and kids back home. After all, remittances of US wages back to Mexico and Central America is a common practice.

Quote:
I have no sympathy for these people. They took their chance, and what happened to the Mexican government? Instead of supporting them at home, they give them survival packs and instructions on how to succeed in crossing the desert, breaking the law, and becoming illegal aliens in the US....
So you're blaming poor Mexicans for the lack of support from the Mexican Government? That makes about as much sense as blaming the American Worker's high wage demands for outsourcing to Asia, or even blaming Ohio workers when their local plant shuts down and transfers operations to Alabama.

Quote:
as long as they remember to send back money via Western Union
And here you're saying that it's better for a poor Mexican to be unemployed with a family than to do anything it takes to support their families, even if it's moderately illegal? I don't know about you, but I think most of us would do something moderately illegal if that's what it took to support our families. That's what's called personal responsibility (which I assume you do support)

Quote:
There is no reason that taxpayers, either US or Arizona citizens, should be paying for these water towers that help these illegal aliens break the law. My only disappointment is that instead of draining them, the vandals didn't dump rat poison in them.
Illegal immigrants are coming across the border despite our Border Patrol's best efforts. They try one thing, the illegals will soon be creative enough to defeat it. If you're so against illegal immigration, then FIND A MEXICAN COMPANY TO INVEST IN or START A BUSINESS IN MEXICO and hire poor laborers and PAY THEM WELL!!!! Plus write your US Senator and Representative to pressure Mexico to start reforming itself to the point that IT can become an Economically Advanced Nation one day!

As for the rat poison comment doesn't deserve a response, except that it's just SHEER CRUELTY! You, sir, are a disgusting embarrasment to all open-minded, tolerant, compassionate, and intelligent Americans. I'd certainly rather have those illegals there than the likes of YOU.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:50 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Aside from the rat poison comment: I agree with karkyco line for line.

As for water tanks in general; they should be 3-5 miles (8K) inland from the border.

Mexico is not a poor country: its per capita income is over $12K a year------just the gap between the rich and poor there is obscene.

All of that stated: we (the USA) have the right to close/lock at least our southern border.

Mexico needs to grow up and take responsibility for itself. If it means a revolution SOB-----so be it.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 07-02-2008 at 07:05 PM..

Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
A lesser known piece of news, but one I find more "despicable" is one about anonymous vandals draining water tanks intended for illegal immigrants crossing through the harsh Arizona desert.

A lot of these immigrants are people who don't really know what to expect when they are crossing and sometimes get lost in the desert. Many many have died out there of dehydration or hypothermia(sp?).

Well, some people out there hate illegals enough that they think they deserve the worst kind of death.
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Vandals drain desert water tanks intended for illegal immigrants

graphic:
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/1...b874cad533.jpg
Some people don't see illegal immigrants as human beings, and some of the responses on this thread proves that.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Sorry....I can't go along with draining water tanks. I wouldn't want that on my conscience, and some things are just WAY off limits.....you don't puncture rubber rafts, you don't abandon people in locked freight cars, and you don't mess with water in a desert. You don't torment or harrass people, either.

What you SHOULD do, though, is stop them from ever getting into such predicaments. (It involves the "F word"....which I know is pretty controversial on this forum). You have a border enforcement program that's more than just a sorry joke, and you enforce it....(remember, we put a man on the moon)...But you don't take advantage of people in distress. Period.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Why don't we just hand out rifles at the border and allow every red-blooded American to shoot illegals on sight?
That is the level of stupid cruelty America is heading.

Why can't we work with the Mexican government to fix this issue? We can spend billions attacking and "fixing" the Middle-East but we cannot work with our own neighbor to resolve this and stop showing the ugly side of both of these countries.

My guess is that the MinuteMen will be behind this.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:06 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Perhaps these people are tired of the constant disregard for the laws and intend to make it more difficult for lawbreakers... they see things as black and white without gray areas and that is fine... I don't expect everyone to think like me or have the same values as me... this is their country as much as it is mine, but it is not the country of illegals... I wouldn't make America a place to be exploited by illegal immigrants but thats just my opinion and the opinion of the majority is more important (or so they say)...

Funny how you are all about upholding the law but yet condone the act of vandalism.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Some people don't see illegal immigrants as human beings, and some of the responses on this thread proves that.
yeah, no doubt.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:09 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Funny how you are all about upholding the law but yet condone the act of vandalism.
to me, its more like attempted murder.
I can just picture them trying to justify it.
"We're just trying to stop them from coming! After the first few die, then the others will get the lesson!"

Old 07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
I was thinking that too, it even has "Vandals" in the title of the story. I guess some laws are ok to break.

√ Vandalism OK

Last edited by Mach50; 07-02-2008 at 07:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration