U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Major Metro
1,083 posts, read 2,060,069 times
Reputation: 353

Advertisements

I generally don't respond to any thread started by AMC and a few others that tend to attribute the phrase anti-immigration to people who want to protect our U.S. borders. To me it's akin to saying I used the N-word when I described someone as black. It's absolutely not the same and the former is insulting and designed to incite and encourage hate. Similarly,the use of the the term anti-immigration versus the correct term anti-illegal immigration (i.e. lawbreakers) is only done to incite bickering and devisiveness and is laden with a clear agenda (i.e. non-impeded borders and a "free for all" for all immigrants, no laws should be in place) despite AMC's declaration of "not being bothered". However, with that said, I have read some of the responses and I feel compelled to go on the record to say I do not condone draining water so illegals' lives are made even more difficult. Those that support such tactics are not helping the anti-illegal immigration cause at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Its a few gallons of water left out in the desert!
These people are basically dropped off in the desert by coyotes.
They have no idea how far it is to get out of the desert and hundreds have died out there.
Whats the big deal putting out water?
Putting water out there is one thing, but deliberately draining them so as to allow those lost out in the desert to die is evil!
The people who did that know exactly what they did! The illegals don't know the terrain as much as the people who did this.


If you saw an illegal dying from heat exhaustion on the side of the road, would you not help him because he is illegal?

The lack of human decency in the name of America is blowing my mind.

And no, I don't have a tough road ahead of me.
YOU do. Immigration, even illegal, is going to be going on for a long long time. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it does people like you.

I can live with it or without it. It makes no difference to me.
But it's making many of you middle class types miserable.

 
Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The fact is most posters on here agreed with him and didn't even condemn him. Look through the thread and point out how many "anti-illegal" distanced themselves from him.
Yes, but for the most part people on this message board (and others like it) can hide behind their computer.

On the national level no one would support this line of thinking....especially those truly concerned with illegal immigration issues...Not even Sheriff Joe would agree with this man. In fact, I think the Sheriff (who I rarely agree with) would arrest him if he found him to actually be doing such deeds.

Anyways, It gives the anti-illegal movement a bad name because the hatred rather then the issues draws the focus.
 
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Bountiful, Utah
219 posts, read 378,522 times
Reputation: 71
Everyone has the right to say what they want on here, we don't have to condone or condemn someone for stating their opinion. Is that required of us to let everyone know where we stand? To make people feel bad for stating their opinions? The rat poison thing has never been done and I am sure will never be done. The people who are draining these water tanks I am sure are just fed up but not evil. I think people get so angry they say stupid things, I am not one to judge because I am not perfect either. We need to quit spending so much time trying to make people feel guilty for expressing their thoughts and spend more time allowing people to talk about their ideas and feelings. It's a great place to vent and sometimes when you see what you have written you realize it is not such a great idea. It's a heck of a lot better than not having anywhere to go to talk and actually, physically do what you have been thinking, right?
 
Old 07-03-2008, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
It's beyond belief that people are putting water tanks in the desert to enable illegal aliens in their breaking of our immigration laws. That is defined as 'aiding and abetting', and is in and of itself illegal.

While I don't wish death on anyone, I DO wish that millions of illegal aliens annually would quit crossing our borders without permission, quit driving down the wages of American workers, quit overloading our schools, hospitals and prisons, and quit TAKING ADVANTAGE of our nation and it's taxpayers.

I would also wish that these 'discussions' could take place with a little less grandstanding on BOTH sides of the issue.

Mama always said, "If wishes were fishes..."
 
Old 07-03-2008, 04:00 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
It's beyond belief that people are putting water tanks in the desert to enable illegal aliens in their breaking of our immigration laws. That is defined as 'aiding and abetting', and is in and of itself illegal.

While I don't wish death on anyone, I DO wish that millions of illegal aliens annually would quit crossing our borders without permission, quit driving down the wages of American workers, quit overloading our schools, hospitals and prisons, and quit TAKING ADVANTAGE of our nation and it's taxpayers.

I would also wish that these 'discussions' could take place with a little less grandstanding on BOTH sides of the issue.

Mama always said, "If wishes were fishes..."
No, the water tanks are called HUMANITARIAN AID and there is no law against it, ask a border patrol agent if you don't believe it.
 
Old 07-03-2008, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
No, the water tanks are called HUMANITARIAN AID and there is no law against it, ask a border patrol agent if you don't believe it.
Then they should station a couple of BP agents right next to EVERY ONE....
 
Old 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Then they should station a couple of BP agents right next to EVERY ONE....
They are too busy guarding the invisable fence
 
Old 07-03-2008, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Reputation: 6654
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
No, the water tanks are called HUMANITARIAN AID and there is no law against it, ask a border patrol agent if you don't believe it.
LOL@humanitarian aid.

Its aiding and abetting people who are breaking the law, its that simple and frankly the people who are doing it should be ashamed of themselves.
 
Old 07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
LOL@humanitarian aid.

Its aiding and abetting people who are breaking the law, its that simple and frankly the people who are doing it should be ashamed of themselves.
The border patrol on the southern border of Arizona has NO problem with giving humanitarian aid such as food and water, maybe not all border patrol agents give a hoot about "illegals" but thank God many do.
And frankly no one feels ashamed of themselves, but the ones that could care less if they live or die should feel ashamed. The more hate that is poured out toward "illegals" more and more people are coming to their defence.
 
Old 07-03-2008, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
The border patrol on the southern border of Arizona has NO problem with giving humanitarian aid such as food and water, maybe not all border patrol agents give a hoot about "illegals" but thank God many do.
And frankly no one feels ashamed of themselves, but the ones that could care less if they live or die should feel ashamed. The more hate that is poured out toward "illegals" more and more people are coming to their defence.
Maybe one who knowingly aids and abets illegal immigrants should be ashamed as well------and, help turn 'em in.

1 866 DHS 2 ICE.......easy to input into your cell phone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top