U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,004 times

Advertisements

The Minutemen give illegal aliens humanitarian aid (food and water) all the time but all you here from the IA apologists is that they're a bunch of armed racists out to shoot Mexicans.

I'm all for giving them humanitarian aid when needed, as long as it's followed by a return trip to their HOMELAND.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:09 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
The Minutemen give illegal aliens humanitarian aid (food and water) all the time but all you here from the IA apologists is that they're a bunch of armed racists out to shoot Mexicans.

I'm all for giving them humanitarian aid when needed, as long as it's followed by a return trip to their HOMELAND.
I've defended the Minutemen numerous times. I refuse to believe most of them are anything other than a sort of "Neighborhood Watch"....and that if ONE of them so much as hurt a "hair on an illegal's head" it would be in the headlines for a week...believe me, THAT would be a story.

Those who want to 'gripe' about the Minutemen may do so, of course...call them "nosy"....or "pesty"....or call them "embarrassing", if you yourself are supposed to be apprehending the trespassers the Minutemen are only observing...but don't call them 'mean-spirited racists'. THe job is MUCH too 'hands off' to satisfy any racist 'worthy of the name'....and besides, a number of Minutemen share the 'race' of those they observe.

Even the President of the US couldn't muster up much more of a condemnation of them than a mumbled "I don't like vigilantes"...well, no KIDDING, Mr. President....especially when those 'vigilantes' are documenting the problem YOU refuse to discuss. But even Bush couldn't come up with anything more 'colorful'...probably because there IS nothing more to say.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:14 PM

219 posts, read 378,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Fact is, most of them are paying someone to get to America, with not too much knowledge of whats actually on the other side of the border.
Many of them pay a coyote that says they are going to bring them to America.
Next you know theyre facing a vast desert. He basically tells them, walk down their for a few miles and you'll get America.
So the coyote takes off with his cash, and the people start walking. A few miles might actually be 50 miles, or even more.
They get disoriented from the heat, but they keep pushing. At this point theres no going back. Theyre not sure if they'll ever find shade or city.
Many of them pass out, and lie there to burn in the Sun.
When their bodies are found, if they are ever found(many are not), they are already blackened dry husks of bodies littering the desert floor.

These aren't the gangbangers, or the rapists you read about. These are PEOPLE. Men, Women, CHILDREN. HUMAN LIVES.

Providing emergency water stashes is not aiding and abetting the act of illegal immigration, but an act of humanitarian aid for those who are ignorant to what they are walking into, or just want to be in America that bad where they are risking thier very lives.

Its just water people! Its not a taxi service to the nearest Home Depot, not a pair of hiking boots and compass, not a mall type directory, its WATER. The most basic necessity to live.

Even the Border Patrol will save or help immigrants when thier mission is clearly to help them out.

Border Patrol can be like the anti-illegal immigrant crowd.

Theres the kind that know they have a job, but are very humane about it. Some agents will risk their lives to save the life of an immigrant, even if he/she is illegal. They are respectful, and actually try to save those who's lives are in danger crossing the deadly terrain. But they don't lose sight of their job. They know they can both be compassionate and do their job at the same time. These agents can be White, Black, Brown, Asian, whatever.

Then theres the other kind. The cowboys. These guys enjoy beating up immigrants just for the hell of it. They degrade the immigrants, ridicule them, rough them up, etc etc. These agents can also be White ,Black, Brown, or Asian.

Don't lose sight of what this post is about. If you have any decency, you should be disgusted by this act of hatred towards illegal immigrants. This act goes beyond the politics of this issue.

You sure know a lot about what goes on out there - a little too much. How do you know they are not rapists and criminals? How do you think the rapists and the criminals get here?
Sure, it's just water, but is water keeping them alive to get HERE, they are not supposed to be HERE. If it gets so hot and unbearable they need to turn around and go home. Drink all the water they want and GO HOME.
Cowboys beat up illegal aliens? Have you seen that? Only cowboys do that? I think mexicans beat up on mexicans more than cowboys do. From what I have seen they treat each other worse than any cowboy.
I don't think you can be raised in this beautiful country and not have decency and not be appreciative of what we have. We all know why they want to come here, everyone does. BUT they are breaking the law. They should take their own water if they want to break the law and not expect the kind hearted people that can be walked all over called Americans to do it for them. They do have water in mexico, right?

QUOTE:
Providing emergency water stashes is not aiding and abetting the act of illegal immigration, but an act of humanitarian aid for those who are ignorant to what they are walking into, or just want to be in America that bad where they are risking thier very lives.

I don't think being ignorant is a good excuse - and they probably wouldn't like you calling them that.

Last edited by AnnaGrrrrrl; 07-03-2008 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Couldn't get that quote thingy to work right *sigh*

Old 07-03-2008, 08:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,998,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
You sure know a lot about what goes on out there - a little too much. How do you know they are not rapists and criminals? How do you think the rapists and the criminals get here?
Sure, it's just water, but is water keeping them alive to get HERE, they are not supposed to be HERE. If it gets so hot and unbearable they need to turn around and go home. Drink all the water they want and GO HOME.
Cowboys beat up illegal aliens? Have you seen that? Only cowboys do that? I think mexicans beat up on mexicans more than cowboys do. From what I have seen they treat each other worse than any cowboy.
I don't think you can be raised in this beautiful country and not have decency and not be appreciative of what we have. We all know why they want to come here, everyone does. BUT they are breaking the law. They should take their own water if they want to break the law and not expect the kind hearted people that can be walked all over called Americans to do it for them. They do have water in mexico, right?

QUOTE:

I don't think being ignorant is a good excuse - and they probably wouldn't like you calling them that.
Youre right....how do we know which ones are killers and rapists and which ones arent? So if we let thousands of people die to kill one or two killers, its worth it right?

And I said they were ignorant to whats on the other side of the border. Thats not really derogatory at all.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Do you understand that IF these water stations were not there (and marked on maps handed out to future invaders in Mexico) MAYBE this would deter some of them from crossing? Knowing that there was NO WATER for a long distance might make a few of them rethink their plans to cross the desert in July. The simple idea that there will be water stations in the desert probably contributes to more unprepared people who do not know what they are doing heading off into inhospitable terrain than would otherwise do so. If the lure of these water stations leads illegal aliens to believe the trip will not be that difficult and they end up dying of dehydration/heatstroke before they reach a water station, then as far as I am concerned the people who put those tanks out in the desert are just as guilty as anyone else you care to blame.
They were coming and dying before the water stations we put out.
They come all times of the year not just July. You deal with your concience the way you want and I will do the same.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,125,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
A lesser known piece of news, but one I find more "despicable" is one about anonymous vandals draining water tanks intended for illegal immigrants crossing through the harsh Arizona desert.

A lot of these immigrants are people who don't really know what to expect when they are crossing and sometimes get lost in the desert. Many many have died out there of dehydration or hypothermia(sp?).

Well, some people out there hate illegals enough that they think they deserve the worst kind of death.
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Vandals drain desert water tanks intended for illegal immigrants

graphic:
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/1...b874cad533.jpg
Good grief. Are you so foolish to think we should help the ILLEGALS come? Let the coyotes they pay to get them here supply the neccesities for travel.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:11 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,907 times
Posted by Buffalo transplant:

Good grief. Are you so foolish to think we should help the ILLEGALS come? Let the coyotes they pay to get them here supply the neccesities for travel.

I think you might have a misconception of what the coyotes do. They are in it for money plain and simple. The more people in the group, the more money they make,
and don't make the mistake of thinking all coyotes are Mexican, there are Americans too. So their job is to get the group over the border and they are dumped in the desert, if some die on the trip, so be it...they already have received their money if they are dead or alive. AMC760 is correct that many hate illegals enough to wish them dead. When a person has the concept that another human being's life can just be discarded, it does not speak well of that person or those that share that belief.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:24 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Posted by Buffalo transplant:

I think you might have a misconception of what the coyotes do. They are in it for money plain and simple. The more people in the group, the more money they make,
and don't make the mistake of thinking all coyotes are Mexican, there are Americans too. So their job is to get the group over the border and they are dumped in the desert, if some die on the trip, so be it...they already have received their money if they are dead or alive. AMC760 is correct that many hate illegals enough to wish them dead. When a person has the concept that another human being's life can just be discarded, it does not speak well of that person or those that share that belief.
The illegal aliens place themselves in the position of being in the desert. No American is holding a gun to their head forcing them into inhospitable terrain. If someone drives around the gates that are down at a RR crossing and gets hit by a car, that person has no one to blame except themselves. The illegal aliens need to accept responsibility for the consequences of their poor decision making.
The problem with the water tanks is that a) they may encourage people to try to cross who otherwise would not do so and b) the bottom line is that they allow people who should not be in the US in the first place to continue further into the country. This fact seems to be lost on you. They are in violation of US immigration law. They are not supposed to be in a desert in the US to begin with.
If people want to place these tanks, each tank should have a BP agent sitting next to it. He or she can then give the illegal as much water as they want, some food if they are hungry and send them back to Mexico on the next bus.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:22 PM

219 posts, read 378,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If people want to place these tanks, each tank should have a BP agent sitting next to it. He or she can then give the illegal as much water as they want, some food if they are hungry and send them back to Mexico on the next bus.

Great idea

Old 07-04-2008, 12:39 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,092,530 times
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
As much as I'm against illegal immigration, I'd never drain water tanks that were already there, although I do believe putting up those water tanks in the first place encourages people to risk their lives crossing the desert to enter our country illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration