U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:10 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sorry....I can't go along with draining water tanks. I wouldn't want that on my conscience, and some things are just WAY off limits.....you don't puncture rubber rafts, you don't abandon people in locked freight cars, and you don't mess with water in a desert. You don't torment or harrass people, either.

What you SHOULD do, though, is stop them from ever getting into such predicaments. (It involves the "F word"....which I know is pretty controversial on this forum). You have a border enforcement program that's more than just a sorry joke, and you enforce it....(remember, we put a man on the moon)...But you don't take advantage of people in distress. Period.
Very much agreed.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Why don't we just hand out rifles at the border and allow every red-blooded American to shoot illegals on sight?
That is the level of stupid cruelty America is heading.

Why can't we work with the Mexican government to fix this issue? We can spend billions attacking and "fixing" the Middle-East but we cannot work with our own neighbor to resolve this and stop showing the ugly side of both of these countries.

My guess is that the MinuteMen will be behind this.
My guess is that they aren't. The Minutemen are really the boogey man for you folks, aren't they? You see them behind every tree.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
While I certainly don’t condone puncturing water supplies, I also don’t condone aiding illegal entry into this country. They should not have water tanks or anything else to facilitate crossing the desert. The last time I checked, it was “illegal” to aid and abet illegal immigration. Of course, that law isn’t being enforced either, as evidenced by our sanctuary cities.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:46 PM

1,238 posts, read 2,180,235 times
I'd go further and **** in the tanks. I'm a heartless bastard, sue me.

Hey, you can survive off the nutrients provided from urine, so why not? I'm just doing my part.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 PM

219 posts, read 378,429 times
I don't care if the tanks are being drained. Finally someone is brave enough to be the "bad guy". We need more "bad guys". Why are they there in the first place? Why does America have to take care of every single person, whether they are doing right or wrong. We have to help everyone, we have to feed everyone, we need to worry about what everyone is thinking about us. To hell with doing what is politically correct. When do we care about the people that are here starving and not having enough water. It's a freakin' desert, there is no water in the desert, I think you learn that in 1st grade and if they don't know that, that is their problem!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 PM

16,700 posts, read 18,909,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Funny how you are all about upholding the law but yet condone the act of vandalism.
Funny how you see it only as one-sided arguments... no, not really, actually I expected it from you... Acts of vandalism? The water tanks were used as resources for criminals... personally, I don't think they should exist at all, I rather we station ICE people at every one of them and deport everyone that comes that way... would that make you feel better? No? I didn't think so...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
to me, its more like attempted murder.
I can just picture them trying to justify it.
"We're just trying to stop them from coming! After the first few die, then the others will get the lesson!"
I suppose high oil prices or high milk prices are also attempted murder, lets bring those oil CEOs and farmers in and convict them... some people have real "loose" definitions of attempted murder...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I was thinking that too, it even has "Vandals" in the title of the story. I guess some laws are ok to break.

√ Vandalism OK
And there wouldn't be any laws to break if we actually enforced our laws... huh... doesn't that beat all, if it takes vandalism for people to start enforcing the laws then DO IT...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I'd go further and **** in the tanks. I'm a heartless bastard, sue me.

Hey, you can survive off the nutrients provided from urine, so why not? I'm just doing my part.
I'm guessing you speak from personal experience, or at least from studying on the subject.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
I don't care if the tanks are being drained. Finally someone is brave enough to be the "bad guy". We need more "bad guys". Why are they there in the first place? Why does America have to take care of every single person, whether they are doing right or wrong. We have to help everyone, we have to feed everyone, we need to worry about what everyone is thinking about us. To hell with doing what is politically correct. When do we care about the people that are here starving and not having enough water. It's a freakin' desert, there is no water in the desert, I think you learn that in 1st grade and if they don't know that, that is their problem!
For all of those who say being against immigration doesn't mean youre racist or hateful should pay attention to these posts.
How far are we from ending up with this kind of attitude towards immigration?

Thin line, very thin line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration