U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Bountiful, Utah
219 posts, read 378,522 times
Reputation: 71

Advertisements

She doesn't back down and always has the info to prove her point. It is a great forum, no matter what, in the end, it is fun, informational and I think we would really miss you AMC and BK if you weren't here - you keep it interesting!

((((((GROUP HUG)))))))

 
Old 07-08-2008, 12:58 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
amc,

You seem to get upset that you've been labeled 'pro-illegal', but your posts on the subject tend to lend a lot of credence to that label. You rail about the Minutemen, mostly retired American citizens who play neighborhood watch on the border, insinuating that they're on the border 'hunting Mexicans', and possibly even SHOOTING at them.

You label anyone and everyone here that wants border security and the deportation of illegal aliens as racists, nativists and xenophobes when we've ALL said MANY times that we wouldn't care if the 30 million illegals were ALL from Europe, we'd STILL want them gone.

You do your damnedest to muddy the waters by refusing to distinguish between legal and illegal, you've said yourself that your ethnicity trumps your citizenship, and you've pooh-poohed the very real negative effects illegal immigration is having on our citizens and our society.

I'm sorry, but it's really hard to take your indignation seriously...
 
Old 07-08-2008, 04:57 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You of all people shouldn't give me a lecture on me bordering dangerously close to racism.

Before i make any other statements, what ethnicity is your father anngrrl?


Why is this necessary or relevant?
 
Old 07-08-2008, 04:58 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by guypinestra View Post
amc,

you seem to get upset that you've been labeled 'pro-illegal', but your posts on the subject tend to lend a lot of credence to that label. You rail about the minutemen, mostly retired american citizens who play neighborhood watch on the border, insinuating that they're on the border 'hunting mexicans', and possibly even shooting at them.

You label anyone and everyone here that wants border security and the deportation of illegal aliens as racists, nativists and xenophobes when we've all said many times that we wouldn't care if the 30 million illegals were all from europe, we'd still want them gone.

You do your damnedest to muddy the waters by refusing to distinguish between legal and illegal, you've said yourself that your ethnicity trumps your citizenship, and you've pooh-poohed the very real negative effects illegal immigration is having on our citizens and our society.

I'm sorry, but it's really hard to take your indignation seriously...
bravo!!
 
Old 07-08-2008, 07:32 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
IMO, Benicar is one smart, educated and very secure woman. She gives you a run for your money on every post AMC!

BTW, BK my Dad's white, but what does that matter?
For the record: I asked blacknight04 what its ethnicity/gender is------it would not answer. That poster is afraid of something I bet
 
Old 07-08-2008, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
She doesn't back down and always has the info to prove her point. It is a great forum, no matter what, in the end, it is fun, informational and I think we would really miss you AMC and BK if you weren't here - you keep it interesting!

((((((GROUP HUG)))))))

I wish I could rep you.
 
Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
amc,

You seem to get upset that you've been labeled 'pro-illegal', but your posts on the subject tend to lend a lot of credence to that label. You rail about the Minutemen, mostly retired American citizens who play neighborhood watch on the border, insinuating that they're on the border 'hunting Mexicans', and possibly even SHOOTING at them.

You label anyone and everyone here that wants border security and the deportation of illegal aliens as racists, nativists and xenophobes when we've ALL said MANY times that we wouldn't care if the 30 million illegals were ALL from Europe, we'd STILL want them gone.

You do your damnedest to muddy the waters by refusing to distinguish between legal and illegal, you've said yourself that your ethnicity trumps your citizenship, and you've pooh-poohed the very real negative effects illegal immigration is having on our citizens and our society.

I'm sorry, but it's really hard to take your indignation seriously...
Nowhere in the Constitution does it say "follow the minutmen!". Many people find them to be pretty shady. Even your own Arizona Bear thought of them to be kind of "sketchy".
WIth us or against us, haha.

Find me a post where I called any individual on here racist, Guypinestra, and I'll buy a stars and stripes jumpsuit so you can do cartwheels and stuff in front of the Mexican Consulate.

And nobody ignores ethnicity. You can claim color blind you want, but you aint fooling nobody.

See me as pro-illegal all you want, because you don't like what I have to say. Thats fine.

Keep freaking out about illegal immigration ,getting ulcers because you have to press one to speak English on the phone. Build a bomb shelter for when Reconquista happens.
But don't worry Guy, all that anger you hold in your heart will keep you alive through this Struggle. You Shall OVERCOME!
 
Old 07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And nobody ignores ethnicity. You can claim color blind you want, but you aint fooling nobody.
You Shall OVERCOME!
The rules of the English language dictate that one may say "You ain't fooling anybody"..or "You're fooling nobody"....take your choice. But "you ain't fooling nobody" is a double negative. That's not allowed.

As to whether GuyPinestra will "overcome", or not, I couldn't say. I'd have to know more about what he's trying to overcome....and how he's planning to go about it.
 
Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
The rules of the English language dictate that one may say "You ain't fooling anybody"..or "You're fooling nobody"....take your choice. But "you ain't fooling nobody" is a double negative. That's not allowed.

As to whether GuyPinestra will "overcome", or not, I couldn't say. I'd have to know more about what he's trying to overcome....and how he's planning to go about it.
Are the essays making up the bulk of our grade, Mr. Meal? Is there any extra credit options?


And I don't know. He's mad about something. There has to be some kind of hardship he is trying to get past. What is he trying to overcome?
For all we know, his wife and kids probably have terribly sore index fingers from pressing 1 so much on the phone. The humanity!
 
Old 07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Are the essays making up the bulk of our grade, Mr. Meal? Is there any extra credit options?


And I don't know. He's mad about something. There has to be some kind of hardship he is trying to get past. What is he trying to overcome?
For all we know, his wife and kids probably have terribly sore index fingers from pressing 1 so much on the phone. The humanity!
I'm a little peeved that you don't seem to realize what 30 million uninvited foreigners are doing to our country.

I saw you deny the use of the word 'racist'. I guess the accusation that anti-illegals just "hate Mexicans" doesn't quite make the bar for you. That sounds like an accusation of racism to me, and probably to most sentient beings.

I never said anyone ignored ethnicity, but I'm also a little steamed about your ethnicity trumping your citizenship. I never have cared for people who hold their citizenship in such low esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top